I just got back from swapping my Storm2 for another. (Kept rebooting randomly)
    So they open the box and boot up the new Storm2 and he packages up my old one and puts it away. A few moments later I'm asked to type in my email passwords. As I'm doing this, I notice how HORRIBLE the screen feels. It takes more force to press the screen down and feels far worse than the Storm 1. I'm not exaggerating in the slightest.
    I am not allowed to keep the old one after they packed it up and there are no other new Storm2's in stock so I'm stuck with this one.
    I find another store farther away and go to exchange it, only to get the same effin issue, but not as bad.
    The Storm2 with the rebooting issue had no screen issues at all and was near PERFECT. Actually, I would rather keep that one with the chance of it constantly rebooting than have to deal with this nasty, sticky screen.

Does anyone else have this issue with the screen? Its so hard to press and makes typing feel nasty and sluggish.
    I'm not here to bash the phone. I just want to know how many people have this issue, because I'm sure I'm not the only one. I'm going to have to return it once again when the store has more in stock.
    It looks like I'm gonna be going thru the whole "messed up screen" issue as I did with the first Storm. >
    11-05-09 10:55 PM
    Just get the Droid in the morning and you won't have these problems.

RIM HAS NO CLUE HOW TO MAKE A DECENT TOUCHSCREEN PHONE.
    You again?! Troll somewhere else. For someone that seems to be so anti-RIM and BB, you sure spend an awful lot of time on here.
    11-05-09 11:08 PM
    stick with the storm 2 don' go droid
    11-05-09 11:15 PM
    the droid a heavy phone.. too bulky imo
    11-05-09 11:22 PM
    Its heavy and Huge thats for sure.
    11-05-09 11:28 PM
    So they open the box and boot up the new Storm2 and he packages up my old one and puts it away. A few moments later I'm asked to type in my email passwords. As I'm doing this, I notice how HORRIBLE the screen feels. It takes more force to press the screen down and feels far worse than the Storm 1. I'm not exaggerating in the slightest.
    I am not allowed to keep the old one after they packed it up and there are no other new Storm2's in stock so I'm stuck with this one.
    I find another store farther away and go to exchange it, only to get the same effin issue, but not as bad.
    The Storm2 with the rebooting issue had no screen issues at all and was near PERFECT. Actually, I would rather keep that one with the chance of it constantly rebooting than have to deal with this nasty, sticky screen.

Does anyone else have this issue with the screen? Its so hard to press and makes typing feel nasty and sluggish.
    I'm not here to bash the phone. I just want to know how many people have this issue, because I'm sure I'm not the only one. I'm going to have to return it once again when the store has more in stock.
    It looks like I'm gonna be going thru the whole "messed up screen" issue as I did with the first Storm. >

My first S2 was loose in the lower left--the screen would make a false click when lightly touched, not related to a "real" click. I returned it and the new phone is fine. My wife's S2 is also fine.
    11-05-09 11:30 PM

I don't know if its an issue or just the way the phone is made. I have thought the key press was to hard from day one. All my keys seem to work however even the back key.

You will. Motorola has a great reputation for JUNK!
    This is getting very tiring. I'd really like to keep the Storm2 but I don't want to spend all this time trying to find one that actually works the way it was meant to.
    11-05-09 11:34 PM
    I don't know if its an issue or just the way the phone is made. I have thought the key press was to hard from day one. All my keys seem to work however even the back key.
    The one I had just exchanged had a FLAWLESS screen. Typing was smooth and easy. I instantly fell in love with it.
    Now this one...this is another story. Typing is almost impossible. I am not even joking. Its like an aborted mistake from RIM.
    11-05-09 11:36 PM
    My first S2 was loose in the lower left--the screen would make a false click when lightly touched, not related to a "real" click. I returned it and the new phone is fine. My wife's S2 is also fine.
    Where was your faulty storm made? I noticed that mine falsly clicks in the bottom left hand as well, should I get it replaced? I mean its not a big deal but if your telling me that there are storm 2s out there without that faulty click then I want another. This was mde in hungary and has great build quality. Im kinda scared to go into a verizon and get it swapped out for a crappy one.
    11-05-09 11:37 PM
    Because RIM has a stellar record with making touchscreen phones. They are now 0-2.

I'll take my chances.
    mods ban this fool
    11-05-09 11:42 PM
    I had to exchange my storm 2 on Wednesday because the menu and even more so the back button would stick horribly! The back button wouldn't move just like when the screen is turned off. I had to thump it to make it work when it stuck like that. Good things with this one so far. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
    11-05-09 11:46 PM
    I had to exchange my storm 2 on Wednesday because the menu and even more so the back button would stick horribly! The back button wouldn't move just like when the screen is turned off. I had to thump it to make it work when it stuck like that. Good things with this one so far. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
    All the bottom buttons on mine are somehow harder to push than the rest of the screen.
    I really hate to be complaining about it, but this is unacceptable
    11-05-09 11:56 PM
    Where was your faulty storm made? I noticed that mine falsly clicks in the bottom left hand as well, should I get it replaced? I mean its not a big deal but if your telling me that there are storm 2s out there without that faulty click then I want another. This was mde in hungary and has great build quality. Im kinda scared to go into a verizon and get it swapped out for a crappy one.
    Mexico. The new one was made in Mexico also, as was my wife's S2, which also has worked fine since we got them.
    11-06-09 12:42 AM
    Because RIM has a stellar record with making touchscreen phones. They are now 0-2.

I'll take my chances.
    Really? The forum says I'm a newbie, and I know a lot of Motorolas were "crap in a hat"! The Razr (which I had) was a piece of crap fad. We all know about the Q's sad history.........

C'mon. Motorola is like 10-45.
    RIM is like 34-3. lol Storm2 being a winner.

My opinion.
    11-06-09 12:58 AM
    **** yeah!

I have used many different phones, motorola, LG, and BB's, and I like the BB's the best.

I'm getting my Storm2 This weekend!!

I'll be sure to make them give me one form Hungary :P since im payin $180 for it lol
    11-06-09 01:10 AM

Yes I agree man get out of hear with that crap

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 01:36 AM

My problem is with the send button. It gets stuck randomly and becomes hard to press. The guy at the store said I am pressing too hard. LOL! It only happens at that location. The rest of the screen responds consistenly. I thought initially it was a software problem, but not everyone is having the isuse so must be hardware. Ugghhh!
    11-06-09 09:36 AM
    I have one that was made in mexico and i havent had any serious issues with it. So far I had 2 random reboots but thats it. Other than that I'm completely satisfied with this phone. I never had the Storm 1 so i can't compare screen issues with that one at all but mine is great.
    11-06-09 09:55 AM
    Mexico. The new one was made in Mexico also, as was my wife's S2, which also has worked fine since we got them.
    I have a Hungarian build that works flawlessly.
    11-06-09 09:56 AM
    Really? The forum says I'm a newbie, and I know a lot of Motorolas were "crap in a hat"! The Razr (which I had) was a piece of crap fad. We all know about the Q's sad history.........

C'mon. Motorola is like 10-45.
    RIM is like 34-3. lol Storm2 being a winner.

My opinion.
    . Razr a piece of crap! Dude I'm a blackberry supporter 100% but you cannot knock the Razr! It was the best phone Motorola ever had! Its ok to talk junk about "junk" but not about something you don't like in your own opinion. Lol

11-06-09 07:17 PM
    . Razr a piece of crap! Dude I'm a blackberry supporter 100% but you cannot knock the Razr! It was the best phone Motorola ever had! Its ok to talk junk about "junk" but not about something you don't like in your own opinion. Lol

A couple years ago my wife and I inquired about the razr at our local V store and we were warned the phone was LOUSY. Poor build quality--they fell apart, etc. I looked into it after hearing that from the salespeople and found plenty of info to verify their comments. not sure why u think the razr was a good phone, but whatever!
    11-06-09 07:20 PM
    So I went back to another Verizon store to get the faulty Storm2 replaced. The reps were very patient and understanding about the problem and opened up 2 different Storm2's before I found one with a decent screen. The first one had a screen that was also hard to press into and the bottom buttons barely worked.
    The rep told me he would get another until I found one that worked the way it should. Luckily, the next one was perfectly fine.
    I'm gonna hold on to this one and try my best to keep it in good condition.
    I don't want to take anymore chances of having to unbox a crappy quality one.
    11-07-09 04:30 AM
    Let me know how you make out. I have the same issue and need to exchange it unless the problem persists...

11-07-09 04:42 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD