Does anyone have a screen discoloration problem in the middle of their screen?

When I click on my screen, I get a circle of discoloration (like you would if you pressed on your LCD computer monitor) directly in the middle.

At first I was looking for problems with my screen since I read of so many problems here so I thought maybe I was pressing too hard. After using the phone for a couple of weeks now, I have noticed the problem is more evident.

I was thinking of dealing with it because I am afraid of getting a phone that is worse. My phone functions great except for the discoloration. The screen clicks good and there are no large gaps.

What would you do and does anyone have this problem? I was gonna loosen the screws to to see if that did anything but I don't have the right sized screwdriver on hand plus if my screen click is good, loosening the screws would probably mess that up.
    01-08-09 02:00 AM
    I think I know what you're talking about although I can't see it right now. When I have seen it (it's barely visible on mine, BTW) I just figured it was somehow related to the button under the screen since that's about where it should be. I just figured it was temperature related or something, like right over the button might be warmer than elsewhere since there would be no air movement right where the button is. And now that I think about it, it seems like I was only seeing the "ring" when it was really cold outside. But since you mention seeing it when you push the screen, perhaps the button pressing on the LCD board from behind has the same effect as when you press on an LCD from the front? I don't think I would worry about it unless it's really bad.
    01-08-09 02:11 AM
    Get your phone replaced. It will prob. break after the warranty expires.
    01-08-09 11:17 AM
    If its too annoying just get a replacement, if its not bad just deal until it gets wore and then get a replacement.
    01-08-09 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD