I skimmed the tips and tricks thread but didn't see it (if I did, many apologies) but I remember someone (maybe howarmat?) had posted optimal values for variables like screen sensitivity that really improved the text selection. Alas, I wiped and reinstalled my OS .713 a few weeks ago and realized that those values are reset to default. Does anyone have custom values that work well to improve the functionality of the text select that work well for them?

Many thanks!
    07-09-10 08:24 PM
    I don't think pp tweak that. Usually use default values.

U should explore your own preference.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-10 01:21 AM
    I don't think pp tweak that. Usually use default values.

U should explore your own preference.
    There have been many posts about that...it does seem to make a difference, especially in the "editing" mode.
    07-10-10 06:54 AM
    Mines 350, 700, 6. It's a good starting point, but vary one and try for awhile, then change again until you find what works best for you. You do this for each setting, tap interval, hoover and swipe.

07-10-10 08:31 AM
    There have been many posts about that...it does seem to make a difference, especially in the "editing" mode.
    I understand where u coming from...

Already said. Own preference. If it don't bother u a lot then don't even need to change any settings.

Last edited by titusilvering; 07-10-10 at 09:05 AM.
    07-10-10 09:03 AM
    Mines 350, 700, 6. It's a good starting point, but vary one and try for awhile, then change again until you find what works best for you. You do this for each setting, tap interval, hoover and swipe.

Yeah, I'll try that, thanks.

I know the ones I had found were *perfect* and it made the text selection bearable. I forgot about it with the wipe until last night trying to edit a Facebook response and wanting to throw the phone because of how hard it was to place the cursor and get one specific bit of text. Ugh.

Any other custom values people have found success with?
    07-10-10 10:03 AM
    for fast texting I use 100. 100. And 6.

07-11-10 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD