I got my STORM a couple of days ago and have ordered GA to protect it. There appears to be a screen protector already on the screen. Does the Storm come with one already installed? I assume I need to remove it before putting on the GA protection.
    11-29-08 06:33 PM
    I still have the original protector on and it seems to be working well for now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-08 06:34 PM
    The only screen protector is the one that shipped from the factory. It had a tab that exentended over the LED indicator, and you most likely removed it already. If so, you're good to go on the GA!
    11-29-08 06:35 PM
    I would take it off befor GA though cause you don't want it underneath

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-08 06:35 PM
    Mine came with one on it. Honestly, I would not have noticed it until I saw a small button appear a couple days after having it. I smoothed out the bubble and am still rocking it. I have the GA full body, but haven't put the screen protector on yet as the one it came with works quite nicely.
    11-29-08 06:39 PM
    The only screen protector is the one that shipped from the factory. It had a tab that exentended over the LED indicator, and you most likely removed it already. If so, you're good to go on the GA!
    No, this is incorrect.

The Storm (at least mine) shipped with two films covering the screen. One is easily visible and covers the bottom half of the screen. Under this there's a thin piece of plastic covering the entire screen. It's harder to see, and does not have a tab that covers the LED (joker was referring to another piece of plastic).

You should remove both films covering the screen before you apply GA.
    11-29-08 06:54 PM
    No, this is incorrect.

The Storm (at least mine) shipped with two films covering the screen. One is easily visible and covers the bottom half of the screen. Under this there's a thin piece of plastic covering the entire screen. It's harder to see, and does not have a tab that covers the LED (joker was referring to another piece of plastic).

You should remove both films covering the screen before you apply GA.
    Thanks, You're correct that there were protective films covering the screen and top and bottom portions of the storm ( EASILY SEEN AND REMOVED), and I have the screen protector that was on the screen when I got the STORM. If the GA protector is stronger I think I'll remove the original protector and install the GA instead.
    11-30-08 09:16 AM
    You bet your Hiney it's better!
    11-30-08 12:13 PM
    Can someone educate me as to what GA stands for please.
    12-05-08 11:57 AM
    GA = Ghost Armor
    IS = Invisible Shield
    12-05-08 11:59 AM
    Can someone educate me as to what GA stands for please.
    Ghost Armor, it's a clear protective....thing you put on your phone, same idea as BestSkinsEver, InvisibleShield, BodyGuardz and such.
    12-05-08 12:00 PM
    That was speedy. Thank you guys.
    12-05-08 12:03 PM
    I just ordered a GA for my Storm and when examining my screen noted that yes indeed there is a screen protector already installed.

When I get my GA I will install all parts except the screen. It already has one and will use this and save my GA screen protector. Any hard reason to do otherwise? Welcome all remarks
    12-05-08 05:58 PM
    The factory installed one is, as you will see if you eventually remove it, a ridiculously thin and flimsy piece of plastic film. I don't know how scratch-resistant it is, but if I were a betting man I'd wager that it is nowhere near as protective as the Ghost Armor (or any other such protector) would be. That and it smudges up really easily.
    12-05-08 06:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD