Is the screen suppose to slide loosely move side?
    11-21-08 05:51 PM
    Ya I asked this in the morning and it is supposed to be this way.
    11-21-08 05:53 PM
    i noticed this on mine as well.

it seems to wiggle just a bit.
    11-21-08 11:11 PM
    Ya I asked this in the morning and it is supposed to be this way.
    I was told the same thing. Since the screen gets poked and prodded alot, the loose screen acts as a "shock absorber". I hope the VZ rep wasn't yanking my chain!
    11-21-08 11:51 PM
    Mine moves quite a bit. You can hear it knocking into the sides of the device. Its a bit unsettling. Even swiping my finger up and down on the screen causes it to knock into the top and bottom loud enough to hear it.
    11-22-08 12:47 PM
    It's a button, a big button, so it requires some space. It doesn't move unless you push it hard... so stop doing that.
    Also, put a screen protector on, it reduces the friction.
    11-22-08 12:52 PM
    I was using it with the plastic that came on the screen. Maybe that causes more friction.

I remember the movement being less on devices I tried in the store. I don't remember hearing the screen move around when I shook store devices but I do with mine (like an iPhone shake, not violently). Its just a it unsettling to hear that.

Going to buy screen protectors today to replace what it was shipped with (I know that isn't a real screen protector).
    11-22-08 01:08 PM
    Mine only moves when I want it too. If I am using it normally then there is no movement. If I hold down on if firmly it will wiggle. If yours has a lot of movement with nomal use then there may be an issue with your unit.
    11-22-08 01:17 PM
    I dont believe that bull**** they try to tell us that its a big button and it needs the space to move, because My friend put a little strip on the top to hold the screen from not moving around and it still clicks perfectly...
    11-22-08 01:43 PM
    I dont believe that bull**** they try to tell us that its a big button and it needs the space to move, because My friend put a little strip on the top to hold the screen from not moving around and it still clicks perfectly...
    What did your friend use to put it in there?
    02-01-09 03:20 AM
    Of our three Storms, one had more movement than the other two, more light escaping around the edges and the little if any clicking around the outside of the screen area. VZ replaced the phone for the lack of clicking and an undercut screen size. QC they indicated. Replacement is more like the other two yet the clicking is actually different/better. More consistent in feel across the entire screen yet not the harder click. Difficult for me to explain but it seem better than the other two.
    02-01-09 04:00 AM
    search for "wobble". Plenty of discussions.

It should move, but not excessively. I had one that the screen would rattle if you shook it - that is not "acceptable".
    02-01-09 08:59 AM
    Mine wobbles. It's normal.
    02-01-09 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD