I've had my Storm 9520 since the end of October and I'd had no problems with it until Saturday when the screen stopped clicking. The phone still all works as normal but there's no 'give' in the screen at all - all you get (depending on where you attempt to click) is a slight squeak.

I've power cycled the phone and pulled the battery out but that's made no difference. Anything else I can try or is it simply going to need to be returned?

Thanks.
    12-14-09 08:55 AM
    Sounds like a hardware problem. I would try to wipe the os and reload. I don't think it will help but its worth a try. Other than that, call your carrier and have them send you another.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-09 09:29 AM
    if its a hardware problem, how would reloading the OS help? On the contrary, if he cannot click, reloading the OS will cause more problems as he will not be able to click on confirmation messages...

please take it in and have it replaced...
    12-14-09 09:36 AM
    That's the new iphone setting, LOL. Yea take it into the shop.
    12-14-09 09:41 AM
    if its a hardware problem, how would reloading the OS help? On the contrary, if he cannot click, reloading the OS will cause more problems as he will not be able to click on confirmation messages...

please take it in and have it replaced...
    He said everything else works as normal, which would tell me that he can still use the phone , just not click
    12-14-09 09:42 AM
    He said everything else works as normal, which would tell me that he can still use the phone , just not click
    true but reloading the OS isn't going to help him if he can't click to confirm the initial loader messages and what not...if it's working fine otherwise and just not clicking, looks like its hardware and nothing he can do except replace it...
    12-14-09 09:45 AM
    Take that baby back to the shop

12-14-09 09:46 AM
    Thanks for the replies. I assumed I would just need to send it back but thought it was worth checking in case this had come up before.

And yes, I can use the phone completely as normal it's just the physical clicking isn't there (the iPhone setting as white2003 said). It would be quite nice if there was an option to turn the mechanical clicking off and on but on balance I do prefer the extra physical feedback you get. It just doesn't feel quite right without it!
    12-14-09 09:59 AM
    And just like that it's working properly again. Who knows....
    12-16-09 01:43 AM
    My brother had that happen with his storm two lol he hit it to fix it and sure enough, it worked

12-16-09 02:04 AM
    And just like that it's working properly again. Who knows....
    if it's still within its 30 day period, I would get it changed out...just to be safe...it could happen randomly again (hopefully not but with these things, you never know!).
    12-16-09 09:44 AM
    if it's still within its 30 day period, I would get it changed out...just to be safe...it could happen randomly again (hopefully not but with these things, you never know!).
    Unfortunately I've had it for 6 weeks or so, so it would have to go back for repair.

The screen seized up again yesterday lunchtime but as was suggested, a slight tap gets it working again. In a way that's worse - there's presumably a problem with the phone but I just know that if I send it back the engineer will find it working fine and simply return it saying there's nothing wrong.

I guess I'll just see how it goes.
    12-17-09 04:45 AM
    I don't know how it is in the uk but I ask verizon if they would cover that and they said the blackberrys come with one year warranties. And I would imagine that that would be covered.

12-17-09 07:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD