Oh.. and I used a mini pocket knife (key chain sized) to take off the sticker.. one of the corners of the sticker got slightly bent but when I put it back on its fine...now I hope the screws dont start turning on their own and make me keep readjusting..
    12-16-08 04:43 PM
    Just did the fix, turned about half rotation of the screw's, and amazing. Works perfect now. I think a bit louder of a click, but that's ok. Thanks so much.
    12-16-08 08:04 PM
    To everyone else with good results, do you think the screen wiggles more? If so, any thoughts on that. I think it does.
    12-17-08 09:32 AM
    I just decided to do this after noticing that one side of my screen clicked better than the other and wow its perfect now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-08 10:29 AM
    I took my sticker off to adjust the screws a tiny bit more... completely ripped the sticker in half .... ... oh well... don't really care... lol
    12-17-08 10:39 AM
    This is my first post here at Crackberry and the Storm is my first blackberry....I'm a convert from a Treo and I can't believe how much this improved the screen on what I already thought was a pretty great phone (with the understanding that the OS and available Apps for it would take time to catch up). Makes me wonder about the other posts where users are replacing their phones for ones that they believe are revisions, etc.

This alone made a huge difference!

Joe
    12-17-08 07:07 PM
    Have T-6, not going to try it. Replacement ships 12/22. I hope it works as good as my fiancee's. How two phones shipped at the same time could be so different concerns me. Hopefully it's just one bad worker on the line, and not protocol for the whole assembly process.
    Last edited by mrmarcoangelo; 12-18-08 at 07:35 PM.
    12-18-08 03:55 PM
    Well I just did the screw update. My screen was only bad in the upper left corner (left of BlackBerry). Loosening the screws completely fixed it. I did manage to destroy the sticker, though. I'll tackle that issue if it ever becomes a problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Mully; 12-18-08 at 06:05 PM.
    12-18-08 05:59 PM
    holy crap ... this is golden ... it works! ... Long time troll, first time poster

on my storm, the bottom left corner of the screen was hard to press in or register a click (corner above the green call button)... I felt i was having to press too hard to get it to register the click.

I didnt want to take the sticker off, so i did a slight 1/4 turn to loosen the screw that didnt have a sticker on it ... and HOLY CRAP! It was an instant noticeable improvement to the screens responsiveness ... seems the screws torque effects the opposing sides of the screen.

Thank you so much for this fix!
    Last edited by zeiroe; 12-18-08 at 06:11 PM.
    12-18-08 06:05 PM
    holy crap ... this is golden ... it works! ... Long time troll, first time poster

on my storm, the bottom left corner of the screen was hard to press in or register a click (corner above the green call button)... I felt i was having to press too hard to get it to register the click.

I didnt want to take the sticker off, so i did a slight 1/4 turn to loosen the screw that didnt have a sticker on it ... and HOLY CRAP! It was an instant noticeable improvement to the screens responsiveness ... seems the screws torque effects the opposing sides of the screen.

Thank you so much for this fix!
    Sounds like a great compromise! I think voiding future unrelated warranty issues by removing screws and stickers on a new phone is risky if not ridiculous.
    Last edited by mrmarcoangelo; 12-18-08 at 07:34 PM.
    12-18-08 07:32 PM
    I reviewed all of the post and followed the advice but it is still the worst Blackberry ever. So I reactivated my 8830 and now making calls and reading and responding to emails is easy. Verizon better get a clue and sell the Bold before I reluctantly have to change carriers
    12-18-08 07:45 PM
    so I just did this fix. When I got my storm on the 12th I noticed that is was a little stiff on the top middle and bottom middle in portrait mode. I didn't think much of until today. I updated .83 and had to do a batt pull. When i went to type in landscape i noticed the the left side was completely unusable. I remembered the 3 tricks. Business card, torx screw and the needle nose pliers to the battery door. And it made me think. Whats probably happen is two things. First the screws are a little to tight thus bringing the tray that hold the screen in to close to whatever the screws are connected to. Then next the battery doors tabs must press against a piece of metal that holds the bottom(button surface) to the back of the phone. So i tested with the business card trick since this is less obtrusive. Well wow did that make a big difference. I went to home depot and bought a torx screwdriver set. (I've been needing one anyways). I decided that the needle nose pliers trick was a waste because its just pulling the button surface to the back of the phone and that didn't really matter much since I will probably do more batt pulls in the future and dont want to risk doing any physical damage. Well to make a long story "long" a half turn later and WOWOWOWOWOW its like a new phone. Clicks like it should and man that was easy. Thanks OP now I can continue to love my storm.
    12-19-08 07:28 PM
    tried this method Scren clicked GREAT for about 3days then the clicking started to go away.. not sure .. but save your self the time my girlfried got a storm just the other day and ive never felt the screen click so good.. and ive played with about 20 of them so im not sure if they are improving the make now.. so im jus saving my self the time and sending it back and getting a new on should be here on monday.
    12-20-08 12:56 PM
    Anyone worried about warranty - this sticker doesn't change in appearance when removed with a safety pin. It was easy like others that tried this method said. I noticed an immediate difference as my four corners would not click at all! Now it works like it did right out of the box. It took less than a full turn of the two screws for me to get my screen back.

Just wanted to pass it along for those worried about the little sticker.
    12-21-08 11:20 AM
    wow, this completely fixed my screen. Sticker back like original.
    12-22-08 01:41 AM
    Have T-6, not going to try it. Replacement ships 12/22. I hope it works as good as my fiancee's.
    even on a working screen, this tunes it even better.
    12-22-08 07:16 PM
    works flawlessly its a new phone now. thank you
    12-22-08 10:12 PM
    So I go into a store and ask for a Torx 6 screw driver?
    12-22-08 11:03 PM
    yeah, Ace Hardware has Torx 6 in stock usually
    12-23-08 03:52 AM
    This may be a dumb question, but I read through 10 of the pages and did not see this question arise. Does this fix make the screen more responsive, or does it fix if the screen is tightening up? The bottom left of my screen does not click very well anymore. Will this fix this problem, or should I try to get a replacement even tho my 30 days is up?
    12-24-08 12:13 AM
    it clicks down farther, yielding better response. I did not have a problem with my phone, but I did this, and works great
    12-24-08 12:31 AM
    I got my Storm on Monday. First time BB user, and first time with a phone costing more than $30 after rebate / contract.

The screen clicks well in the corners, middle, etc. Where I have problems is the bottom middle while in portrait. It still clicks, it just takes a bit more pressure.

I am on the fence on doing this. If I damage the sticker, I don't have $500 to replace the device should it break in the future and they void the warrantee on it because of the sticker damage.

Anything to worry about?

Also, does just lossening the one without the sticker do anything?
    12-24-08 08:11 AM
    I am on the fence on doing this. If I damage the sticker, I don't have $500 to replace the device should it break in the future and they void the warrantee on it because of the sticker damage.

Anything to worry about?

Also, does just lossening the one without the sticker do anything?
    Its possible you could void the warranty, but I highly doubt it and it didn't keep ME from removing it.

Its certainly worth a try by loosening one screw, but I don't know if it will work since the problem is in bottom center and logic would suggest that it would take both screws to affect the issue.
    12-24-08 08:36 AM
    I tried this from work and it improved the phone 110% ! I loosened each screw about 1- 1.5 turns.. One of the screws was much looser than the other but after trial and error my screen feels the same on all corners and this tip saved me from getting a replacement phone! Thanks to the OP for helping us all out!
    12-24-08 08:45 AM
    First time poster and BB owner, please forgive me if I am posting on the wrong thread.

I have Storm and it will not consistently type in landscape. Especially the keys around the edges. When I turn to portrait, the keyboard works fine, but in landscape it does not.

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.
    12-24-08 01:26 PM
675 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD