i think i got lucky with my storm working performing well right out of the box with no random reboots, no lag, good accelerometer etc...the only problem i have, although slight, is the screen click on the part next to the hard keys...that section seems to be a bit stiffer than the other side...my dilemma is wether i suck it up and do one of fixes like loosening the screws or should i take my chances and ask for a replacement that might not perform that great
    12-23-08 01:06 AM
    any suggestions?
    12-23-08 01:16 AM
    Get a replacement if you can. If your phone is not working the way you want it and you just purchased it you should be demand another one. Its your right as a consumer. I'm on a replacement now due to the same issue with my Storm I got on release date. Happier with my new one. Just my opinion.
    12-23-08 01:24 AM
    I've gotta disagree. Try the screw trick first. If it works, great. If not, you can still get a replacement.

Why get a replacement without first trying to fix it yourself? It's not worth the risk to end up with a phone in even worse shape.
    12-23-08 01:27 AM
    Send it back till they give you a working one. If you want to fix it yourself give it a try. You might void the warranty fixing rims mistake.
    12-23-08 02:25 AM
    i guess i can always ask for a replacement and keep the one that is better
    12-23-08 02:40 AM
    I did try the screw trick. the screws never moved after the adjustment and the screen got progressively worse. if you spend good money on a product then why do you have to fix it for it to work perfectly? i would never accept having to fix a plasma tv that i just bought.... would you?
    12-23-08 02:43 AM
    you have a point
    12-23-08 02:46 AM
    just make sure b4 you send the other one back whichever it is keep both phones for about 5 days, u have 10 to get it back to verizon
    12-23-08 02:47 AM
    Good point jkunk.. I kept mine for 4 days to compare pix and movies. slightly disappointing, my original storm (made in Canada) from launch day had a brighter and crisper screen than my replacement(made in Mexico). My replacement came with a darker, yellowish- sepia like resolution. wtf!?! Took it in to the Verizon store and only mine out of the 5 there was like that. Ima keep it for a week and see if I can get use to it. Kinda hard to see in the sunlight compared to my first Storm. What a bummer. The store said they would order me another replacement within a couple weeks and I may take them up on it. Many other Stormers have encountered the same situation. Some like the Darker Yellowish screen and some like the Brighter Bluish screen. I tend to lean towards the brighter crisper screen. The blacks are bolder and the whites are brighter and colors are just more brilliant on the brighter screen. I just think rim is outsourcing the screen production from 2 different companies... Maybe its just settings? but there are no settings for the colors, just for the brightness. Frustration is a Biatch!!!
    12-23-08 03:02 AM
    I am in the same boat as you...the click was a little weak on the bottom where the hard keys are. I felt I'd rather keep it due to the fact I havent had any hardware issues with it and many have.

Fast forward one week after I got my storm...I kept hearing about how everyone made their screen click better by the card under battery door or the screw method. I first tried the business card behind the battery door to see if it made a difference...and OMG...the clicking was like it sounds like on the commercial! I'm psyched!!!

3 days later and 2 of my hard keys died (blackberry and end keys). Now I'm waiting for a replacement.

The point of that long drawn out post is...if you feel like your screen should click better...it prolly should. Get a replacement and see which is better. I would have never known if I didnt try the card trick.
    Last edited by RedBank; 12-23-08 at 09:00 AM.
    12-23-08 08:57 AM
    thanks for the help...did you go to a verizon store or just called them to get your replacement
    12-23-08 12:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD