Hey Storm2-Lovers!

I don't know if you sometimes have this problem but my BlackBerry Storm2's screen sometimes locks up and I have to click/press it very hard to get a response. But when I have to press it that hard, it does not react to my click and just closes the open screen.

Now after a lot of trying I found out a cure:

1. When your screen is locked up, unlock the device from the keylock with the top left button

2. Try to go to the Main Screen (Home Screen)

3. Now, swipe with a slight push your Thumb/Finger between these two buttons until you hear a lot of clicking.

4. The screen should now be un-locked-up.

This has worked for me every time the screen locked up. Let me know if it works for you aswell!

Have a great day!
    -Fabian
    12-03-09 06:01 AM
    Fabian, Thanks for the fix. I haven't had this lockup issue, but I know others have.

And by the way, you have very small fingers for your keyboard
    12-03-09 08:30 AM
    Seems to work.... Only for a few seconds for me though lol
    12-03-09 11:42 AM
    Worked for me thanks!
    12-03-09 11:55 AM
    Reminds me of our microwave oven at the office that has the 7 button stuck on the keypad membrane. You go to use it and the time is 77:77 and you have to clear it out before punching in the amount of time you want. And then sometimes, none of the other buttons on the membrane will work. But if I rub my finger on the 7 button a bit, it heats up and releases itself so that the rest of the membrane is then available.
    12-03-09 12:03 PM
    When my screen locks up, I find that wiping it off with something usually helps too. Next time though I'll try this and see if that helps
    12-03-09 12:05 PM
    When my screen locks up, I find that wiping it off with something usually helps too. Next time though I'll try this and see if that helps
    Since I found this methode I have fun again using my Storm2.
    12-04-09 03:46 AM
    So the question is is this a hardware of software issue?
    My 'send' and 'end' buttons always seem to lock up for no reason..
    I will thy this solution when it reoccurs.
    12-10-09 01:07 PM
    It is a software issue, thats the weird thing!
    12-10-09 01:47 PM
    thx for the tip i might use it
    12-11-09 04:25 AM
    Did it work for anyone already?
    12-18-09 10:04 AM
    since .428 dropped I dnt think too many have had issues with screen lock ups.
    12-18-09 10:35 AM
    Folks, I'm one of the lackies that fixes this fault (screens and/or bottom row of buttons locks seemingly at random, often can't answer or end calls). It's not a FAULT - just a very minor adjustment you can do right at home (and it doesn't void your warranty - it's not even slightly naughty...)

Here's how we do it. Save yourself the 2 week wait, and save us the work...

Take the back off your Storm 2. Below the battery you'll see a small Allan Key screw (a hexagonal indented head) on each side. The one on the right is covered with a little white label - DON'T TOUCH THAT (it'll void your warranty).

But get a small (1mm) Allan Key or a really small jeweller's screwdriver that just fits into the hexagonal hole, and give it a HALF A TURN anti-clockwise. Now you're FIXED.

The problem, for those that are interested, is that those screws hold the touchscreen in place and, if overtightened (as are many of the handsets assembled in either Mexico or Hungary), they stop the little screen-lock actuators from sliding back and forth smoothly, so they often get stuck. Loosening that screw allows them to work without resistance, so the screen no longer locks by mistake. Easy, huh?
    PossumPete likes this.
    01-25-10 12:16 PM
    This is awesome man thanks a lot

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-10 01:19 PM
    Folks, I'm one of the lackies that fixes this fault (screens and/or bottom row of buttons locks seemingly at random, often can't answer or end calls). It's not a FAULT - just a very minor adjustment you can do right at home (and it doesn't void your warranty - it's not even slightly naughty...)

Here's how we do it. Save yourself the 2 week wait, and save us the work...

Take the back off your Storm 2. Below the battery you'll see a small Allan Key screw (a hexagonal indented head) on each side. The one on the right is covered with a little white label - DON'T TOUCH THAT (it'll void your warranty).

But get a small (1mm) Allan Key or a really small jeweller's screwdriver that just fits into the hexagonal hole, and give it a HALF A TURN anti-clockwise. Now you're FIXED.

The problem, for those that are interested, is that those screws hold the touchscreen in place and, if overtightened (as are many of the handsets assembled in either Mexico or Hungary), they stop the little screen-lock actuators from sliding back and forth smoothly, so they often get stuck. Loosening that screw allows them to work without resistance, so the screen no longer locks by mistake. Easy, huh?
    And what if I already touched it? And removed it? You know...hypothetically...yeah, that's it...hypothetically
    01-25-10 06:39 PM
    mine hasn't done this much since 428 but i'll keep it in mind
    01-25-10 06:44 PM
    Awesome having to make a state of the art phone work right. So dumb rim. MAKE the darn thing work out of the box.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-10 07:48 PM
    Awsome... !! this fix fixed a little multiclick issue i had in bottom right corner !!! :O
    01-25-10 08:27 PM
    Guys I am new to BB world,just bought STORM2 and my screen locks every now and than (maybe once a day). Pi%%es you off when you want to make an urgent call.
    so what s the best solution to solve it?

Did the tweaking of screws solve it?
    12-09-10 12:52 PM
    Guys I am new to BB world,just bought STORM2 and my screen locks every now and than (maybe once a day). Pi%%es you off when you want to make an urgent call.
    so what s the best solution to solve it?

Did the tweaking of screws solve it?
    There are many solutions but i have to say tweaking the tightness of both screws is the best solution to solve the screen issue. Remember patience is key i took weeks to find the "perfect fit" and ever since my screen has been working like a champ.
    12-10-10 12:12 PM
    Most of the time, when my Storm2 locks up, I press and hold the green button (bottom left) and it unlocks.

When this fails, I'll try the method in the OP before I attempt a battery pull.
    Tks
    Good Luck

Nevermind,
    Just realize you guys are talking about screen lockup and not device lockup.
    Good Luck
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 12-10-10 at 12:34 PM.
    12-10-10 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD