Hey. I noticed there's a lot of smudges and stuff I guess just thats what everyone goes through with touchscreen phones. So I just am using this screen cleaning cleaner from staples. It says it's for computer monitors, laptop and lcd screens, and tv screens. Sounds ok? I just spray a little on a soft glasses rag and wipe it. Thanks in advance.
    03-14-09 12:07 AM
    you should be fine, i use windex lol
    03-14-09 12:35 AM
    Make sure it is cotton, paper products will scratch as will any non natural clothing (polyester, rayon, nylon)
    03-14-09 12:38 AM
    just get a screen protector...I would not advise using any type of chemical on any touch screen
    03-14-09 12:55 AM
    If you aren't using a screen protector, like me, then try an automotive microfiber detailing cloth... Works WITHOUT ANY chemical in less than 10 seconds. It's awesome. You can get them under $5.
    03-14-09 01:11 AM
    I have tons of those microfiber towels. Thanks so much. Also I took the screen protector that came with it off because it was bubbling badly. I bought the ones at the store and they are tough to get on so I'm going to eventually go to verizon for them to put one on. I also have noticed that without a screen protector the smudges and marks are annoying. You basically always need to wipe it so I'm definitely going to try to get to verizon soon. Thanks everyone.
    03-14-09 02:00 AM
    I have tons of those microfiber towels. Thanks so much. Also I took the screen protector that came with it off because it was bubbling badly. I bought the ones at the store and they are tough to get on so I'm going to eventually go to verizon for them to put one on. I also have noticed that without a screen protector the smudges and marks are annoying. You basically always need to wipe it so I'm definitely going to try to get to verizon soon. Thanks everyone.
    I haven't had screen protector on it for about 6 weeks now and not one scratch whatsoever. The ONLY problem is, I agree, the fingerprints and smudges. But I have gotten used to it. You can only really see the crap when the backlight is off and the light is on in the room or you are outside.

Applying the screen protectors really isn't that hard. Some dude on here actually has a pretty good YouTube video on how to install them with a slight mist to get it positioned on there, like how window tint it applied. He also uses cut pieces of paper to ensure none gets in between the cracks. Do it while the phone is off and you'll be fine as long as you don't saturate it.

The ONLY thing I don't like about the aftermarket screen protectors, from what I have found while using one on the company Storm, is that after the last six weeks, it has accumulated lots of little fuzzes and lints around the edges of the protector from the adhesive I guess.... Either way, no protector is the way I have preferred it.
    03-14-09 02:05 AM
    Yea that's why I haven't been to the verizon store. Without it it is so clear. And it doesn't scratch! I looked at it in the light and not one scratch. But why? I have had other phones and the screen scratched so easily. It really isn't that big of a deal to have a screen protector on. I'm just going to have a little microfiber towel or somethinng and just wipe it a lot but I rather have smudges that come off than scratches that won't. Thanks.
    03-14-09 03:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD