Will the screen get scratched by just pocketing it without a screen protector?
    12-02-08 11:14 PM
    I don't know about anyone else, but with all of the protection options available ... how many people are planning to use NO protection at all?

Although the device appears to be well made, why risk damage and being stuck with a scratched device when a product like Invisible Shield will protect you with a guarantee?

Just my $.02
    12-02-08 11:35 PM
    Always play it safe. Don't know how many times I have tossed my phone in the pocket I had my keys in. A screen protector is just some added insurance that a nice screen won't be messed up.
    12-02-08 11:36 PM
    Will the screen get scratched by just pocketing it without a screen protector?
    Oops ... I didn't answer your question. I guess the answer is ... depends on what else in in your pocket.
    12-02-08 11:36 PM
    See the thing is i have the verizon screen protector on mine now, but theres some air bubbles and it always seems like when i put one on there is one or two tiny pieces of dust that create an air bubble. I dont put anything else in the pocket i carry my storm in, so basically my question is, is the lining in a pants pocket enough to scratch the storms screen??
    12-02-08 11:40 PM
    Man get a good screen protector. Check out bestskinsever.com or the invisible shield. The verizon one is probably cheap heh. I have no problems with air bubbles or scratches with my curve with bestskinsever and I have had the same one for months

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 11:45 PM
    I've had the Verizon one on for 5 days now and I have no problems with it at all. I guess it depends on how well you put it on.
    12-02-08 11:52 PM
    Has anyone replaced their verizon screen protector yet? is it hard to get off? and does it leave any goop on the screen?
    12-02-08 11:54 PM
    well im currently using the verizon protector but I am really thinking about just taken it off and not worrying about it. My iPhone never had a protector on the screen and I never had a issue throwing it in my pocket... I am not saying that the protectors don't work I guess its personal preference.
    12-02-08 11:58 PM
    Always use protection!
    12-02-08 11:59 PM
    Don't be a fool, cover you tool, lol.
    12-03-08 12:02 AM
    Has anyone replaced their verizon screen protector yet? is it hard to get off? and does it leave any goop on the screen?
    i used the verizon screen protector on a voyager and it came off TOO easily. but no, it leaves no residue. went through 3 in about 2 weeks... not worth it IMO.. i have heard wonders about phantom skinz though.
    12-03-08 12:04 AM
    Wrap it up. I just use a holster which stops me from pocketing it.
    12-03-08 12:05 AM
    Wrap it up. I just use a holster which stops me from pocketing it.
    That's one way to avoid pocketing your storm. But for us non-business folk, we like the casual feel of just pocketing it. Plus I personally don't like the way the holsters look.
    12-03-08 01:03 AM
    Check this You Tube video someone posted. They used different objects and tried to scratch the Storm screen. Good video.
    12-03-08 06:45 AM
    well im currently using the verizon protector but I am really thinking about just taken it off and not worrying about it. My iPhone never had a protector on the screen and I never had a issue throwing it in my pocket... I am not saying that the protectors don't work I guess its personal preference.
    You I-Phone screen was glass the Storm is plastic big difference.
    12-03-08 06:51 AM
    You I-Phone screen was glass the Storm is plastic big difference.
    Check out the video above your post.. i highly doubt it's plastic.

BUT, even if it is, i will not need a screen protector even carrying in my pocket after watching what he did to the screen in that video
    12-03-08 07:24 AM
    great video. it shows the durability of the storms screen. Looks like normal use should not cause issues with scratches on the screen. Guess time will tell.
    12-03-08 07:50 AM
    I don't have the storm yet still waiting...But I haven't decided whether or not to get a screen protector. After seeing the above video, I am leaning towards not getting one. Only because the storm might respond better without a screen protector on it.

If you have used your storm without a screen protector for a while then decided to put one one it. Have you seen a loss in responsiveness?

If your answer is no, then I suppose there is no reason to not use a screen protector.
    12-03-08 08:06 AM
    Is the verizon screen protector the one that ships on the phone already? Because I did not buy one and last night checked to see if there was something on my screen and to my surprise there was already a screen protector... Im shocked at how unnoticeable it is
    12-03-08 08:37 AM
    If it doesn't scratch after all that abuse, it must be glass. I'm a big believer in using electronics as-is unless it's absolutely necessary (all relative I suppose), so I'm not going to be using a screen protector or case of any sort. That's what insurance is for.
    12-03-08 08:41 AM
    Thanks for that video link. Should clear everyone's questions about scratching (or so you'd hope...)
    12-03-08 09:36 AM
    I'd pay a little extra to have a "scratch proof" sapphire crystal face plate on my BB!
    Last edited by BlackBerryBob; 12-03-08 at 09:55 AM.
    12-03-08 09:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD