anyone talked about which screw for which side? I personal find the red sticker screw is for the top and others is for the lower part of the screen close to function key..... am I right?
    02-25-09 05:52 AM
    I wanted to comment here and thank you for posting. I picked up an eye glass repair kit since my local hardware store was out of the t-6 screws and although it's a flathead, it seemed to work just fine in loosening the uncovered screw.

I didn't really think my screen was too bad until i tried this out. I turned my phone off and started loosening in small increments until i got to a point i was satisfied.

a world of difference with a very light and responsive screen allover.
    03-02-09 05:07 PM
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not (i tried to search the thread but didn't find it), but I don't see why this method only adjusts two screws. There are four screws in the back of the phone. One in the proximity of each corner of the screen. Now, if you're only loosening/tightening two screws, you must be overcompensating to achieve the 'perfect' feel.
    03-13-09 07:57 AM
    I did this and it worked amazing... now my phone is absolutely perfect. I love my Storm!
    03-17-09 06:52 PM
    I am not really sure how adjusting the screws makes a better click, but I believe you because of your logical reasoning. I am now going to get a T6 screwdriver. Do you think wal-mart or k-mart would have them?
    03-19-09 02:47 PM
    I am not really sure how adjusting the screws makes a better click, but I believe you because of your logical reasoning. I am now going to get a T6 screwdriver. Do you think wal-mart or k-mart would have them?
    They might, but I know Home Depot does have them and I believe are in the $5 to $10 range
    03-19-09 02:49 PM
    They might, but I know Home Depot does have them and I believe are in the $5 to $10 range
    So im assuming lowes would have them too. If so i will try to get over there.
    03-19-09 02:53 PM
    Worked great for me. I adjusted 2 screws.
    03-19-09 02:55 PM
    So im assuming lowes would have them too. If so i will try to get over there.
    Yeah, Lowes has them, sears too. Let us know how the fix works out for you.
    03-19-09 07:41 PM
    Yeah, Lowes has them, sears too. Let us know how the fix works out for you.
    Thanks and I will. I am going to Lowes tomorrow and I will post my thoughts soon after.
    03-19-09 07:44 PM
    03-19-09 07:44 PM
    Just do it at Sears.
    *LMAO* I can see it now:

Sears Associate: Sir, can I help you find anything?
    Storm Owner: No, but here, hold this pin and don't let the sticker fall off the end.
    Sears Associate: WTF?????????
    04-02-09 10:12 PM
    hey guys, i have a big problem... freakin stupid me...

i did the screw adjustment thingy, but i did it more than a turn, i actually took out both screws completely... ...
    now the screen doesn't click at all. its fixed now, like the dreaded iphone...lol... its basically useless now since there's no way to navigate around the phone...

i was planning to get it replaced at a store, but i broke the small red sticker and is gone... i was afraid they'd tell to back off since i voided the warranty...

but if theres someone out there who could help fella crackberrian, i wouldn't have to return my storm.. XD....

Btw i feel dead ryt now, like ive lost a love one or something...lol
    04-06-09 09:45 PM
    Why can you not put them back in and just retighten them?
    04-06-09 09:49 PM
    i did, but the screen remains fixed for some reason, it's like its presses down and stays down...
    04-06-09 09:51 PM
    pressed* lol
    04-06-09 09:52 PM
    What the heck? Is it getting caught under something? I've removed my screws & taken apart the whole phone without that problem.
    04-06-09 10:00 PM
    i have no clue... i was actually planning to take my phone apart if my warranty was already voided... but i wnna wait until someone answers me on the warranty thingy... geez, some people say the red thing is a wrranty sticker and some say its not...
    04-06-09 10:03 PM
    i have no clue... i was actually planning to take my phone apart if my warranty was already voided... but i wnna wait until someone answers me on the warranty thingy... geez, some people say the red thing is a wrranty sticker and some say its not...
    Its a water sticker. If you get it wet it turns colors. Just make sure it goes back on and you don't destroy it. If you do you probably can buy them on ebay.
    04-06-09 10:13 PM
    when my phone is in portrait mode, i have trouble clicking the bottom part of the screen in the center just above the blackberry button and the return button. anybody else have this problem?
    04-15-09 06:57 AM
    The same issue is occurring with mine. I've tried pretty much all techniques and can't get this fixed.
    04-22-09 08:29 PM
    Then you guys should take it back to the store and tell them whats up.. No one on this site should be 'DEALING' with issues on their VERY EXPENSIVE phone (well, $239 for some)
    04-22-09 10:49 PM
    Then you guys should take it back to the store and tell them whats up.. No one on this site should be 'DEALING' with issues on their VERY EXPENSIVE phone (well, $239 for some)

Haha. I got 2 storms for 9 bucks.
    04-23-09 12:05 AM
    nice this worked for my friends storm..
    04-23-09 06:54 AM
    worked for me too. had to put a thin card behind my sim card though so it would stop saying "insert sim card" . but it clicks perfectly. Thanks =]
    04-23-09 07:08 AM
675 ... 2021222324 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD