11-14-10 11:03 AM
675 1234 ...
tools
    i can just go to the hardware store and tell them i need a single torx t6 screwdriver and thats it? then my storm works right? say it aint so!
    12-05-08 02:17 AM
    i can just go to the hardware store and tell them i need a single torx t6 screwdriver and thats it? then my storm works right? say it aint so!
    I wouldn't call it the end-all solution yet, I've never tried a Storm with the cardboard mod or anything like that. There's also the guy on here who said he got a revised hardware version that clicked way better.
    Until I try someone else's I'm not going to say its as good as it can be, I'm just saying its noticeably better than it was
    12-05-08 02:23 AM
    dang the smallest size I have is a t-9....
    12-05-08 02:26 AM
    just tried this on a non-clicking storm that i'm returning - it's not nearly as effective as the business card fix (at least on my device)
    12-05-08 02:35 AM
    Hmm..this is interesting. Might be more of a permanent fix than the other business card method. I don't know if I want to do that tho. Won't it void warranty
    12-05-08 02:37 AM
    Hmm..this is interesting. Might be more of a permanent fix than the other business card method. I don't know if I want to do that tho. Won't it void warranty
    Well dunno how they want to find out that you did it.. put the sticker back on, looks like youve done nothing
    12-05-08 02:45 AM
    my unit didn't really have a huge screen problem, mainly the "a" region in landscape and the delete and enter key also in landscape.

i just tried this fix and WOW!
    i loosened the two screws 2 turns and it was too easy to click the screen (almost exactly like a mouse click) and so i dialed it back maybe half a turn or so on each and it is absolutely perfect! this is exactly the feedback i was hoping for from this click screen from day one, thank you for the fix!

oh i forgot to add, the click is now even across the entire surface of my screen
    Last edited by vesprm6; 12-05-08 at 02:51 AM.
    12-05-08 02:47 AM
    my unit didn't really have a huge screen problem, mainly the "a" region in landscape and the delete and enter key also in landscape.

i just tried this fix and WOW!
    i loosened the two screws 2 turns and it was too easy to click the screen (almost exactly like a mouse click) and so i dialed it back maybe half a turn or so on each and it is absolutely perfect! this is exactly the feedback i was hoping for from this click screen from day one, thank you for the fix!

oh i forgot to add, the click is now even across the entire surface of my screen

WOW.

My screen clicks well all over, but i might have to try this, just to see if its any better feeling.

very nice idea.
    12-05-08 04:01 AM
    You guys are waay to scared... Seriously, get your tools out(TORX T-6) and do this! I did it to mine and you hardly even loosen the screw and its alot softer of a click. DO IT!
    12-05-08 04:39 AM
    Im gonna try this, but first I need to get a torx t-6 :-)
    12-05-08 04:48 AM
    OK..So I have a storm boxed and ready to ship to VZW. It was a replacement for a random reboot phone. But the screen click problem forced me to return it. I am opening the box and giving this a try.
    12-05-08 06:02 AM
    Worked great! Thanks. The sticker comes off/on without a hitch. My screen is significantly better - I did a before and after test and there is a big difference.

btw - I used a craftsman t-7 torx and it worked fine.
    12-05-08 07:07 AM
    It works!!! Never did the business card fix. Screen worked good, but always a bit funky in the corners and around the edges - especially lower left by green phone key and where the space bar is in landscape. Sometimes it clicked sometimes you needed to click "hard".

Now it clicks fine everywhere! Much more consistent feel across the screen. No more sponginess in the corners and along the edge.

Used a craftsman torx 6. I did one full turn. The screws are in there TIGHT. Couldn't find a pin, so I used the corner of a razor blade to lift the sticker.

Thanks!!!! Great fix. VZW and RIM should offer you a job
    12-05-08 07:37 AM
    prolly gonna try this whenever my replacement comes around ill do it to whichever one is worse
    12-05-08 07:39 AM
    This worked for me thanks
    12-05-08 07:51 AM
    Wow this made a huge difference! My screen qqs never really bad in the first place but seemed to bind when pressing down on the edges. Its perfect now. Crazy how simple of fix. Turned mine out 1 turn. Tighten back just to test and then u can really feel the difference. THANKS!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-08 07:56 AM
    Are those who are doing this, doing it INSTEAD of with cards or IN ADDITION to the cards?

Mine didn't really have a screen-click problem but, I tired the cards and it made it noticably better.
    12-05-08 08:00 AM
    I did this instead of the business card. I don't need the card anymore.
    12-05-08 08:07 AM
    Are those who are doing this, doing it INSTEAD of with cards or IN ADDITION to the cards?

Mine didn't really have a screen-click problem but, I tired the cards and it made it noticably better.
    Instead of cards. Quick, easy and no bent battery doors!

btw, I have a torx T-6 for sale lol
    12-05-08 08:14 AM
    Thats It !!! Turning those screws makes fine adjustments to the screen. I was able to take the paper out from behind my battery and after a few adjustments to the screws I got it dialed in. It now works better than ever.
    12-05-08 08:18 AM

No, this is without the cards.

This allows for fine tuning
    Last edited by Jascias; 12-05-08 at 08:35 AM.
    12-05-08 08:19 AM
    Do they put the sticker on there for warranty purposes?
    Yes. It also changes color when it touches water, so they can tell if it's a hardware malfunction or customer damage. That would determine which warranty covers the malfunction.
    12-05-08 08:21 AM
    fix works great .... no need to return now . screws was just overtight
    12-05-08 08:22 AM
    This seriously cannot be the fix to this whole problem. I'm at work and can't test this yet but I can SERIOUSLY see how this is a simple manufacturer problem of just overtightening screws.

To the OP, awesome work man.
    12-05-08 08:25 AM

To the OP, awesome work man.
    I agree. Excellent find! Loosen the screws FTW!
    12-05-08 08:28 AM
675 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD