Has anyone noticed that the screen protectors that Verizon sells makes the touch screen less responsive, and if they get the slightest bit of grease on them (Chic Fil A) it damn near wont respond.

Is this just me or can someone else feel my frustration.
    12-31-08 06:42 PM
    No mine is fine. I'm not having that problem

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-08 06:44 PM
    Did you take the original factory screen protector off first before applying the new one?
    12-31-08 07:27 PM
    Yeah mine don't affect the quality or responsiveness of the phone, but instead the VZW screen protector is scratched and smudged, even after I use the microfiber cloth on it. I'm guessing these just aren't that great
    01-02-09 06:08 PM
    Have the more permanent skins put on (Ghost Armor, Phantom Skinz, Invisible Shield)

Your local Best Buy carries Invisible Shield I think and they can apply it for you. It runs 20 bucks, but has a lifetime guarantee (just peel it off and send it in if you get a new Storm, it DOES actually scratch the protector, etc.)

Do a search of the forums for the reviews on these kinds of protectors. I like my IS but I realie there is better out there -- it was just convenient that Best Buy had it and would put it on for me.
    01-02-09 06:14 PM
    I DO notice a difference in the responsiveness of the phone with a VZW protector on it. I removed the stock protector and replaced it with a VZW protector. The screen began to lag with respect to responsiveness. So i removed the protector and now my phone does not have anything on the screen, and the responsiveness has improved dramatically.
    01-02-09 06:16 PM
    well I bought the pack of three for 10 dollars from verizon and its pretty scratched already
    01-02-09 06:16 PM
    Go with PhantomSkinz, just 24.95 for a full body kit and you get two sets.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 06:27 PM
    Purchased the 3 pack from Verizon. Love them! Have not noticed any decline in touch response. Is your Swipe Sensitivity set to 6?
    01-02-09 06:33 PM
    i wasn't impressed with IS...too sticky when your trying to swipe...has anyone used a different brand and they are happy with the feel of the screen?
    01-02-09 06:54 PM
    I just got the 3-pack at the Verizon store the other day after a bad Bodygaurdz experience. I had recently put the BG on my Omnia (exchanged for the storm) and it was excellent. My Storm BG had several bubbles and a rainbow streaking that didn't go away, even after 4 days.

I took off the BG, installed the VZW protector as a temporary fix, and it seems to work pretty well. A lot shinier than BG (and easier to smudge), but they will get the job until I decide to install the extra BG protector (2 come in a box). Right now I'm pleased though, so I'll prob just hold off.
    01-02-09 07:05 PM
    I just got the 3-pack at the Verizon store the other day after a bad Bodygaurdz experience. I had recently put the BG on my Omnia (exchanged for the storm) and it was excellent. My Storm BG had several bubbles and a rainbow streaking that didn't go away, even after 4 days.

I took off the BG, installed the VZW protector as a temporary fix, and it seems to work pretty well. A lot shinier than BG (and easier to smudge), but they will get the job until I decide to install the extra BG protector (2 come in a box). Right now I'm pleased though, so I'll prob just hold off.
    Sorry, you lost me here. So what phone do you own? The Storm or the Omnia?
    01-02-09 07:14 PM
    I've had the 3-pack VZW ones since day one. I've never had a problem with the screen lagging or touch responsiveness, greasy or non-greasy fingers
    01-02-09 07:14 PM
    ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | iPhone, iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield
    I have the invisible shield and can't fault it, also got it on my PS3 and it is amazing. A little fiddly to apply but well worth the effort. No effect on the responsiveness of my Storm screen either.
    Last edited by B088IN; 01-02-09 at 07:45 PM.
    01-02-09 07:24 PM
    No responsiveness problems for me with the VZW, but I must be a greasy SOB cuz I'm wiping the screen down constantly.
    01-02-09 07:25 PM
    chick fil a is delicious.

That is all.
    01-02-09 08:05 PM
    I noticed it a little too, but I just went into the settings and put the swipe sensitivity on the maximum (6).
    01-02-09 08:19 PM
    i wasn't impressed with IS...too sticky when your trying to swipe...has anyone used a different brand and they are happy with the feel of the screen?
    Yeah, the IS one was to sticky for me too. I installed the Verizon ones and it's 100% better when swiping.
    01-02-09 08:34 PM
    i can tell you this...i had no trouble operating my phone this week while at the beach club. i kept my phone in a ZIPLOC sandwich bag, and had no sensitivity problems. i was able to type/swipe just as if the phone was out of the bag. pretty amazing.
    01-02-09 08:51 PM
    Same for me..not one problem.
    01-02-09 08:55 PM
    I've had the 3-pack VZW ones since day one. I've never had a problem with the screen lagging or touch responsiveness, greasy or non-greasy fingers
    (Oops..forgot to check the little)box...

Same for me...not one problem.
    01-02-09 08:57 PM
    no problems here with the VZ screen protectors. I heard that a lot of the full device guards are great but the screen protectors that come with the kits are a bit more adhesive to the screen than most would care for...kind of detering me right now. Does anyone know any kits sold without the S.P. parts, just curious
    01-02-09 08:58 PM
    I have been using the VZW screen protectors since the day before Thanksgiving and have not had any problem. I do need to wipe it off every couple of days. I have the screen swipe set to 6. No scratches yet, but I keep it in a horizontal holster and also have a hard case on it.
    01-02-09 09:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD