11-14-10 11:03 AM
675 ... 1819202122 ...
tools
    Just registered with Crackberry and read about all these fixes. Talked me off a cliff! Don't have a screwdriver handy, so tried the bus card fix - 100% improvement already! Thanks all.
    01-07-09 01:42 PM
    Holy cow—32 pages later. definitely trying this tonight when I get home. No screw drivers in the office. :/
    01-07-09 02:55 PM
    Thanks to the op. This fix works great!!
    01-08-09 01:13 PM
    Bump to the top
    01-11-09 03:42 AM
    Great fix. Thanks Jascias
    01-12-09 09:25 AM
    This is great. but will this make the sensitivity of the click better. I find that in all of the corners you have to press on the screen really hard, and i don't feel much of a click. will this help ?

thanks for whatever help i can get
    01-12-09 05:02 PM
    I had the same problem you mention, the corners needed pressed harder than the center. Worked for me.
    01-12-09 05:37 PM
    I like the very clear explanation on how to fix a Storm's SCREEN CLICK "problem". This has been proposed several times on CB dot com. I just haven't seen a need to do this. Whenever I click and don't get a response within, say, 10 nanoseconds, I don't just keep clicking more and more and harder and harder. I just gently touch the blue screen icon and side horizontally and vertically and back and...duh... click it ! Works for me. I guess everybody has gotta do what they gotta do. On my Storm, as well as all my PCs, I NEVER open them up - I let Combat Zone do THEIR thingy. I HAVE made one exception for my Storm: battery pulls. But, hey, they advertised you could remove the battery and put another one in. In fact, I did buy a second battery for those long days.

Doctor Neutron
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 01-12-09 at 06:45 PM.
    01-12-09 06:40 PM
    This worked Awesome! I just returned my old Storm last night (because of the ‘clicking’ issues) and got a new one, I noticed I had the same problem with the new one. I did this and it worked GREAT!!! It only took like 2 minutes. Definitely recommend this!!!
    01-16-09 01:01 PM
    I bought the tool yesterday and adjusted the screws today. All I can say is WOW what a difference! Very easy to do w/tool and just a few turns makes the storm click like magic....Big ups to the dude who posted this fix!!!
    01-18-09 02:00 PM
    I like the very clear explanation on how to fix a Storm's SCREEN CLICK "problem". This has been proposed several times on CB dot com. I just haven't seen a need to do this. Whenever I click and don't get a response within, say, 10 nanoseconds, I don't just keep clicking more and more and harder and harder. I just gently touch the blue screen icon and side horizontally and vertically and back and...duh... click it ! Works for me. I guess everybody has gotta do what they gotta do. On my Storm, as well as all my PCs, I NEVER open them up - I let Combat Zone do THEIR thingy. I HAVE made one exception for my Storm: battery pulls. But, hey, they advertised you could remove the battery and put another one in. In fact, I did buy a second battery for those long days.

Doctor Neutron
    Doctor Netron,
    I've seen you post this same explanation at least 3 or 4 other times and have no idea what the heck you're talking about? People are doing hardware fixes and you're promoting something completely that doesn't seem to be relevant at all?

Could you please clarify just so I can understand?
    01-18-09 02:57 PM
    wow this rocks! I work for verizon and I will be passing this on to the other employees when they come across this "problem" Thanks to the OP
    01-20-09 01:01 PM
    Can someone give the OP an award or something? This is a great fix. My screen clicks better in the corners and it removed this annoying plastic non-screen click too. Thank you!
    01-20-09 03:33 PM
    I have had my storm for 3 weeks and had it back to Verizon twice with the screen being are to click. The people there told me that it was a software issue. I knew it wasn't that it had to be something with the screen. My husband ran across this post and I was willing to try just about anything. IT ABSOLUTELY WORKS!! Whoever posted this I praise you!!! Thanks so much!! I now have no complaints of my storm I love it all the way around!!!
    01-20-09 06:38 PM
    OUTSTANDING suggestion.

My T6 came in the mail today, I backed out both screws 1.5 turns and the click feel is SIGNIFICANTLY improved.

This may be the best "hardware" fix of all for the Storm.

GigaThanks!

SUPER suggestion...
    01-22-09 12:05 AM
    Great tip. I ended up taking the screws all the way out and reinstalling. Fixed the problem.
    01-23-09 08:14 PM
    I was uncomfortable removing the sticker so I just adjusted the other screw with a T6 that I found in my boyfriend's tool kit, and while I had no particular problem before I like it more now. Thanks!
    01-23-09 09:10 PM
    Not a bad fix. Found the sweet spot at about 1/2 turn on each screw. Pin got the sticker off with no trouble whatsoever. Thanks to the OP for this one.
    01-23-09 09:21 PM
    Just did this after having the phone less than a week. I was able to loosen the screw under the sticker without peeling it entirely off. My issue was no screen clicks or little response on the corners.

With the battery out, I would loosen and test, and didn't notice a considerable difference in the problem areas until I put the battery and door back on. Much more responsive now. Many thanks. Now if they can fix the stupid camera lag, I may keep this phone.
    01-24-09 11:48 AM
    This works like a charm! Thank you
    01-24-09 02:39 PM
    I was uncomfortable removing the sticker so I just adjusted the other screw with a T6 that I found in my boyfriend's tool kit, and while I had no particular problem before I like it more now. Thanks!
    With no particular problem, I'm in this boat. Mine works great, but could it be better.....what do you think?
    01-24-09 02:50 PM
    I have a kit that actually goes down to a T4 Torx. Pretty handy to have. I just did the screw without the sticker and it works great.
    01-24-09 04:46 PM
    Wow! My screen was always a little tough to push on the corners and I was just living with it. I made this adjustment and it clicks so perfectly corner to corner now! Thanks!!!!!
    01-27-09 07:22 PM
    wow this rocks! I work for verizon and I will be passing this on to the other employees when they come across this "problem" Thanks to the OP
    does removing the sticker completely from one of the screws void the warranty?
    01-30-09 01:05 AM
    No offense to the author of this thread whom def deserves the credit for going through this painful process that requires patience and handyness.

But when we're paying $200-250 for a phone the last thing we should be doing is putting a screw-driver to it! I mean seriously.

lol why are we jerry-rigging our Storms?

If your Storm is giving you that much of a problem simply return it for a new one until they give you one that works. I'm pretty sure this is a well known issue that RIM has fixed but you have to get one that was shipped recently not one that's been sitting stockpiled somewhere since the launch date.

With that being said I have seen a pretty nifty trick where all you do is place a business card in the back of the battery. It must add some pressure around where the click button is.

Either way it's bogus that folks are having to "tweek" their phones in order to take advantage of it's potential.

This is very sad. I'm a faithful Berry owner but this Storm and it's problems are a huge "black eye" on RIM and Verizon = shameful....

Hopefully they'll make it right by offering free replacements to phones with a certain manufacturer date with ****ty click screens and get a OS version that delivers it's true promise.
    01-31-09 11:03 PM
675 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD