So my screen protector is getting to the point where it's filthy and i need to replace it. However I've heard that it really doesn't need one so I'm thinking of going nude on my phone (minus my body glove case). Any thoughts and inputs on the matter since my screen film I would assume makes it slightly not as responsive.
    05-14-09 12:33 PM
    Personally, i wouldn't go nude. I am not sure who said that you don't need a screen protector, but any screen; no matter how scratch resistant it is will scratch. I would get a screen protector at the very least to be on the safe side, but in the end it's your call.
    05-14-09 12:37 PM
    I just put a screen protector on mine from Verizon... hate it because of the smudges and finger print. I don't know if having it nude does the same thing. But I did order the Incipio Ultra Light Feather Case ... I can't wait to see what that feels like. I had the hardcase on and hated it, made the phone too heavy. But if I don't like either I'll go nude.
    the screen does have some badassed scratch resistant coating...but it's not impenetrable..i hear fine abrasives like sand grind it down somethin fierce..

I do run mine nekked, but i have problems with oil marks from finger smudges and stuff... i hear some protectors do a better job at minimizing those effects
    I don't use a screen protector on my Storm. It is so hard to scratch the screen on the Storm a svr
    Screen protector is not really needed. Besides it looks better without one!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 12:40 PM
    So my screen protector is getting to the point where it's filthy and i need to replace it. However I've heard that it really doesn't need one so I'm thinking of going nude on my phone (minus my body glove case). Any thoughts and inputs on the matter since my screen film I would assume makes it slightly not as responsive.
    I took my screen protector off on day one and don't have any scratches on my screen. Been dropped a few times so the outside of the phone has a few nicks and scratches, but the screen is spotless. I just make sure that nothing goes in the the pocket that I'm keeping the phone in. All keys, change, and everything goes in another pocket so that nothings constantly rubbing up against it. I think you'll be fine without one.
    05-14-09 12:53 PM
    I don't use a screen protector on my Storm. It is so hard to scratch the screen on the Storm a svr
    Screen protector is not really needed. Besides it looks better without one!!

Ditto, and I've been without one going on 3 months without a scratch
    05-14-09 12:58 PM
    I havent had a screen protector since i got my phone and still not one scratch on it. i have a side pouch holster thing tho. I run it NAKED.. lol :-)
    05-14-09 12:58 PM
    keep your clothes on. don't risk it!
    05-14-09 01:22 PM
    I use disinfected wipes every now and again... After I drain it out of course... Keeps me spotless in the nude... lol...

I say use protection if your filthy... If ur not nothing wrong with some Streaking!... Ha!
    05-14-09 01:28 PM
    I took mine off since the first day it came out. No scratches whatsoever. I dont have a protector of any kind or a case and I keep it in my pocket. I figure as long as I don't have sand or diamonds in my pocket, I will be alright.
    05-14-09 01:29 PM
    With as much money that we have spent on our storms... Why wouldn't you just drop another few bucks on a screen protector. IMO.

05-14-09 01:30 PM
    LOL frantick. that can go SOOOOOOO many ways. LOL. i only spent $99 bucks on mine and got one free. LOL
    05-14-09 01:33 PM
    Mine has been nude since December. Still scratch free. It does spend most of its time in a cush leather pouch of course

05-14-09 01:35 PM
    I would always use a screen protector. Even if you're really careful with your storm, it's still a touch screen so through general use you're bound to get a couple scratches on it and over time it will get dirtier. If you're thinking about reselling your storm at some point its definitely better to use one. Also if you use one, you can be less careful with it
    05-14-09 01:37 PM
    I have a screen protector on my storm. I have it just in case I am out and have too much refreshments.
    05-14-09 01:37 PM
    I just put a screen protector on mine from Verizon... hate it because of the smudges and finger print. I don't know if having it nude does the same thing. But I did order the Incipio Ultra Light Feather Case ... I can't wait to see what that feels like. I had the hardcase on and hated it, made the phone too heavy. But if I don't like either I'll go nude.
    The feather case for the storm is dope! Best case I have ever had! I too had the hard case made it way to bulky. The screen protectors are good too. Like most they tend to get dirty but are easy to clean. There a hard film so its not flimsy at all. Incipio is awesome
    Just lettin ya know!

05-14-09 02:40 PM
    Don't go nude! Everyone will see your willie!
    05-14-09 02:48 PM
    Don't go nude! Everyone will see your willie!
    LOL! Thats hilarious
    05-14-09 03:08 PM
    Pulled the screen protector off a week after I got it. Haven't had one on since. Going on its 6 month now and still looking good. I wouldn't use a protector on the Storm after not having one. It reacts so much better with out it. Smudges easier though.
    05-14-09 03:16 PM
    I have the protector from verizon. They ship three for ten bucks.
    I have not noticed any degraded responsiveness from the device compared to the week I carried it without a protector..
    It is barely noticeable visually and functionally and I never have to worry about keys or change in my pocket .

05-14-09 03:23 PM
    bare all the way. just doesnt feel the same.....
    05-14-09 03:27 PM
    I used to wrap my tool, but now I don't. It's amazing.

Just make sure you have a little cloth especially for screens to clean it
    05-14-09 04:04 PM
    Definitely prefer nude. I removed the factory protector the first day, then decided to try one of the verizon ones... that lasted about 2 days but I hated it. Less responsive and showed smudges and smear a lot more.

Been nude for a couple months now, not a scratch. (maybe a few funny looks from the neighbors...)
    05-14-09 05:09 PM
    When I got the phone, it came with a protector on it, and I bought the 3-pack from vz also.
    Unfortunately I'm ******** and in one day went through that entire 3-pack because I can't get them to go on without bubbles, and the process of putting them on and taking them off over and over gets the sticky part dirty and I had to throw them all away.
    So naked it is for me.
    05-14-09 05:16 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD