Maybe I'm missing something, but I've used the VZW protectors for any phone I've ever had and had 0 problems. I'm using them on my Storm, and I got it on there perfect with no peeling at all after having it in my coat all night. Not sure why so many are having problems out of a piece of plastic.
    12-17-08 12:27 AM
    I forgot to remove the front and the back from my verizon screen protector and it scratched and got destroyed in minutes of use. I was mad and removed the screen protector, but little did I know that instead of removing my whole screen protector I removed the thin film on the outside. Verizon needs better instructions on these lol.
    12-17-08 12:31 AM
    When applying the screen protectors, some get dust on them since it's statically charged. The way around this is to go to your bathroom and turn your shower on with the water set on it's hottest setting. Close the door and let the steam build up good, then wait 10 minutes after you open the door. The steam makes things slightly damp(duh)and keeps all those damn particles from circulating in the air, and from being attracted to the protector. I know it sounds like a lot of trouble, but it's better than getting that protector on perfectly, only to see that big *** carpet fiber smack dab in the middle of the display.
    12-17-08 12:46 AM
    When applying the screen protectors, some get dust on them since it's statically charged. The way around this is to go to your bathroom and turn your shower on with the water set on it's hottest setting. Close the door and let the steam build up good, then wait 10 minutes after you open the door. The steam makes things slightly damp(duh)and keeps all those damn particles from circulating in the air, and from being attracted to the protector. I know it sounds like a lot of trouble, but it's better than getting that protector on perfectly, only to see that big *** carpet fiber smack dab in the middle of the display.
    I have 2 of those big *** carpet fibers in my screen. Can't see it unless I'm in the browser though. It drives me crazy.
    12-17-08 12:52 AM
    So I wish I would have known this before I wasted my money. The Verizon screen protectors for the storm are crappy as possible. I left my screen protector that came with the phone on for a while and decided that it was getting a little old. I put on my new Verizon ones that I got with the phone. Little did i know, It already had scratches, when I went to get 1 bubble out, the screen got scratched, O.K. my fault right. However the screen always feels a little bit tacky which is awful, and when I tried to clean the screen with the included microfiber cloth, THAT ACTUALLY SCRATCHED THE SCREEN PROTECTOR cloth is harder than this sp. I wasn't pressing very hard. The VZ CSR told me that it was a bad one and that shouldn't happen, anyone else have this experience. I'm going to return it later this week.
    didn't read all the posts after yours so someone might have mentioned it..

The included microfiber cloth.. is used to clean the glass screen before you apply the protector..

Its not meant to clean the protector itself..

;(

protectors are disposable..

there almost useless to me because its very unlikely that I will come in contact with anything that will scratch my glass screen.

The iPhone was proof of that. keys in the pocket never damaged it at all and thats the extent..

now if I drop it on concrete and it hits a rock or whatever the protector wouldn't do a whole ton to save the screen anyway..

people think it does but it really doesn't

The biggest thing screen protectors do is make less damage on a plastic type screen were keys and things would easily scratch it..

just my 2 cents

the cloth is not for cleaning a thin piece of plastic..
    12-17-08 12:54 AM
    I bought a huge microfiber cloth at the Wal Mart optometry dept for $2.00. It's made of the same stuff as the Oakley cleaning cloth/bags, and does a great job at getting smudges, smears, and oil off the screen.
    12-17-08 12:56 AM
    I have always trashed my factory screen protectors at one point or another. I seem to always mix my keys and phone in the same pocket...

Ive said it before and ill say it again, if anyone is looking for a rock solid screen and or full phone wrap. Get the Invisi-sheild by Zagg. I have had it on the last few phones I have had and It looked the same after a year of having it on. It goes on like window tint, which means it goes on wet. You can position it where you want it and squeegy the soapy water out, no worries about alignment! Perfect everytime! Its clear and WILL NOT SCRATCH, EVER, It wont tear or fade. If you put it on while your finish is still nice and sharp, the clear shield holds that luster in. Plus they will replace it for the life time of the phone.

BONUS, you can use any case you like as its paper thin.

Mine was $39 installed and most malls have a place that has them. I was going through the plastic style ones about once a month at $10 for 3 (I think) when using a stylus ( not on blackberry).

I would post a link but I dont have 10 posts.
    12-17-08 01:09 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD