After locking my phone, it does not respond to screen presses or convenience key presses. The screen only wakes with one of the bottom 4 buttons or the lock key at the top. Is anyone else experiencing this?
    06-01-09 12:05 AM
    yes, this is an "enhancement"...
    06-01-09 12:06 AM
    Yes its been well documented. Since the .113 leak. They changed it to help conserve battery life.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 12:07 AM
    if it let's my battery last more than a day, I'll be pleased.
    06-01-09 12:13 AM
    After locking my phone, it does not respond to screen presses or convenience key presses. The screen only wakes with one of the bottom 4 buttons or the lock key at the top. Is anyone else experiencing this?
    Wow was this necessary to post? All of the leaked OS's have been this way and has been posted before. Use the search function and don't crowd the forum.

06-01-09 12:25 AM
    Wow was this necessary to post? All of the leaked OS's have been this way and has been posted before. Use the search function and don't crowd the forum.

Hi whiteGold,

Just because you and a lot of us have been running hybrids/leaks, it does not give you the right to "assume" or act rudely to another member regarding this issue. To this person, it is a "new" enhancement. Sometimes, we as humans like to ask questions before doing our "research"

Step down from the pedestal, Sir/Mad'am :-)
    06-01-09 12:28 AM
    isn't responding to a post crowding just as much as the original post?
    06-01-09 03:16 AM
    isn't responding to a post crowding just as much as the original post?
    So simple, yet...so profound!
    06-01-09 03:23 AM
    yes, this is an "enhancement"...
    It can be argued either way, as a downgrade or an upgrade.
    06-01-09 03:42 AM
    Hi whiteGold,

Just because you and a lot of us have been running hybrids/leaks, it does not give you the right to "assume" or act rudely to another member regarding this issue. To this person, it is a "new" enhancement. Sometimes, we as humans like to ask questions before doing our "research"

Step down from the pedestal, Sir/Mad'am :-)
    +1!

10char...
    06-01-09 03:42 AM
    It can be argued either way, as a downgrade or an upgrade.
    If you hit the escape button rather than the screen it will light up... so you can see the time/messages, etc.

the escape key requires more pressure and is way smaller than screen so it wont have the same effect on the battery...
    06-01-09 03:44 AM

For your information, I searched "screen presses don't wake device" and the only seemingly promising result was a thread about leak .85 which has almost 1,900 posts. If you'd like to sort through them, be my guest. Either way, get off your high horse; the lack of oxygen up there is screwing with your brain.
    06-02-09 04:16 PM
    Don't crowd the forum ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
    Like it matters!!!
    Anyway it took some getting used to at first but now I like tha battery saving idea.

06-02-09 04:22 PM
    To the Original Publisher of this post

Thanks for asking this question and getting it cleared up... I had experienced the same thing and I was wondering if I was the only person having this issue

To the Sophists:

Who find it their god deemed right Police Crackberry.com and insult people randomly for asking legitimate questions, but don’t have all the free time in the world.

Isn’t it ironic that you might add to a post saying that the post is stupid, mundane or redundant… Rather than just ignoring it, thus letting it fade from your memory that much quicker. By your own acts you deemed it worthy, regardless of what you think.

OR

In plain English

[SIZE="6"]IF YOU DON’T LIKE THE SUBJECT… DON’T CLICK THE FRAGGING BUTTON.

Have a blessed day
    Last edited by quojo; 06-02-09 at 06:13 PM.
    06-02-09 06:06 PM
    My thanks to "Cpels7" as well. You took a bullet for us.
    06-02-09 06:23 PM
    I love how 7 out of 10 threads posted on this site end up venturing off subject.

06-02-09 06:32 PM
    I love how 7 out of 10 threads posted on this site end up venturing off subject.
    7/10? Ha! An optimist!
    06-02-09 07:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD