okay, im pretty sure i've done everything right, renamed the file correctly and put it in the correct place, but when i get a call, you can see the talk lock, but the keyboard shows up... did i miss something? i've done 3 battery pulls, and it's not fixing it.
    Haven't had that issue dude...sorry.
    12-20-08 04:24 PM
    Haven't had that issue dude...sorry.
    Options..advanced..applications...find talk lock and disable compatility mode...problem solved

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-08 04:29 PM
    thanks i'll try that!
    12-20-08 04:29 PM
    OK. Great app! Been using it now for 5 hours, should have come with the phone. Changed the background to my wallpaper (the original Storm lightning one) and it looks as if it is the standard BB app for the phone, other then the Cell/Avant logo. Very nice. This really doesn't seem like a Beta.
    Oh and thanks UNCTarheels, great bit of info on adding your password. Usually use VVM but this worked great when I have to dial.
    Last edited by Ultrafied; 12-20-08 at 04:44 PM.
    12-20-08 04:42 PM
    this app is sweet. working on changing the bg now. Thanks!
    12-20-08 05:42 PM
    It works great! For those that might care, here is the background I use:
    Last edited by haris163; 12-20-08 at 06:08 PM.
    12-20-08 06:04 PM
    make sure you gave the image the correct name TalkLock-Background.png place it in the correct folder.
    OK... I'm usually computer literate.... but I can't find the "correct folder".

I used Photoshop to save one of my backgrounds as a .png but I can't figure where to place it.

Is it in device memory or on the media card? I don't see a "home" or "user" folder anywhere on the device.

A clue please?
    12-20-08 06:49 PM
    On mine, when I plug the device into the computer with the USB, I get 2 removable drives,Blackberry, "L" and "M". The second drive, "M" for me, I click on it using Windows Explorer, and you should see a "home" directory. Click on it and you should see a "user" directory. Just copy it there, into the "user" directory. That's it. Unplug the phone and reset the phone. You should see the new BG when you use the phone app. Hope it helps.
    12-20-08 07:19 PM
    OK... I'm usually computer literate.... but I can't find the "correct folder".

I used Photoshop to save one of my backgrounds as a .png but I can't figure where to place it.

Is it in device memory or on the media card? I don't see a "home" or "user" folder anywhere on the device.

A clue please?
    it is under device memory, then when you see user, highlight it, and click select into, and that should put it in that user folder
    12-20-08 07:26 PM
    oh man now i have 3 threads to follow on this.
    12-20-08 07:28 PM
    great app.....thax for the heads up op.
    12-20-08 08:19 PM
    oh man now i have 3 threads to follow on this.
    I was hoping a mod would close one or two of them or even merge them...

Oh well...
    12-20-08 08:43 PM
    I was hoping a mod would close one or two of them or even merge them...

Oh well...
    merging them would be good.

this app is great, but i really hope rim fixes this issue natively some how. i dont like using 3rd party software, especially software that runs all the time. I would prefer rim to fix this properly, as they should have by now.

one thing i would like to see would be the ability to use this app "as needed" so instead of it running all the time you can just turn on the lock from the BB meu during a call.

BETTER YET, only have it engage when i press the hardware keylock button.

that way people who only need it when they shoulder the phone (like me an many others i have read) can not have it running all the time and just use it when needed.

also i hope they offer a $5 version with all advertising removed.
    12-20-08 08:49 PM
    works great on .83 excellent work..

enclosed my background as well..
    12-20-08 09:21 PM
    Great work! If RIM refuses to fix the issue I would pay a few bucks for this app...but free is great too!
    12-20-08 09:32 PM
    I'm running .75 and its there but not working. Anybody else having issues with the screen lock with any other OS than .83??
    12-20-08 10:06 PM
    I'm running .75 and its there but not working. Anybody else having issues with the screen lock with any other OS than .83??
    I had issues on .83 after about 10 battery pulls and 6 downloads. Make sure you set all the permissions to "allow".
    12-20-08 11:40 PM
    I am having problems as well with .83 and TalkLock. I keep getting an Uncaught.exception:java.lang.OutOfMemory error when I reboot. The application has yet to work for me. Although, I'm only on my 5th reboot and 2nd reinstall. Can't wait to get it to work! Any suggestions?
    12-21-08 01:02 AM
    How do you remove it, cause dont see it in any folders?
    12-21-08 01:34 AM
    How do you remove it, cause dont see it in any folders?
    Your remove it by going into the applications list under Options/advanced options/applications then select (DO NOT CLICK) on the app then hit the BB button and select delete.
    12-21-08 01:48 AM
    For anyone having issues with this application be sure to set all permissions.

For Connections,
    Allow USB, Bluetooth
    All rest set for PROMPT

For Interactions,
    ALLOW, Cross Application Comm, Device Settings, Media, Application Management, Themes.
    All the rest for DENY

For User Data
    Set ALLOW for all

This is what works on my phone using OS .83 It works great and very reliable.
    Last edited by Jmack98; 12-21-08 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Edited for Consistancy.
    12-21-08 01:55 AM
    I am having problems as well with .83 and TalkLock. I keep getting an Uncaught.exception:java.lang.OutOfMemory error when I reboot. The application has yet to work for me. Although, I'm only on my 5th reboot and 2nd reinstall. Can't wait to get it to work! Any suggestions?
    I actually figured out my problem here. The picture that I chose for the background wasn't resized. I just converted a JPG taken with my phone to a PNG, but I guess it was too large and I kept getting that error. Resizing it to 360x480 made it work for me. Hope this helps others.
    12-21-08 02:00 AM
    k... i tried adding the background file just as described and i still get the original background. Any suggestions as to what im doing wrong?
    12-21-08 02:44 AM
    Dude this is great!!! You deserve a good deed award with this. It is working with .75 for me and so far no problems, but all I did was call voicemail.

Definately a STICKY!
    12-21-08 02:53 AM
    Great find on this app. Should help with everyone having problems pushing the screen with their face as they talk.

Thuink this is a pretty cool app and uses very little resources from what I read on their page.

Also like the extra touch of a user changeable background.

Hopefully this will get get added to the OTA links sticky also.
    12-21-08 11:01 AM
223 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD