Hey guys,

i went into a phone shop the other day, to check something out. My attention was attracted by the 9520 on display... i wanted to see what firmware version it had compared to my 9520 (just something trivial while i waited)

HOWEVER!!! to my amazement, the 9520 (fully functional phone) that the store had, was a lot nicer to press on the screen. I mean, when i need to press my screen, the screen moves down a lot more than this phone on display. and the difference is quite apparent.

Is there anyway to make the screen depression variable, maybe by tightening screws? if so, what screws??

thanks all!
    07-16-10 02:44 AM
    Yes you are right the screen can be adjusted by adjusting the screws. When you open the back cover, you will see 2 screws. Tighten/loosen the one without the warranty sticker on it. Be sure to note how many turns you have made and do it slowly like 1/4 turn, then 1/2 turn etc. Patience is the key. You might also want to adjust the screw with the warranty sticker on it but i suggest that you carefully remove the sticker with a pin or something and put it back once you're done with the adjusting. I can't stress this enough if you want your storm 2 to click perfectly you need patience to adjust the 2 screws using a Torx screwdriver (size T6). Hope this helps!
    07-17-10 05:00 AM
    Yes you are right the screen can be adjusted by adjusting the screws. When you open the back cover, you will see 2 screws. Tighten/loosen the one without the warranty sticker on it. Be sure to note how many turns you have made and do it slowly like 1/4 turn, then 1/2 turn etc. Patience is the key. You might also want to adjust the screw with the warranty sticker on it but i suggest that you carefully remove the sticker with a pin or something and put it back once you're done with the adjusting. I can't stress this enough if you want your storm 2 to click perfectly you need patience to adjust the 2 screws using a Torx screwdriver (size T6). Hope this helps!
    Thanks dude. I tried it..... But they seem to be at maximum tightness.
    Are you sure its just those 2 screws?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-10 07:24 AM
    Yes im pretty sure it's just those 2 screws. From wad i see you want to actually tighten the screen so that it doesn't depress so much.. As wierd as it may seem, tightening the screws to the max doesn't actually mean the screen will be at its maximum tightness. Take mine for example.. When the screen is face down on the table, the left screw of mine is about 1/2 turn to max tightness while the right screw is about 1/8 turn to max tightness. Like i said earlier you gotta tighten and loosen with great patience until you find the "perfect fit".
    07-17-10 10:36 PM
    You think those screws could be what causes the screen to not be flush for some folks?

07-18-10 12:09 AM
    A great patience indeed! Lol

I'm still getting to grips with it!

Thanks for your help

07-20-10 03:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD