No clue. Set your settings to deny for the network and see what happens.

Remember this is a beta.

why this application needs to access the phone? it uses network while on a call! Why? Suspicious to me!! What information it is looking for?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-08 09:31 PM
    This app is sweet!!! I'm glad someone got on the ball with making this one!
    12-21-08 09:35 PM

Remember this is a beta.

great application though, it solves many call related problems.
    12-21-08 09:44 PM

Remember this is a beta.

Just did this, will report back to see what happens.
    12-21-08 09:57 PM

Remember this is a beta.

Application terminated! If you deny, application terminates! WTF!!!
    12-21-08 10:00 PM
    It works great! For those that might care, here is the background I use:
    Thank-you s-o-o much for this great thread and the nice looking and quick image file [from 'haris163' in POST#75 above]! This was a great help and my Storm now looks as great as it functions in making calls. Super thoughtful...thanks again.
    12-21-08 10:30 PM
    I love this thing....

For some reason I cant load the pic.

Click on the link.. http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3092/...5a201e.jpg?v=0
    12-21-08 11:02 PM
    This works great! I had to delete the .png from the actual file name for the image to show up but other than that....No problems!! Thanks for posting!!
    12-22-08 09:13 AM
    anyone else only getting the lock to show up 1/2 the screen? with keypad on the bottom?
    12-22-08 09:24 AM
    Thanks a lot for this, doing this as we speak!
    12-22-08 10:01 AM
    To the developer-- THANK YOU!!! What an awesome early Christmas present. Between getting a replacement phone that absolutely ROCKS-- and this app. I am in BB heaven!
    12-22-08 10:09 AM
    I requested a download link and got one to my email but when I open (click) the link, it just comes up with a page of code (here is what comes up):

Manifest-Version: 1.0
    MIDlet-Version: 1.0.0
    MIDlet-Jar-Size: 144049
    MicroEdition-Configuration: CLDC-1.1
    MIDlet-Jar-URL: TalkLock.jar
    RIM-COD-Module-Dependencies: net_rim_cldc,net_rim_bbapi_phone,net_rim_bbapi_men uitem
    RIM-COD-URL-1: Installer/TalkLock-1.cod
    RIM-COD-SHA1-1: f3 37 81 db 13 70 57 d7 25 ea 8f e9 22 13 3b 24 bf 84 67 ef
    RIM-MIDlet-Flags-1: 3
    RIM-COD-Size-1: 60984
    RIM-COD-Module-Name: TalkLock
    MIDlet-Name: TalkLock
    RIM-COD-Size: 9456
    RIM-COD-Creation-Time: 1229703575
    MIDlet-1: TalkLock,,
    RIM-COD-URL: Installer/TalkLock.cod
    MIDlet-Description: In-Call Touch Screen Lock
    RIM-COD-SHA1: 6f 2e be 9e b7 c2 54 28 13 48 04 fa 0a df f3 eb fd 66 99 89
    MicroEdition-Profile: MIDP-2.0
    MIDlet-Vendor: CellAvant, Inc.

I really want this app so any help and I would greatful.

Thanks.

Tom.
    What you are seeing is the contents of the JAD file which triggers an over-the-air download/install of an application on a BlackBerry. Are you using a desktop browser to open the link? It's meant to be used in the BlackBerry browser on your device.
    12-22-08 10:10 AM
    why this application needs to access the phone? it uses network while on a call! Why? Suspicious to me!! What information it is looking for?
    The application MUST have access to the Phone in order to receive call connect/hangup events. That's the key to how it works.

It does not EVER under any circumstances use the network.
    12-22-08 10:13 AM
    anyone else only getting the lock to show up 1/2 the screen? with keypad on the bottom?
    That sounds like you are running TalkLock in application compatibility mode. TalkLock is built specifically for the Storm, so this is wrong. Open the options tool, choose Advanced Options -> Applications, and locate TalkLock in the list of apps. Press the menu key, and you should see a menu item to disable compatibility mode. Select it. After that, you need to reboot.
    12-22-08 10:18 AM
    For some reason I cannot get the background image to change. I have renamed a picture in my device memory-> User Folder and done a battery pull. I still get the standard background. Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?
    12-22-08 10:33 AM
    For some reason I cannot get the background image to change. I have renamed a picture in my device memory-> User Folder and done a battery pull. I still get the standard background. Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?
    You say you renamed a picture... was it a picture taken with the camera? Won't work (for now), it has to be in PNG format, not the jpeg format used by the camera. Also, it should be sized as a background image - 360x480 pixels.

We'll make that more flexible in a future version.
    12-22-08 10:38 AM
    I love this thing....

For some reason I cant load the pic.

Click on the link.. http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3092/...5a201e.jpg?v=0
    did you change the file extension to .png?
    12-22-08 11:05 AM
    I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this, or if it's just happening to me. If my phone is locked (password protected, not just the key lock) and someone calls me and I answer, talklock will not lock the screen. This is the only scenario I've seen where this happens. If I remove my password and just use the regular screen lock and then someone calls me, talklock will lock the screen.
    12-22-08 11:18 AM
    You say you renamed a picture... was it a picture taken with the camera? Won't work (for now), it has to be in PNG format, not the jpeg format used by the camera. Also, it should be sized as a background image - 360x480 pixels.

We'll make that more flexible in a future version.
    It is not a picture from my camera. It is a picture I have as a wallpaper. I saved it as a png file on my computer and then dragged it into the user file on my device. Did a battery pull and still no luck.
    12-22-08 11:27 AM
    I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this, or if it's just happening to me. If my phone is locked (password protected, not just the key lock) and someone calls me and I answer, talklock will not lock the screen. This is the only scenario I've seen where this happens. If I remove my password and just use the regular screen lock and then someone calls me, talklock will lock the screen.
    Well, RIM anyway... TalkLock is a 3rd party application, and RIM doesn't allow us to display screens while the phone is password protected and locked.
    12-22-08 11:46 AM
    I had that.... it was because the picture I chose was not in 360x480 pixels size (I think it was 480x360). Choose a different picture (one of the free wallpapers on CB worked for me), rename it and convert it to .png and it should work.
    12-22-08 12:12 PM
    Great app... and very well executed.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention!
    12-22-08 12:36 PM
    I noticed this also. If it is indeed b/c of the pw then i might have to take off my pw. Using Autolock with a pw completely kills the point of this application.

Hmm password or call functionality? why can't i have both. doh!
    12-22-08 01:38 PM
    I noticed this also. If it is indeed b/c of the pw then i might have to take off my pw. Using Autolock with a pw completely kills the point of this application.

Hmm password or call functionality? why can't i have both. doh!
    This is a beta...

The developer of this program is indeed lurking around these threads, probably taking notes of everything that is being said.

Additionally, there are some functions RIM will not allow TalkLock to do.

If the complaint is against AutoLock (a whole different program) I don't know what to tell you.
    12-22-08 02:15 PM
    What you are seeing is the contents of the JAD file which triggers an over-the-air download/install of an application on a BlackBerry. Are you using a desktop browser to open the link? It's meant to be used in the BlackBerry browser on your device.
    Thanks you very much, I was trying to open the link in a PC browser and as soon as I try it on my storm it downloaded straight away!!

Thanks again.

Tom.
    12-22-08 02:45 PM
223 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD