I'm looking for some help...or direction (i.e., a thread to look at for guidance).

About 3-4 weeks ago...my screen starting acting strange. When I would hover a button (not clicking it...but to make it blue)...other buttons would become blue as well. Or the button I was hovering wouldn't turn blue and another would. When I would actually click the button...say for messages...the browser would start instead. Also...sometimes I would have the browser or gmail app open and after I clicked the BB button to bring up the menu...it would be completely frozen. It's like this periodically...but always occurs after a call...and the phone won't work for a good 1-2 minutes. This became worse and worse. So I finally did a complete reinstall of BB 5.0.0.328. Things were better for a week or so...and then it went downhill again. I haven't dropped my phone or added any new applications in months.

I have Verizon warranty...but if I go in there I have a feeling they are going to tell me that its a software issue and not hardware. I really don't know what it is...I just want the phone to work again.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...I apologize if I did not explain the issue well.

Thanks.
    07-20-10 03:00 PM
    If you have warranty i would get a replacement if I could. Ususally have better luck over the phone with VZW than the instore people. At least I always have.
    07-20-10 03:04 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion...should I explain the issue like I did in the post?

Thanks again.
    07-20-10 03:05 PM
    Sounds pretty straight forward to me. They should realize it is not a software issue if you have done a fresh install of the OS and still are having the same issue. And I think the phone reps have more say so than in store guys - at least that is what I have always heard....
    07-20-10 03:23 PM
    wait a minute...you still have warranty on a storm 1? Why don't you have a storm 2?
    07-20-10 03:23 PM
    Hmmm...I got my Storm 1 18 months ago...like end of December 2008. Not under warranty...but I have that Verizon insurance that I never ever use...that is what I meant. I misspoke.

Will that make a difference?
    07-20-10 03:26 PM
    If you have new every two you could upgrade. I am due for upgrade right now, but am holding out for the new OS6. Insurance will cost $50. You may just want to give VZW a call and see what they say...cant hurt.
    07-20-10 03:41 PM
    Thanks again for the info.
    07-20-10 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD