Hi...I'm a little new to blackberry updates, this is only my second one on my storm, but after this update i've noticed that my screen won't get as bright as it did with the 4.7 OS. it changes a little from each level of brightness, but the 100 level isn't even as bright as the 70 level was on 4.7. anyone else having this problem or know of a fix??
    10-26-09 12:11 AM
    Does it really need to be any brighter than 50? I mean, 10 is fine for me... great battery and the screen dimming issue is almost unnoticed.
    10-26-09 12:13 AM
    it's really not bright at all, and it kind of hurts my eyes to look at it...anyone having the same problem?
    10-26-09 12:17 AM
    it's really not bright at all, and it kind of hurts my eyes to look at it...anyone having the same problem?
    Yep...same problem here.

Does it really need to be any brighter than 50?
    Obviously, yes...or else we wouldn't be looking for a fix.

I hadn't really noticed how dim it was until I got to work. I used to be able read an email with it lying flat on my desk, off to the side. Now, I have to tilt it up and bring it closer. Even then, it still seems a bit dim.
    11-03-09 08:01 AM
    Is it dim only in landscape or portrait and landscape? Mine is fine in portrait but, is very slow to brighten in landscape. Try this....turn to portrait, touch/click screen to brighten, while touching screen turn back to landscape. This works on mine. Seems to be a .328 bug, there have been several threads about screen dimming.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 10:32 AM
    Is it dim only in landscape or portrait and landscape? Mine is fine in portrait but, is very slow to brighten in landscape. Try this....turn to portrait, touch/click screen to brighten, while touching screen turn back to landscape. This works on mine. Seems to be a .328 bug, there have been several threads about screen dimming.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    For me at least, it's not a "getting dim" issue, as a "never getting bright" issue. It's full, 100% on mode looks about like my old dim, and dim is a step down from there. Same in either portrait or landscape.
    11-03-09 10:40 AM
    Does it really need to be any brighter than 50? I mean, 10 is fine for me... great battery and the screen dimming issue is almost unnoticed.
    Don't you mean 10, not 50?
    11-03-09 11:27 AM
    this is a known issue with .328...rim knows about it and will hopefully fix this bug in the next leak...as for now there is NO fix
    11-03-09 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD