05-17-09 01:07 PM
45 12
tools
    I don't use a screen protector and some how I have two scratches, some how.
    05-14-09 05:29 PM
    I haven't had my original on since I got it 5 months ago. Not a single scratch and I just throw it around and in my (zippered) pocket. No special treatment or protection and it's as pretty as the day I bought it.
    05-14-09 05:31 PM
    I brought the little three pack screen protector from the Vzn store when I got my phone. Easy to put on and they are tough and VERY clear.

With all that, why not, even though the glass cover is pretty scratch resistant....

Cheers,
    Steve in So Cal
    05-14-09 05:35 PM
    lol Man... I have had mine off for about a week. no prob yet.
    05-14-09 05:51 PM
    Took off the full screen film that comes with the phone after 3 months and put on IS. Had it for a couple of months and the dirty edges finally got to me. Took everything off and have been commando for the past 5 weeks. No scratches. Like the feeling of the bare screen. Looks great. Was skeptical at first since I'm paranoid about my storm. No regrets so far.
    05-14-09 06:11 PM
    Four months with no screen protector and the screen looks like new.

I have yet to see a screen protector over a couple of weeks old that didn't look like S*** from dirty edges and scratches so why bother with them. If the phone had a plastic screen that might change my mind but the scratch resistant glass on the Storm screen holds up great.
    05-14-09 08:16 PM
    I would keep the screen protected not only does it insure u don't get scratches imo it helps keep dust out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 08:35 PM
    So my screen protector is getting to the point where it's filthy and i need to replace it. However I've heard that it really doesn't need one so I'm thinking of going nude on my phone (minus my body glove case). Any thoughts and inputs on the matter since my screen film I would assume makes it slightly not as responsive.
    I would use protection cuz not only does it insure that u don't get scratches it also helps keep dust out imo

05-14-09 08:37 PM
    there is a video on youtube of some guy using different objects to try his hardest to scratch it with tip of a pocket knife, keys etc. no scracthes go naked
    05-14-09 10:07 PM
    Honestly, When I had PPC's I would always put screen protectors on them, simply because you are touching the screen with a stylus. However on a Storm you are using your finger, and unless you have sharp and/or long nails you have no need for a screen protector. I suppose it would also depend on your life style, meaning how you carry your phone. I carry my phone in my holster and try to use it with clean hands. However if you carry your phone in your pocket, purse, back pack etc. and dont have clean times at all times, the risk of scratches increases dramaticlly. If I were to buy a protector though it would not be from Verizon. I would go with boxwave, I used 2 of their protectors for two of my phones back in the Windows Mobile days.

here is a link

Storm 9530 Screen Protector / BlackBerry Storm 9530 Screen Protector / Storm 9530 Screen Cover / BlackBerry Storm 9530 Screen Cover / Storm 9530 Screen Film - ClearTouch Crystal
    05-14-09 10:31 PM
    there is a video on youtube of some guy using different objects to try his hardest to scratch it with tip of a pocket knife, keys etc. no scracthes go naked

I think this is the one. After buying two sets of screen protectors and not being able to get any of them one right, I just gave up. Watching the video above convinced me that I didn't need to worry about it.
    05-17-09 01:48 AM
    So my screen protector is getting to the point where it's filthy and i need to replace it. However I've heard that it really doesn't need one so I'm thinking of going nude on my phone (minus my body glove case). Any thoughts and inputs on the matter since my screen film I would assume makes it slightly not as responsive.

I had a screen protector for the first 3 days. I have a launch phone. I can take a picture of the screen if you wish. Looks just like my iPhone not a scratch or nick on it been in and out of my pocket with keys and everything for months now
    05-17-09 03:15 AM
    I like to go naked....... when it comes to the phone, I have a screen protector though....
    05-17-09 04:18 AM
    i got a screen protector and a incipio feather case on my storm
    05-17-09 05:03 AM
    I threw away like 19.95 on this invisishield when I first bought my storm thinking it would be great protection.
    After applying it following very detailed instructions, I discovered that I was duped...not only did the screen protector have a glossy and bumpy look to it, but the feel of my finger sliding on the screen wad compromised...it was much more sticky.
    I didn't realize how much better the screen was until I finely removed it after three months. Its like night and day.
    The screen feels like silk without a cover.
    It reminds me of when I was a young man and I got my first feel...
    You know the first feel was over the shirt and though it was good, it just couldn't compare to feeling them bare naked...I think that's the best comparison I can come up with about the difference between going naked and covering up.
    Naked is definitely the way it was meant to be.
    ENJOY THE NAKEDNESS MY FRIENDS!

Last edited by pbar41; 05-17-09 at 08:05 AM.
    05-17-09 08:01 AM
    When I got the phone, it came with a protector on it, and I bought the 3-pack from vz also.
    Unfortunately I'm ******** and in one day went through that entire 3-pack because I can't get them to go on without bubbles, and the process of putting them on and taking them off over and over gets the sticky part dirty and I had to throw them all away.
    So naked it is for me.
    You are not a ninja. I'm rockin the feather with verizon screen stickers. They are not this hard to put on. God cats are dumb!

05-17-09 08:51 AM
    Four months with no screen protector and the screen looks like new.

I have yet to see a screen protector over a couple of weeks old that didn't look like S*** from dirty edges and scratches so why bother with them. If the phone had a plastic screen that might change my mind but the scratch resistant glass on the Storm screen holds up great.
    You should see mine, almost three weeks and its spotless. I just wipe the screen daily with a micro-fiber cloth and my screen sticker is good. By the way I paint and finish furniture (a lot of sanding and spraying which equals mega sticky dust!)!

05-17-09 08:56 AM
    I just keep it in a pouch or a pocket with nothing else and it has been fine.
    05-17-09 11:10 AM
    I'm after dropping mine face down on a tile floor and the screen has yet to suffer a scratch. The body of the phone is not so fortunate.
    05-17-09 12:49 PM
    Totally naked here and not a scratch on it.
    05-17-09 01:07 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD