so i got a 3rd replacement phone (2nd brown box). while the screen click is AMAZING, the colors are a bit off, well at least the menu, and message screens. the whites are more of an "off-white". has anyone run into this problem.
    thanks in advance
    D.
    01-19-09 08:41 PM
    Maybe I mention this for nothing but you can set the luminosity into option>screen/keyboard
    But more luminosity means less battery life.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 08:57 PM
    no dude color not brightness, i have everything the same as my other phone still color differences.
    01-19-09 08:59 PM
    This has been discussed already. People have noted that their previous phones were brighter and whiter while their replacements or vice versa had a slight tint to it. Both phones can be at the same brightness and setting but one phone will be brighter than the other.
    01-19-09 09:09 PM
    I had the same problem!! But I finally figured it out!! It is an automatic dimmer, try this take your storm in direct sun light and it will light up bright!! I guess this was a fix on all the new storms.I had one of the first storms that came out and it was a lot brighter than the one i have now. but it did not have this feature. So for all the people that experience this, this is what it is. This is my 4th storm don't ask! when your in sun light or a very bright light your storm will come alive lol. and the screen will be that real white! not that off white or tannish color.
    01-19-09 09:18 PM
    You guys seem to think I'm talking about the screen being dim. I literally mean COLOR I tried to take a picture if it but my camera doesn't catch it.I guess ill go for number five

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 09:46 PM
    1st and 2nd Storm had the yellowish tint and I was fine with it, but Storm #3 has the blue tint(truer whites)and it looks TONS better IMO.
    01-19-09 09:49 PM
    Do a search for "warm" and "cool" screen color. I've seen it discussed here a few times.
    01-19-09 10:08 PM
    Do a search for "warm" and "cool" screen color. I've seen it discussed here a few times.
    hey do you mind posting a link if you have them, i did three searches cant find anything.
    thanks
    D.
    01-20-09 12:13 AM
    I had the same problem!! But I finally figured it out!! It is an automatic dimmer, try this take your storm in direct sun light and it will light up bright!! I guess this was a fix on all the new storms.I had one of the first storms that came out and it was a lot brighter than the one i have now. but it did not have this feature. So for all the people that experience this, this is what it is. This is my 4th storm don't ask! when your in sun light or a very bright light your storm will come alive lol. and the screen will be that real white! not that off white or tannish color.
    I just tested this with a lamp I have here at my desk. When I point it at the Storm it goes super bright and stark white. When I remove it there's a two second delay then it gets more dim and.. The color does seem to yellow very, very slightly.
    01-20-09 01:03 AM
    Its not the dimmer. Its the actual screen itself.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/ano...ctures-117241/

Last edited by y2bandit; 01-20-09 at 11:45 AM.
    01-20-09 11:43 AM
    Its not the dimmer. Its the actual screen itself.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/ano...ctures-117241/

thats exactly what im talking about.
    i called tech support, i guess they must have some notes on me (3rd phone in 3 weeks), but they want me to take the phone to the store to have them check the phone. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just get me a good phone.
    01-20-09 08:29 PM
    I had both versions. I prefer the dimmer screen as the bright one is still too bright even at 10%. But the clicking on the brighter was better. Personally, if the phone works and clicks and no dust, that is all that matters to me. The screen brightness doesnt bother me.
    01-20-09 10:20 PM
    I don't have either of those screens on my new one. It's not a yellowish tint, but I don't have that washed out look either. Mine is closer to the one on the left as it has more of the bluish tint, but my colors and fonts don't look horrible like that one.
    01-20-09 10:43 PM
    I don't have either of those screens on my new one. It's not a yellowish tint, but I don't have that washed out look either. Mine is closer to the one on the left as it has more of the bluish tint, but my colors and fonts don't look horrible like that one.
    LOL, yes you do have those screens on your phone.. LOL
    How can you NOT...
    lol
    01-20-09 10:47 PM
    My screen doesn't look like either of those color/contrast wise. Maybe I'm right in the sweet spot, or those are bad pics?
    01-20-09 11:05 PM
    hey do you mind posting a link if you have them, i did three searches cant find anything.
    thanks
    D.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/ver...en+yellow+blue
    01-21-09 10:35 PM
    having the same problem now 1st phone = random reboots and crashing, 2nd phone works fine but the screen doesn't click in one corner and has a gray scale color to it waiting for replacement phone to arrive. for 250 dollars I'll keep returning them till i get one that is perfect ... ps i have a friend that has one flawless bright color no glitches and click screen is super responsive so i know there are some good ones out there.
    01-21-09 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD