I agree totally. That's why I've never (don't think anyway) posted a COMPLAINT about the SurePress, but there are lists upon lists of "I wish the phone did..." requests/suggestions which many of the software and hardware developers take into account. I'm not complaining about SurePress, I would just love there to be an option to disable it temporarily no different than I wish I could turn the screen brightness down lower than 10% (church issue also).
    I wonder if a privacy screen would help with your church (bright screen) issue?

Amazon.com: Privacy Screen Filter for Blackberry Storm 9500: Cell Phones & Service
    Last edited by dave1812; 06-07-10 at 09:49 AM.
    06-07-10 09:47 AM
    I would think at 99% transparent, I would still be lighting the place up at 10% brightness. I'm like a lighthouse beacon in a dark sanctuary (not in the Biblical sense of course). It's pretty funny though to look across the room and see other lit up as well.
    06-07-10 10:00 AM
    I agree with the OP. There are times when the click sound is annoying.
    06-07-10 10:01 AM
    Stop griping!
    06-07-10 10:02 AM
    I would think at 99% transparent, I would still be lighting the place up at 10% brightness. I'm like a lighthouse beacon in a dark sanctuary (not in the Biblical sense of course). It's pretty funny though to look across the room and see other lit up as well.
    but off-axis light output should be sharply limited. also, privacy screens I've seen transmit a lot less than 99%, IMO.
    06-07-10 10:07 AM
    maybe worth giving it a shot. Then at least the folks next to me would be spared the glare. I just removed the last screen protector I had on...forgot how much I love the shiny glass without one...fingerprints, not so much.

Sorry OP...hijack unintentional.
    06-07-10 10:09 AM
    Why is everyone so touchy? I think the OP likes that the screen physically clicks, but doesn't really want to HEAR it clicking. It's an idea, a thought...no need jump on them for that.
    06-07-10 11:48 AM
    Like others, I'm surprised at the response to the OP. Ok, so perhaps he had not really thought out the sound the SP would make, or how that might apply to his everyday environment. There's nothing wrong with that and it's certainly no reason to jump his case for stating he wished there was an option.

I don't think it was possible to further research all of the attributes, the pros and cons, etc. of the Storm 1 before I purchased mine on release day. I had about as much forewarning as I possibly could. AFTER my purchase though, I discovered a few surprises, either things I had not anticipated or, things I had not read about. That doesn't mean I was unhappy (I wasn't, kept it from release day until the Storm 2 came out and then bought that), it simply means that I had a few "Oh, huh..." moments.

Personally, I love SP, it's a great component for me, but then, I don't go to church, lol.
    06-07-10 11:56 AM
    Why is everyone so touchy? I think the OP likes that the screen physically clicks, but doesn't really want to HEAR it clicking. It's an idea, a thought...no need jump on them for that.
    Well said!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-10 11:57 AM
    I think you guys are mistaking me for the OP (even though I'm in the same boat). Don't know if he goes to church ;-)

on a side note: i got my S2 replacement about a week ago (bad speaker issue) and it has the new screen dampners....OMG what a difference in feel AND SOUND. Superb update to the hardware RIM.
    06-07-10 11:58 AM
    My bad, but these threads typically tend to roam all over the place.

Congrats on the new phone. I returned my original back when it was first announced that VZW was offering replacements for screen clicking problems. I received my replacement and, like you, I was astounded at the difference. I described it as "so smooth, my fingers almost slide off the screen" lol.

I never had a speaker issue, though I have heard numerous reports from others who have.

I'm still not impressed with sound, especially bluetooth, which was fine until VZW upgraded to OS .607. Two steps forward, one backward ::: sigh :::

I think you guys are mistaking me for the OP (even though I'm in the same boat). Don't know if he goes to church ;-)

on a side note: i got my S2 replacement about a week ago (bad speaker issue) and it has the new screen dampners....OMG what a difference in feel AND SOUND. Superb update to the hardware RIM.
    06-07-10 12:46 PM
    so with that logic, I guess I should appeal to Steve Jobs to include a click screen on the iPhone 5????
    Go for it.
    06-07-10 06:46 PM
    Go for it.
    nah--somehow I think he doesn't give a flying crap about a screen like the Storm's.
    06-07-10 07:11 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD