I just got my blackberry today, and well the screen moves to the left/right/up/down very, very slightly. I believe this is normal, but I just wanted to double check.

Also, does anyone know how to get the phone volume icon in the upper left of the home screen to go away?
    12-05-08 12:18 AM
    Does the same on mine. Volume icon on the upper left is how you change your sound profiles. Click it to select the profile you desire.
    12-05-08 12:19 AM
    Okay thanks - It seemed normal, but I wanted to make sure.

Is there anyway to move/delete the sound profile icon from the home screen/upper left?
    12-05-08 12:23 AM
    Its part of the theme. So, nope... can't be removed.
    12-05-08 12:25 AM
    I just got my blackberry today, and well the screen moves to the left/right/up/down very, very slightly. I believe this is normal, but I just wanted to double check.

Also, does anyone know how to get the phone volume icon in the upper left of the home screen to go away?
    noticed the screen movement the day i got the storm...seemed to me that it wasnt normal, so I compared it to my brothers' (he had bought one the same day) and his didnt move nearly as much as mine did. I mean its so bad that when I give it a little shake I can hear the screen jostle inside its frame so I called vzw and they sent me a brand new one that should be here tomorow
    12-05-08 12:30 AM
    Mine does the same thing. But i have had no other problems with mine. Screen clicks well and overall the phone works well on .65. Im thinking about getting a replacment but i dont want the replacement to be worse than the one i have now. dont know what to do.
    12-05-08 01:35 AM
    they all do it. end of story.
    12-05-08 08:24 AM
    My first storm the screen was tight but the left side you had to push really hard for the touchscreen to work. So I got a replacement and the screen is loose but the touch screen works unbelievable. I am concerned it should not be that loose though. I may have to get another replacement. Any advice.
    12-15-08 06:26 PM
    they all do it. end of story.
    Not quite. I work for a certain company that troubleshoots and educates bb's for business customers, specifically the 9530. My third replacement has this issue. I have administered email setup on over 100 customers handsets, and I have only seen this issue once before. So no, this is not normal, it is a manufacturing defect. If you shake your handset and you can hear the screen clattering then it is considered defective hardware.
    12-22-08 07:00 PM
    i never noticed my screen moved until i applied the full body sheild, while wiping it flat to screen i noticed it and everyday since. its fine i guess as long as it dosen't fall off
    12-22-08 07:24 PM
    Mine moves as well not bad but moves
    12-22-08 07:38 PM
    mine didnt move at all until the 2nd week...it move slightly then and now it moves even more. however not enough for me to send it back for this reason alone.
    12-23-08 10:17 AM
    I have also noticed shaking the phone makes the screen rattle back and fourth.

Not having any issues with the click though, so I don't worry about it
    12-23-08 10:42 AM
    To everyone: I can see that if you jiggle the phone and it is just sliding all over the place then that is a problem. But how do you expect the screen to click and maneuver if it doesn't move a little bit?
    12-23-08 10:53 AM
    i think they all have a bit of movement. it seems some have more than others.
    12-23-08 10:55 AM
    My first one had a lot of movement, my second one is minimal. The first one was made in Mexico and second made in Canada, not sure if that has any correlation.
    12-23-08 10:59 AM
    12-23-08 11:00 AM
    my screen moves a little bit but it doesnt make a sound when i shake it. i really only notice it if im typing from across a table or something at a weird angle and it moves back and forth.
    02-09-09 03:18 AM
    Of our original three Storms, one had an undercut screen which moved much more than the other two, had more light passing by the perimeter and did not have much click along the perimeter. VZ replaced it no questions asked and the replacement has the nicest clicking of all...
    02-09-09 06:11 AM
    My first Storm was defective, the screen was loose and it didn't click or work around the perimeter. I could also see yellow down by the keys. The new one doesn't move when I shake it ever so gently.
    02-09-09 09:38 AM
    should i get a new storm? I notice the screen moves and rattles a little when i shake it. I haven't really noticed any problems with the screen and clicking. How long do I have for Verizon to replace it and do I just go in and tell them the screen is rattling and it is under warranty?
    02-10-09 04:13 PM
    should i get a new storm? I notice the screen moves and rattles a little when i shake it. I haven't really noticed any problems with the screen and clicking. How long do I have for Verizon to replace it and do I just go in and tell them the screen is rattling and it is under warranty?
    I like to think of my Storm as an icon of Storm hardware. The screen is tight, uniform, and very responsive, with an appropriate gap and appropriate amount of screen wobble (BOTH OF THESE ARE NECESSARY DESIGN ASPECTS, THE SCREEN WOULD NOT CLICK WITHOUT THEM). It clicks like a dream.

When I shake my Storm (I did it just for you!), the screen doesn't really rattle. You can hear a bit of a click as it shifts, but nothing I would call a "rattle". So if your screen is very loose, non-responsive, etc., I would exchange your Storm now and hope you get one like mine. You have 30 days from the date of purchase to exchange.
    02-10-09 04:19 PM
    It is a floating screen....its supposed to move....if the screen doesn't fall off I woudn't worry about it...now if the screen does fall off I would get a replacement. And as my father would say......if it hurts(rattles) when you do that DON'T do that

02-10-09 04:25 PM
    take a sticky note of paper and fold it twice over, making 4 sections, rip a little bit of it off and put it under your better. you'll be amazing how much more responsive the screen is.
    02-10-09 05:15 PM
    take a sticky note of paper and fold it twice over, making 4 sections, rip a little bit of it off and put it under your better. you'll be amazing how much more responsive the screen is.
    Did you mean battery or battery cover?
    02-10-09 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD