Recently I have noticed that when I click my storm (or even lightly tap for that matter) near the send, bb, etc buttons, it makes an unusual sound. It sounds like the screen is sticking to something or maybe the dirt under the screen is causing it. When i blow into the open area between the screen and the buttons it seems to work fine. However, after a minute or so it starts making this sound again. The only thing I am sure of is that it is a hardware problem. Anybody else experience this?
    04-02-09 10:35 PM
    is it causing the phone to do anything different?
    04-02-09 10:37 PM
    Not really causing the phone to do anything different. It doesnt cause any accuracy problems in terms of clicking, just makes the unusual sound.
    04-02-09 10:39 PM
    Yeah. Dont let it bother you. All of the Storms Ive owned make that simular sound and all are not as "clicky" at the bottem, like the rest of the phone is. Just learned to live with it. Although I will say..........

With this Replacement I have, I just got it a week ago. The screen doesnt jiggle like my original did. It doesnt have Black Presser looking spots at the bottem, like my original did. The screen has NO DUST in it, like my original did. The quality just feels more solid then the original. I think RIM actually got these bugs ironed out. It was a replacement FRU unit, but is A LOT better then my Original. I take it Verizon sends them to RIM and RIM fixes them and probably makes adjustments, then sends it back.
    04-02-09 10:44 PM
    Take a look at this photo of the storm taken apart. Theres a plate behind the screen but if you look near where the send button would be there is a giant hole. This causes a different feel depending on where you click.
    BlackBerry Storm's clickable screen (and the rest of it) dissected, exposed
    04-02-09 10:46 PM
    Yeah. Dont let it bother you. All of the Storms Ive owned make that simular sound and all are not as "clicky" at the bottem, like the rest of the phone is. Just learned to live with it. Although I will say..........

With this Replacement I have, I just got it a week ago. The screen doesnt jiggle like my original did. It doesnt have Black Presser looking spots at the bottem, like my original did. The screen has NO DUST in it, like my original did. The quality just feels more solid then the original. I think RIM actually got these bugs ironed out. It was a replacement FRU unit, but is A LOT better then my Original. I take it Verizon sends them to RIM and RIM fixes them and probably makes adjustments, then sends it back.
    Yeah I was thinking of a replacement, but my storm has been great since I got it on Christmas. It was one of the Storms that we pre-ordered and it was still great. We'll see where it goes.
    04-02-09 10:50 PM
    Take a look at this photo of the storm taken apart. Theres a plate behind the screen but if you look near where the send button would be there is a giant hole. This causes a different feel depending on where you click.
    BlackBerry Storm's clickable screen (and the rest of it) dissected, exposed
    Hey, that's a cool picture of the Storm dissected. Never saw that before. It actually explains a lot about why the click feel is different towards the bottom area of the screen (by the buttons).
    04-02-09 11:02 PM
    I've noticed the same thing about 2-3 days ago. I'm trying to ignore it, but the problem is there nonetheless.
    04-02-09 11:08 PM
    I bought my from Best Buy and the guy I was talking to said he had the same issue, so I bought the very last one. Stupid me I noticed the box had been opened. Got it home and within a week/two weeks I noticed very distinctly that it was the same issue the guy told me about. Took it to a verizon store and the guy there had a storm as well, his (and my brothers for that matter) were very solid and was not acting up like that.

The screen on that one was weird and VERY loose it shifted all around but the guy at the verizon store only shifted up and down ever so slightly. Anyhow it took me forever to find a store that carried the storm and when I did they gave me a run around like it's not our fault. I called Bull and told them to replace it. My second was is 100% better. No clicking noises, but my screen is still very loose which I can not stand.

My suggestion is if it bugs you take it back, there is no reason why you should have to live with it. You paid money for something and if it is not the quality you want send it back and get another one. If you have to send it to RIM.

Actually I want to get a different one cause the screen issue, Terrigno how long have you had your storm before you got it replaced for your new one? Was it still in the 30 "trial" period?
    04-03-09 12:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD