Fingerprints bother me and I'm a little OCD about it. I've tried several screen protectors, and none seem to work like the one on my ipod touch, so I decided to stop by the Apple store and buy one of the Power Support anti-glare matte finish screen protectors. I bought the one for the 3G and used an old screen protector from Verizon as a template. Then I used a sharpy to mark off where I was cutting.

No more fingerprint problems and the material helps with touchscreen response too!
    01-12-09 12:41 PM
    Good to hear! I was actually considering doing that exact thing. Does it kill the quality of the screen (Brightness, overall sharpness of it) ? A friend of mine has the iphone and put this protector on. It feels great and smooth, no finger smudges, but the quality is noticably dimmed. How does it look on the Storm?
    01-12-09 01:02 PM
    It looks great! There are two versions of the screen protector. Get the one that isn't the privacy protector, and your screen brightness/clarity won't be affected.
    01-12-09 01:31 PM
    Got pictures?
    01-14-09 09:12 AM
    Have you tried the BSE??? I love it and have it installed on several devices.

RIM Blackberry Storm 9500, 9530
    01-14-09 09:18 AM
    Fingerprints bother me and I'm a little OCD about it. I've tried several screen protectors, and none seem to work like the one on my ipod touch, so I decided to stop by the Apple store and buy one of the Power Support anti-glare matte finish screen protectors. I bought the one for the 3G and used an old screen protector from Verizon as a template. Then I used a sharpy to mark off where I was cutting.

No more fingerprint problems and the material helps with touchscreen response too!
    What's the price?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 10:29 AM
    I'd like to see pictures too. I agree that that screen protector is way cool because I use that one on my ipod touch, but I have "bubble issues" that I dont mind having on my ipod, but would totally be unacceptable on my storm!
    01-14-09 10:35 AM
    I use an iPod protector, cut down too. Mine are the cheap ones from Walmart made by Griffin. They are the static cling kind.
    01-14-09 10:40 AM
    Has anyone tried the ones that are reflective when turned off and then when you turn on the phone the screen comes through clear as day? Say this on the iPhone 3g and was thinking about putting one on my storm.
    01-14-09 11:29 AM
    What's the price?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    $14.95

Power Support Anti-Glare Film Set for iPhone 3G - Apple Store (U.S.)

01-14-09 11:37 AM
    01-14-09 11:56 AM
    I use "Bodygardz".... not cheap but really protect the WHOLE phone. Requires a little time to get on but using the liquid they give you with it makes bubbles a thing of the past.... use on my iPod Touch and Storm... $24.95 for two complete sets. If you just want the screen it's $14.95 for two.... The body set gives a nice grip even tho they are clear.
    01-14-09 12:14 PM
    Thanks for de info on bodygards... ordered today.
    01-14-09 12:34 PM
    I just got my boxwave anti-glare film made for the Storm and it works great. fits nicely, and stops the smudging!

BoxWave Accessories - iPhone, Blackberry, Treo, HTC Cases, Batteries, Chargers & More
    01-14-09 12:55 PM
    Bigslam123, that's the exact one I purchased - I can post a pic of it when I get home with my dslr.
    01-14-09 02:53 PM
    My favorites are the Invisible Shield protectors from Zagg. Indestructable, with a lifetime guarantee. $25 for a body set, $15 for just the screen for most models.

Hope that's helpful.

Rob
    01-14-09 03:21 PM
    I have that same exact thing on my iPod Touch and its great for fingerprints. I saw these for the storm. They say anti-glare and they're cheap at $9 for 6 of them.

(Apparently I can't post a URL yet because I don't have 10 posts. Go to fommy.com and search for "Anti-Glare Screen Protectors for BlackBerry Storm 9530 For BlackBerry Storm 9530")
    01-15-09 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD