The application MUST have access to the Phone in order to receive call connect/hangup events. That's the key to how it works.

It does not EVER under any circumstances use the network.
    IF what you just said *is* true, then WHY on earth when I set the network, bluetooth, USB, or bascially any connections to either prompt OR deny I get a fatal exception, and from within the applications menu via option>advanced options....it says my phone will either reboot in 2 minutes OR to do it manually?????

Then the app does not work thereafter?

oh, and also while the slide 2 unlock screen is showing during a call, I can still hit the disconnect call button???
    12-22-08 03:37 PM
    it is under device memory, then when you see user, highlight it, and click select into, and that should put it in that user folder
    I'm having the same problem. I can see Device Memory and Media Card but when i try to expand device memory there is nothing there. Is there an option that has to be selected to see that?
    12-22-08 05:33 PM
    Nevermind, just got it. Great APP!
    12-22-08 05:39 PM
    Seems to work well. It's a little slow coming off of the lock during a phone call. I hope that gets fixed in the final release. Thanks for posting!
    12-22-08 06:08 PM
    IF what you just said *is* true, then WHY on earth when I set the network, bluetooth, USB, or bascially any connections to either prompt OR deny I get a fatal exception, and from within the applications menu via option>advanced options....it says my phone will either reboot in 2 minutes OR to do it manually?????

Then the app does not work thereafter?

oh, and also while the slide 2 unlock screen is showing during a call, I can still hit the disconnect call button???
    I cannot reproduce your problem. Specifically, with the 4.7.0.75 OS, I run with Connection permissions set to:

Phone: Allow
    All others (USB, Bluetooth, Location Data, Inernet): Deny

Even if I set Phone to deny, I do not see a fatal exception. You DO have to reboot if you "downgrade" the permissions for the application, that's standard RIM behavior.

As for the disconnect call button, I assume you are talking about the physical button below the screen? If so, that is correct and by design; this application locks the touch screen, it does not alter the behavior of the physical buttons on the phone.

Can you provide more information about your device OS, applications installed, and the exact procedure you go through that results in an exception being thrown.
    12-22-08 06:35 PM
    I'm having the same problem. I can see Device Memory and Media Card but when i try to expand device memory there is nothing there. Is there an option that has to be selected to see that?
    I had the same problem... the solution appears to be to use DM. Plug in your storm, start the media center, once it connects I get two autonotifications (pop ups) for each BB: device and media card. Use the option in either one of those to open with windows explorer. With DM/media center running I could then see the subfolders.
    12-22-08 06:53 PM
    New to BB (came from a Treo 700p) and love the Storm. I don't have a huge issue with my cheek hitting the screen but it has happened and would love a lock feature. However, adding 3rd party apps can be problematic.

What are the chances BB might incluse a similar feature in an update? I'd much prefer a BB native "fix" than a 3rd party overlay.
    12-22-08 08:18 PM
    The mac is never the problem...
    Yo, thanks for this .png Bisco... I like the pic.

Dude, is your avatar supposed to be Triumph?
    12-22-08 10:51 PM
    Is there a way to instal the program and then easily enable or disable it? For instance the program AutoLock has this feature in options>autolock. I can then pick disable or enable. It would be great to implement a similar feature for TalkLock. I keep my storm in a holster and use a bluetooth most of the time, so I don't need TalkLock on most days - I'd rather not have it running if I don't need it. But, when I go skiing (or in the summer biking), I have the Storm loose in my pocket and will then be worried about erroneous screen clicking, either with a wired heaset into my helmet or with my ear. So, it would be great to be able to quickly activate it before heading out on those days. Any chance this capability is already there and I'm just not seeing it? If not, any chance of developing this in the future?
    I would also ask that the slider "spring back" if not pushed all the way over to avoid the creeping slider syndrome...

Thank you for this great app!
    12-23-08 11:50 AM
    Is there a way to instal the program and then easily enable or disable it? For instance the program AutoLock has this feature in options>autolock. I can then pick disable or enable. It would be great to implement a similar feature for TalkLock. I keep my storm in a holster and use a bluetooth most of the time, so I don't need TalkLock on most days - I'd rather not have it running if I don't need it. But, when I go skiing (or in the summer biking), I have the Storm loose in my pocket and will then be worried about erroneous screen clicking, either with a wired heaset into my helmet or with my ear. So, it would be great to be able to quickly activate it before heading out on those days. Any chance this capability is already there and I'm just not seeing it? If not, any chance of developing this in the future?
    I would also ask that the slider "spring back" if not pushed all the way over to avoid the creeping slider syndrome...

Thank you for this great app!
    I have both autolock and talklock installed and running...unless I am flawed, they have distinctly different functions.

Autolock locks the phone after the backlight goes out and will not light up upon the screen being pressed and will be unlocked once the unlock button is pressed.

Talklock locks the phone after a phone call is made and is unlocked after a sliding motion is made on the screen.

I guess I don't understand your question/problem...

If you are trying to turn off talklock, it doens't appear to allow for that.
    12-23-08 12:19 PM
    Thank you to all who have posted on this thread. It only took me 2.5 hours to change the background. BUT I DID IT.

Tip from a new blackberry addict.....take the time to fool around with your phone. Its the only way you will get to know its powers.
    12-23-08 04:02 PM
    Tip from a new blackberry addict.....take the time to fool around with your phone. Its the only way you will get to know its powers.
    + 1.

I wish every new BB owner would heed your words of advice.
    12-23-08 04:17 PM
    I have both autolock and talklock installed and running...unless I am flawed, they have distinctly different functions.

Autolock locks the phone after the backlight goes out and will not light up upon the screen being pressed and will be unlocked once the unlock button is pressed.

Talklock locks the phone after a phone call is made and is unlocked after a sliding motion is made on the screen.

I guess I don't understand your question/problem...

If you are trying to turn off talklock, it doens't appear to allow for that.
    Yes, I know they have two distinctly different functions - that's why I have both! I brought up AutoLock to demonstrate the functionality of being able to instal it but deactivate it except for the few times I actually need it. That is what I was asking regarding talklock - can it be turned off (but left installed) and then easily turned on when needed. Thank you for confirming that it can't be done....hopefully that will be part of any future versions.
    12-23-08 04:25 PM
    Yes, I know they have two distinctly different functions - that's why I have both! I brought up AutoLock to demonstrate the functionality of being able to instal it but deactivate it except for the few times I actually need it. That is what I was asking regarding talklock - can it be turned off (but left installed) and then easily turned on when needed. Thank you for confirming that it can't be done....hopefully that will be part of any future versions.
    Good idea, we will add that feature soon. A memory leak has been reported in another thread, so we're going to release a new build to fix that today. This build will also change the slider to snap back to the begining if you do not unlock the screen in one swipe. Other features will have to wait a few days due to the memory leak.
    12-24-08 06:25 AM
    I never got this. What was the issue with Screen Lock in the first place?

Ahh, just did some reading on that program. I never considered the possibility that such a thing could be a problem. It has never messed with me before, but it's good to know that in the event that it does become a problem, I already have a solution.
    Last edited by Optimusv2; 12-24-08 at 06:35 AM.
    12-24-08 06:31 AM
    Good idea, we will add that feature soon. A memory leak has been reported in another thread, so we're going to release a new build to fix that today. This build will also change the slider to snap back to the begining if you do not unlock the screen in one swipe. Other features will have to wait a few days due to the memory leak.
    Just thought I would add that if you have a password but enable outgoing calls without prompt for the password then if the device is locked the screen lock does not seem to be there if you make a call.

Question: If you used the web site and supplied your email for the link to download will you get a notice that a new beta is available?

Thanks and Great app by the way!
    12-24-08 07:02 AM
    Is the new memory leak free version available already? Where can I get it?
    12-24-08 08:42 AM
    Awesome, thats why I was reading through this thread. Was just on a 30 minute call and part way through looked at the screen and saw it had unlocked. I guess my fat cheeks had touched the slider button and it slid the whole way across. Snapping back probably would have kept that from happening. Thanks Mike, glad to see you guys are monitoring the feedback and updating.

By the way- I was having trouble changing my backround pic. I saved it as a .png and had it in the right place but it wasnt working. So I opened Photoshop and re-saved it. What I noticed is Photoshop gives you the option to save .png's as Normal or Interlaced. Choose normal. When I went back and did that it worked.
    Last edited by ever1ast; 12-24-08 at 09:05 AM.
    12-24-08 08:45 AM
    This is by far the most useful app to date.
    12-24-08 09:14 AM
    Version 1.0.1 posted for download. Memory leak seems to be fixed. If you downloaded more than 24 hours ago you will need to request a new link.

You can tell which version you have by looking at the application properties; also this new version snaps the slider back to the beginning if you don't go all the way across the screen, so you can tell the difference pretty easily.
    12-24-08 01:47 PM
    Just thought I would add that if you have a password but enable outgoing calls without prompt for the password then if the device is locked the screen lock does not seem to be there if you make a call.

Question: If you used the web site and supplied your email for the link to download will you get a notice that a new beta is available?

Thanks and Great app by the way!
    The issue with using the phone while it is locked is known, and at this point cannot be resolved. RIM doesn't allow 3rd party developers to do that. Maybe if enough people ask, they will open up more APIs.

Yes, we plan to send email about the update, but at this point it won't happen until after the holiday. There is no substitute for reading CrackBerry (shameless plug, free of charge!)

And thank you!
    12-24-08 01:51 PM
    Version 1.0.1 posted for download. Memory leak seems to be fixed. If you downloaded more than 24 hours ago you will need to request a new link.

You can tell which version you have by looking at the application properties; also this new version snaps the slider back to the beginning if you don't go all the way across the screen, so you can tell the difference pretty easily.
    About to download the new version. Entered my email to request a new link and the email came right away this time.
    12-24-08 01:57 PM
    About to download the new version. Entered my email to request a new link and the email came right away this time.
    It's nice when things stay fixed ;-)
    12-24-08 02:23 PM
    It's nice when things stay fixed ;-)
    The slider bar works well, too. Thanks, again.

Can you let us in on any new apps that are being worked on?
    12-24-08 02:30 PM
    Great thanks. I am looking forward to downloading the new version now and will be extra psyched when the next version comes if it includes the disabling feature.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-08 02:39 PM
223 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD