Will RIM ever release a Software update so the the S2 Screen will not click or have the option to turn it on and off. I like the click but when I am in a silent room you can hear it. Is it possible for software to disable this noise?
    I like the feel knowing I hit a "button" but would like the option.
    ***RIM if YOU read this you need to release a optional software to turn in on or off.
    06-06-10 01:46 PM
    Nobody knows what RIM will do, but I doubt they will ever offer that option. It should be possible now, but SurePress is RIM's baby and their way to differentiate from the others, so I think they want to keep us clicking.

FWIW, when I just tap on a touch screen it is almost as loud as pressing anyway. In fact, tapping on our iPhonr is even louder I think.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-10 02:17 PM
    its a good idea but I doubt we will see it on the 9550..They will probably need to come out with another device for that..
    06-06-10 02:22 PM
    You want a non-clicker, get an iPhone or Droid.

Owning a Storm and complaining about the clicking is like buying a Corvette and then ******** about the lack of trunk space.
    06-06-10 03:21 PM
    Yes this is true, but like I said I like the click I just don't like when i am in a silent room its loud.
    06-06-10 03:23 PM
    Yes this is true, but like I said I like the click I just don't like when i am in a silent room its loud.
    I like it. Call it "toilet crapper mode". For those times your at work and want to type while in the crapper. Heck, why don't they make a silent flush for the toilet. At times, I don't want the toilet to make noise.

The way I see it, RIM created a touch screen hardware keyboard when they created surepress. You either like it or you on't. Nobody would ever request a hardware keyboard to have a silent click.
    Last edited by leglace; 06-06-10 at 08:28 PM.
    06-06-10 03:26 PM
    Kinda like when you are at the supermarket and want to buy 10 bags of groceries, eh? The phone IS what it IS.

I wouldn't (nor would my wife) have been at all interested in the Storm if it had a run of the mill non-feedback screen. I have a Touch and can't type on it for crap because there's no feedback.
    06-06-10 03:27 PM
    [QUOTE=dave1812;5207021]You want a non-clicker, get an iPhone or Droid. [QUOTE]

EXACTLY!!! the fact that the screen is full touch to select then a click to engage is what separates the strom 2 from the so called "competition"!
    06-06-10 03:44 PM
    Yes I do agree. I like the technology it makes it feel like you have a more efficient email. Just saying and know OS creators feed off these boards so, am just saying like lots of others I would love to see a option to turn off the click.
    06-06-10 06:59 PM
    I understand what you're saying. I don't know why some users are giving you a hard time about this.

Making the press of the screen optional would only appeal to the 9550's consumer appeal, since it would be the "best of both worlds."
    06-06-10 07:24 PM
    I understand what you're saying. I don't know why some users are giving you a hard time about this.

Making the press of the screen optional would only appeal to the 9550's consumer appeal, since it would be the "best of both worlds."
    so with that logic, I guess I should appeal to Steve Jobs to include a click screen on the iPhone 5????
    06-06-10 07:25 PM
    Now well if RIM was a creator not the follower that would be different. I give them credit to have a media device that is for business users. Maybe over time they will be able to compete in other channels but thats not where there mind is set.
    06-06-10 07:51 PM
    How is RIM a "follower"? What came first, RIM or the infernal Jesus Phone??

And if you don't like where their "mind is at", don't participate.
    06-06-10 08:11 PM
    I am not saying they are a follower of cell phones, yes blackberry has been around for long before them, correct.. What came out first a Iphone or a Blackberry touch screen with a clicking mechanism that didn't have market share??? The S2 is a great improvement and I do like what they did. But its cool you dislike Apple i get it. Everyone uses Microsoft Yes, Macs are to complicating and virus free I understand.
    I was simply stating that the click COULD be an OPTION and APPLE has a touch screen phone 1st.
    06-06-10 08:30 PM
    I am not saying they are a follower of cell phones, yes blackberry has been around for long before them, correct.. What came out first a Iphone or a Blackberry touch screen with a clicking mechanism that didn't have market share??? The S2 is a great improvement and I do like what they did. But its cool you dislike Apple i get it. Everyone uses Microsoft Yes, Macs are to complicating and virus free I understand.
    I was simply stating that the click COULD be an OPTION and APPLE has a touch screen phone 1st.
    The reasons I dislike Apple are many. I won't bore everyone here with the list. Having said that, my wife and I own 10 iPods--the ONLY apple products that we own.
    06-06-10 09:48 PM
    Noodle I'm sorry but your argument fails. How do you figure RIM is a follower but Apple is not? The iPhone was not the first touch screen cell phone so by your logic, Apple is also a follower. Even more so than RIM. At least RIM came up with a new input/feedback system for a touch screen device. Apple didn't innovate the touch screen at all. I'm speaking of the screen itself not the OS or the phone itself.

I don't dislike Apple so I'm not just hating here. I don't blame Apple for jumping on the touch screen bandwagon nor do I blame RIM or Android for doing the same. As a business, you are stupid if you aren't producing what is popular. Touch screens are the "it" phones to have right now (and will probably remain so for a long time), so of course more companies are producing them. They aren't "followers" they are businessmen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-10 11:14 PM
    You want a non-clicker, get an iPhone or Droid.

Owning a Storm and complaining about the clicking is like buying a Corvette and then ******** about the lack of trunk space.
    Wrong.

Again, why are so many people on here so ignorant?

Not everyone bought a Storm2 for the Surepress click screen, I sure didn't...

I DID however buy it for the larger screen!
    06-07-10 07:19 AM
    I love my S2...LOVE it. I'd love it even MORE if I could optionally turn the SurePress off. Forget the argument about what sets the S2 apart, or people saying "stop texting in your meetings" etc. There are plenty of reasons to want to reduce the noise of the device. For me, I use my S2 in church, not as a texting device, but it has my Bible on it with my note-taking app. When all of you folks that knock a guy for wanting a change to his device find the perfect device, you let us know, because I'd be willing to bet that each of you at some point wanted something changed about your Berry. It just happens that for this guy (and myself) it's the SurePress noise.
    06-07-10 08:53 AM
    I love my S2...LOVE it. I'd love it even MORE if I could optionally turn the SurePress off. Forget the argument about what sets the S2 apart, or people saying "stop texting in your meetings" etc. There are plenty of reasons to want to reduce the noise of the device. For me, I use my S2 in church, not as a texting device, but it has my Bible on it with my note-taking app. When all of you folks that knock a guy for wanting a change to his device find the perfect device, you let us know, because I'd be willing to bet that each of you at some point wanted something changed about your Berry. It just happens that for this guy (and myself) it's the SurePress noise.
    I don't mind the click in church. It kinda ticks off the "holier than thou" hypocrites. But at work I don't want to tick off the boss.
    06-07-10 09:08 AM
    I don't mind the click in church. It kinda ticks off the "holier than thou" hypocrites. But at work I don't want to tick off the boss.
    Buwaahhah!
    06-07-10 09:09 AM
    You bought the phone knowing it makes a clicking sound and then you come here to gripe about it. That makes PERFECT sense!!
    06-07-10 09:16 AM
    What came first the chicken or the egg? What's the difference? We are all entitled to our opinions folks, it does not mean anyone's is any less valid! Some think (like me) that sure press is pretty damn good, while other thing it was an EPIC fail. Would it have been cool if RIM made it an option to turn it on and off? SURE, but unfortunately they didn't!

We can discuss this topic, but lets be cool with each other while we do so OK!!!! Thanks!
    06-07-10 09:24 AM
    Hey Dave-O....
    I'm not griping! Did you not read the part about "I LOVE it?" I even like SurePress a lot...when I want it there.

Have you NEVER found something with your phone that you wish were different?

I bet you wish you could create email folders or recover deleted emails:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/2-...es-ago-457146/

or that the OEM leather holster was better:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f152/ba...olster-440024/

or maybe that your phone didnt stick on speakerphone:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/to...oblems-437994/

I especially like that part where you say:
    "For anyone who wonders why I often hate my BB, this should give you a hint"

and...
    "Oh, and let me get this out of the way up front. You smug Storm owners who claim your phone NEVER messes up irritate the rest of us who have glitches. Either you are lying, or you just want to act superior. Either way, I don't like your attitude when someone mentions Storm problems."

Hypocrite
    06-07-10 09:25 AM
    Complaining about a defect in a product makes plenty of sense. Buying a product with a KNOWN feature, and then complaining endlessly about it makes zero sense to me. It's not like the phone is going to be recalled so that it stops clicking. If I want a vehicle with cargo space, I buy a Minivan--not a sports car...
    06-07-10 09:34 AM
    I agree totally. That's why I've never (don't think anyway) posted a COMPLAINT about the SurePress, but there are lists upon lists of "I wish the phone did..." requests/suggestions which many of the software and hardware developers take into account. I'm not complaining about SurePress, I would just love there to be an option to disable it temporarily no different than I wish I could turn the screen brightness down lower than 10% (church issue also).
    06-07-10 09:39 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD