This works great and it fixed my screen problem. The red sticker is a water detection sticker and will not void warranty.

1. Need micro TORX (T6) screw driver and small needle.
    2. Open back and you will see a red sticker and directly across from it you will see a silver screw. Under the red sticker is a identical screw. These 2 screws are screwed on too tight.
    3. Using the small needle, you can take off the sticker for replacement later. Unscrew both screws in SMALL INCREMENTS (Don't worry about them being too loose, they will still be tight) Storms are all not the same, so others might take more turns then others. If you find your screen getting stuck/unresponsive then you unscrewed to far. Screw them back and start over.

4. Replace sticker, screen is fixed. Send a Wonka Bar with a Golden Ticket. I accept paypal.

5. I used to have to fix my console gamepads by doing this, so It just popped in my head to try this an it worked.

6. Enjoy your Storm.

Update: Just a FYI. You don't always have to tweek both screws. A coworker of mine (who I just found out had the storm), just received his third replacement do to the clicking issue. Guy was pretty ****. I found that tweeking both screws on his didn't give the same perfect feel as mine. I also found that keeping the screw (the one under the sticker) normal, and only tweeking the other screw work great for his. Now his is the same as mine. But this goes to show that storms all not all alike, and fine tuning is a must. You just got to take your time.
    Last edited by Jascias; 03-19-09 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Better title
    Deathcommand likes this.
    12-04-08 11:18 PM
    Can anyone else try this to verify. I don't have that screwdriver.
    12-04-08 11:23 PM
    This works great and it fix my screen problem.

1. Need micro star screw driver and small needle.
    2. Open back and you will see a red sticker and directly across from it you will see a silver screw. Under the red sticker is a identical screw. These 2 screw are screwed on too tight.
    3. Using the small needle, you can take off the sticker for replacement later. Unscrew both screws one or two turns (Don't worry about them being too lose, they will still be tight)

4. Replace sticker, screen is fixed.

5. I used to have to fix my console gamepads by doing this, so It just popped in my head to try this an it work.
    Jascias,

What does a "micro star screwdriver" look like? Is it similar to the tiny screwdriver that you use to repair eyeglasses?
    traderdude likes this.
    12-04-08 11:30 PM
    looks like a star or something similiar maybe a torx bit
    12-04-08 11:31 PM
    Jascias,

What does a "micro star screwdriver" look like? Is it similar to the tiny screwdriver that you use to repair eyeglasses?
    yes, it has 6 sides, same one for eyeglasses. Its not a philips, nor a flat head. I bought mine from Sears, but any hardware store will have them.
    Last edited by Jascias; 12-04-08 at 11:37 PM.
    12-04-08 11:35 PM
    its a torx 5 I believe.
    12-04-08 11:36 PM
    So.. does this work? Nobody else verified..
    12-04-08 11:45 PM
    Yep, it's called a TORX.
    12-04-08 11:47 PM
    Are there supposed to be stickers on both screws? Mine only has a sticker on one. Weird.
    12-04-08 11:48 PM
    Are there supposed to be stickers on both screws? Mine only has a sticker on one. Weird.
    No, just one sticker, the other screw is directly across from it. It has no sticker.

Yep, it's called a TORX.
    Thanks, updated first post.
    Last edited by Jascias; 12-04-08 at 11:55 PM.
    12-04-08 11:52 PM
    Do they put the sticker on there for warranty purposes?
    12-04-08 11:53 PM
    Anyone else tried this? I was about to but the smallest I have in the garage is T8... I've got smaller at work though...
    12-04-08 11:56 PM
    interested to see how this works
    12-04-08 11:58 PM
    I think I have a torx. I just don't want to mess with the sticker if it's going to void my warranty or keep me from returning it if I have to.
    12-05-08 12:01 AM
    The sticker is REALLY easy to take off intact.. im charging my camera ill take a pic asap. Also, the smallest i have is a T10 so i cant test this theory yet either..
    12-05-08 12:02 AM
    I think I have a torx. I just don't want to mess with the sticker if it's going to void my warranty or keep me from returning it if I have to.
    If your careful enough, it can be removed and replaced. My sticker looks the same as before I tried this.
    12-05-08 12:03 AM
    Heres the pic i promised:
    12-05-08 12:12 AM
    You guys who have the messed up screens, are you just going to put up with it and use the business card fix or have you ordered new ones and are just waiting?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-08 12:14 AM
    I am going to just do the business card fix. My phone works flawless in all other areas and don't see it neccessary to get a replacement. I've had major trouble with a lot of phones being it software or hardware issues and I could put up with having a card in the back of my battery that no one will see or notice.
    12-05-08 12:17 AM
    I am going to just do the business card fix. My phone works flawless in all other areas and don't see it neccessary to get a replacement. I've had major trouble with a lot of phones being it software or hardware issues and I could put up with having a card in the back of my battery that no one will see or notice.
    The possible problem with having the card fix is that, over time, there could be long term issues caused by the cards pushing on the hardware. (Kinda like a bending effect you get when you place phones in your back pocket every day)
    Last edited by Jascias; 12-05-08 at 12:31 AM.
    12-05-08 12:28 AM
    You guys who have the messed up screens, are you just going to put up with it and use the business card fix or have you ordered new ones and are just waiting?

I am, because this fixes the problem the right way.

I have learned that many manufactures release products with over tighten screws. I don't know why. There was a button on my air conditioner that was hard to press. The culprit? A SCREW. To fix this problem all they need to do is change the manufacture process, and loosing the screws to a degree. Problem solve, and no more wasting money on replacments.
    Last edited by Jascias; 12-05-08 at 12:42 AM.
    12-05-08 12:37 AM
    The possible problem with having the card fix is that, over time, there could be long term issues caused by the cards pushing on the hardware. (Kinda like a bending effect you get when you place phones in your back pocket every day)
    Well I have it on top of the battery, and if it comes time that it does mess up the phone even more, then my insurance will be useful
    12-05-08 12:39 AM
    Wow I am definitely trying this tomorrow at work. I will let you all know my results when I try!

12-05-08 12:49 AM
    Just tested, its a T6 Torx screw. I did the non-stickered side a half turn and it kinda made a difference but couldn't tell for sure. So I went all out and did another full turn and it TOTALLY makes a difference. I'm not saying its an entirely new screen but it makes enough of a difference that I'll be leaving it that way
    I never did the business card trick but this definitely makes the screen easier to click, it takes less pressure, and the edges click the same as the middle now. I did a couple typing tests flipping the phone in landscape and typing the same sentences. It is WAY easier to type on the side I've loosened versus the side with the sticker. I'm about to lift the sticker and do the other side.

Thanks Jascias!!
    Last edited by tgreathead; 12-05-08 at 01:40 AM.
    12-05-08 01:09 AM
    Did the sticker side. Jascias wasn't kidding, removing the sticker with a pin is super easy if you just go slow. Here's a pic of the sticker on the pin. Terrible photo, I know, the flash blew it out:
    12-05-08 01:40 AM
675 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD