I'm going to order RIM9550HOCL Part Number, and I noticed it doesn't have any protection on the front. But most screen protectors only cover the front push piece of the screen and not the actual black Trim.

Anyone have one that covers the entire front? Just trying to protect it from hitting the floor and scratches I hate scratches
    07-22-10 08:32 AM
    I'm going to order RIM9550HOCL Part Number, and I noticed it doesn't have any protection on the front. But most screen protectors only cover the front push piece of the screen and not the actual black Trim.

Anyone have one that covers the entire front? Just trying to protect it from hitting the floor and scratches I hate scratches
    Yes. I have the full body cover from Zagg. There are cheaper alternatives on eBay.
    I hate scratches on any of devices.

***Keep in mind though that there may be a slight loss of responsiveness with screen protectors. It is very negligible in my opinion and the protection is worth it.
    Last edited by brown_storm; 07-22-10 at 09:06 AM.
    07-22-10 08:38 AM
    Yes. I have the full body cover from Zagg. There cheaper alternatives on eBay.
    I hate scratches on any of devices.

***Keep in mind though that there may be a slight loss of responsiveness with screen protectors. It is very negligible in my opinion and the protection is worth it.
    I it possible to get a pic of it somehow?
    07-22-10 08:42 AM
    I it possible to get a pic of it somehow?
    Here you go. They are not the best (took them at work).

This is a link to the product.
    ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | BlackBerry Storm 2 9520/9550 Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

Attachment 67636

Attachment 67637

Attachment 67638
    07-22-10 12:53 PM
    If you don't want any scratches, put it in a drawer until you're ready for a new phone. If you want to protect it from drops to the floor, hang on to it, D A M N I T!
    07-22-10 06:15 PM
    Phantomskinz do a full front or an all over skin. No complaints here.
    07-22-10 07:03 PM
    i bought the zagg for my replacement phone.. MAN, it was such a PITA to get lined up just right. i had a normal screen protector b4 that came with my otterbox... ( thats the case to have!)

It was such a Pain and having water all over the place ( to make the shield pliable ) that i put the screen protector on and said the **** with the rest of it.

I find the Zagg really thick and it makes editing, and cutting and pasting even more difficult than it already is...

i can't stand my phone in my pocket anyway... so thats why I have the otter..
    makes the phone pretty well protected.. ( an understatement.. especially with the Zagg on the screen for when its not in the other half of the case)

Also.. FYI... the Zagg has some kind of "friction" factor to it.. so when you goto swipe the screen ( or do anything that requires a very small movement).. it makes your finger want to slightly stick to the initial spot where youre starting... so really fine motions like editing text is even more annoying!)

It is tough though... probably more suited for a PS3!... but for screen contact.. its not my cup of tea..

just my 2 cents..
    07-22-10 07:19 PM
    I've used Zagg on my last 3 bb's and have been pleased with their screen protectors. They are pricey though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-10 01:02 AM
    I used to use the Zagg Invisible Shields, but Phantom Skinz is the same kind of material, but better cut and with less orange peel effect. I now swear by Phantom Skinz. Plus, you get two for the price of one and I think the application method is slightly better. Application for both is still a pain, but it's doable with a little patience.

As a heads up, I dropped my Storm 9530 on concrete several times and while the Phantom Skinz took a beating (it actually cut the skin on two of those drops), the phone itself still looked perfect. I actually ordered one for the 9550 before I actually got the phone, just to make sure I had it ready to go as soon as the device got here.
    07-23-10 01:44 AM
    If you don't want any scratches, put it in a drawer until you're ready for a new phone. If you want to protect it from drops to the floor, hang on to it, D A M N I T!
    LOL Agreed noone means to DROP their phone though you know?

Damn Zagg is expensive. 24.99 for a shield? I should be able to run over the damn thing
    07-23-10 06:32 AM
    stop dreaming. get an otterbox. there's this funny vidz in youtube made me decided otter is the best protection.

watch how he kill his apple iphone at the end of vidz. wahahaha. so much for iphone fanboy.
    07-23-10 06:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD