Another satisfied "customer" of the Torx fix. Mine clicked decently until a couple days ago when I dropped the phone (while holstered) onto my vinyl-covered dining room floor. After the fall, the top left and bottom right corners were like what so many folks described when they were looking for click relief. I loosened both screws 1/2 turn and now the screen is clickalicious.

Thanks!
    10-13-09 10:26 PM
    thanks for the fix! this helps.
    10-14-09 02:49 AM
    great post thank you
    12-20-09 06:06 AM
    I want to try this because the bottom right corner of my screen doesn't click very well but I just looked and I don't have a Torx screwdriver and my flat heads are all too big to fit in the slot. I'll either go buy a Torx someday or just suck it up which is what I've already done for a while since I don't really click that part of the screen anyway.
    12-30-09 01:28 PM
    I did this about a week ago. I wanted some time to evaluate.

In landscape, the screen was less than ideal in the lower left and upper right. I simply turned each side out 1/2 turn.

The screen is now so good that I dont think it can get any better. The corners and edges now feel the same as the rest of the screen. Or at least so close that I cant tell the difference.

Thanks to OP Jascias for this most Excellent tip!
    01-02-10 07:52 PM
    tweeking the screws did not fix the click problem at all... I have tried various increments and still no improvement

any suggestions?
    01-08-10 06:59 PM
    wow, awesome dude, worked like a charm. i was about to go spen 95 bucks to get it fixed but this worked great. i owe u five bucks. send me your paypal address and u will get ur five bucks.
    01-09-10 04:51 PM
    Can somebody help me out here. I must be blind or something but I am not sure what "screws" you are talking about that need to be removed. I am looking for this red sticker and I do not see a red sticker anywhere on the back of the phone "under the cover" other then the white with red line sticker that is actually on the battery itself. I see 2 silver screws, 1 being next to the sim card and the other being next to the memory card slot. are these the 2 screws that everybody is talking about??
    01-14-10 01:38 AM
    Those are the two screws. For one reason or another, the red dot sticker (white line through the middle) is no longer on the right screw. So you save yourself one step
    01-16-10 01:05 AM
    Thanks so much for this tip.My whole screen now clicks the same in every spot.
    01-22-10 10:54 AM
    i have a problem with my color on my screen of my storm 9530 ,its seems its all distorted and i dont understand why and how this happened is there any help for me out there?
    01-22-10 09:04 PM
    i didn't get the tool yet, but simply open the back of my phone to identify the screws, sticker, etc.

i put the back on again after merely TOUCHING that area and now all parts of my screen are touching correctly. one whole hemisphere was not working.

i know if it gets "off" again what to do. thanks!!!
    01-24-10 08:19 PM
    awesome fix! my Storm clicks uniformly everywhere now! thx!
    01-26-10 02:44 PM
    This is the best tip ever. So much easier to type? Thanks for this tip.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-10 12:05 PM
    For those with a SIM card in the tray I think loosening these screws too much will cause a SIM card error. I turned off my phone and tightened the screws and rebooted it, and viola, the SIM card error is gone.
    02-05-10 05:22 PM
    Is the problem with just the Storm or does the problem also apply to Storm 2?
    02-13-10 11:45 PM
    hope this fix will solve my screen click problem like it has for so may folks on here. the screen problem is driving me nuts!!!

let me go find me a torx
    02-18-10 12:12 PM
    Informative thread
    02-18-10 03:18 PM
    For those with a SIM card in the tray I think loosening these screws too much will cause a SIM card error. I turned off my phone and tightened the screws and rebooted it, and viola, the SIM card error is gone.
    yep, loosening the screw too much will result in contact problem...mine was too loose at some point and my 9530 was defaulting to 1xev because it could not read from the seem cause there was not enough contact btw the sim card and the phone.
    04-10-10 04:58 AM
    Wow, worked for me as well! I returned my storm twice for this problem, and the 3rd phone I got, I gave up...figured I'd live with it. Glad I read this thread, now it clicks perfectly!
    07-13-10 08:27 PM
    sounds good, im going to buy a torx screw and try it. thanks for the suggestion
    07-14-10 08:55 AM
    beautiful!! thank you from the bottom of my nuts
    07-14-10 10:43 PM
    I have a weird screen click problem, I hope someone out there can tell me the fix for it. I have 9530, screen will not click at all, but if I turn the phone upside down (screen facing the ground) and I click the screen in that position, it works very well. When I turn the phone to the right position (screen facing the sky) it will click once and that's it, the screen is stuck in down position, will not click anymore. Thank you in advance.
    07-30-10 12:22 AM
    That worked like a treat!
    Now I dont hve to click even!
    Just touch and go.
    Nice man..
    Thanks a lot.

Added you on BBM.
    09-26-10 07:48 AM
    I had tried all the bits of paper torx screw adjusting sticky tape options and none really worked for me.

I had a look inside the 9500 at the backplate of the LCD. I found the two torx screws were impinging on the LCD backplate.

Solution: shorten them with a judicious bit of filing down.
    Result: screen clicks perfectly.

The screws need to be tight for the unit to work as BB intended. What I think is happening is the torx screws are out of spec(too long) and that together with some distortion of the plastic when the unit is assembled cause the screws to impinge on the LCD. My solution is to file them down a bit so that do not catch on the LCD backplate.
    Last edited by smarthousesys; 11-14-10 at 11:17 AM.
    11-14-10 11:03 AM
675 ... 252627
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD