I'm curious as to if the storm actually needs a screen protector? I see lots of youtube videos and people posting that it doesn't scratch.

The one youtube video I saw he tried keys, a knife, and other things and was unable to scratch it.

So it leaves me to believe I don't need one. Can anyone shine some light on any advantages to having one or if I should just leave it without one? They seem to be more annoying then anything!

Thanks!
    03-30-09 11:51 AM
    I use mine without them... I clean the screen once a week or so, and have 1 particle of dust under the screen.

Works fine for me!
    03-30-09 12:53 PM
    they are fairly inexpensive and easy to install...better to be safe than sorry...
    $10 for 3 protectors or a reeeally long time of being angry cause you have that small scratch on the screen of your new storm?...your choice...

i say go for it...
    03-30-09 12:54 PM
    Yes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

03-30-09 12:55 PM
    Yes, dont risk it son.
    03-30-09 12:58 PM
    I will add another "yes" to the stack.

To many reasons to do it, no downside (can't tell its there so it is not unsightly....)

As the othets said, better safe than sorry.

03-30-09 01:23 PM
    My wife's storm is covered in scratches already. Thank god she has a screen protector or I would have taken the phone away from her by now. I agree with the rest and say get the screen protector. You will regret it the day your screen is hosed

03-30-09 01:25 PM
    Hey Edge, those scratches aren't scratches. There is a factory screen protector on it. I'm pretty sure of that. anyways I don't use one on mine and it stays in my pocket all day long
    03-30-09 03:17 PM
    Yea lots of people don't know it comes with a screen protector. So actually buying one would be to protect the screen protector. I made the same mistake.

03-30-09 03:25 PM
    i took the screen protector off and put on for those full body shield on my storm, it really nice and does not scratch at all I got it from ebay for $12
    03-30-09 03:48 PM
    The Verizon brand screen protectors suck hard.
    03-30-09 04:06 PM
    Hey Edge, those scratches aren't scratches. There is a factory screen protector on it. I'm pretty sure of that. anyways I don't use one on mine and it stays in my pocket all day long
    Oh I know about the factory screen protector. We took that off and put a thicker screen protector on. My wife has managed ti scratch the **** out of the new protector though lol

03-30-09 04:09 PM
    The Verizon brand screen protectors suck hard.
    why do they, im using one right now...
    03-30-09 04:10 PM
    i'm using one too, they suck because they bubble, aren't very protective, and pretty expensive for what they are...i have one too, looking to upgrade pretty soon...

i also took the factory protector off, i think that is more to preserve the phone while being in the box than anything and not actually meant to protect the screen considering it is about as thick as a piece of scotch tape...
    03-30-09 04:16 PM
    I do not. I carry mine in my pocket, sometimes accidentally with my keys, and I have not a single mark on it. I'm not saying go do this, but this is what made me say no go to screen protectors.

The screen protectors get scratched and dingy to quick, I love the way my phone looks without it, super easy to clean!!!
    Last edited by mwbtown003; 03-30-09 at 04:31 PM.
    03-30-09 04:28 PM
    I don't use it. I actually took it off a week after I got my phone. The air bubbles just got annoying. I've dropped my phone quite a few times and no scratches on the screen yet. There is a couple dents on the silver rim but nothing major.
    03-30-09 07:48 PM
    Yes, I'm going with the "better safe then sorry" crowd. I put one on mine within a couple of minutes of taking the factory protection wrap off it...
    03-30-09 07:58 PM
    No.

Don't spend the $5 and 5 minutes-to-install to protect your screen from damage.

Who would do that?
    03-30-09 08:45 PM
    I have had the verizon screen protectors on my phone since I bought it. They seemed to do one thing well. That is show fingerprints. Today I installed the full body ghost armor kit. I am kinda up in the air on this protection system as well. I think that one my Vaja case gets here it is all coming off. The glass seems to be so much easier to clean than the plastic screen protectors.

03-30-09 09:09 PM
    I kept a screen protector on mine for the first month then got tired of all the junk on it so took it off. The phone looks a lot better without the protector and like other posters have said I have dropped mine a few times and have scuffed the outside a tad but no damage whatsoever to my screen.
    03-30-09 09:14 PM
    I use the bestskins brand works like a charm.

03-30-09 09:30 PM
    none here either. been off since i got the phone and no issues.
    03-30-09 09:57 PM
    Well... metal things like knives and stuff may not cut it, since its glass. But the screen can easily be scratched by minerals and sand or dust. So, I would highly recommend getting a screen protector. I believe it has the same glass type screen as the iphone/ipod touch and the first day I got my touch, i put it in my pocket and it came out scratched, so after that day, i used screen protectors immediately on all my devices.
    03-30-09 09:58 PM
    i think it's a must
    03-30-09 10:49 PM
    add a poll to this
    03-30-09 11:02 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD