Well Its not an emergency but today I noticed my first scratch on the storm near the ear speaker. I have a rumberized case and a holster. How do you keep your storms from scratching. The scratch is small and barely visible and id like to keep it that way.
    02-26-09 02:22 PM
    My storm is only two weeks old and there are so many hairline scratches all over the screen already. I keep it in the case when out so I am not sure how to avoid this. Any tips?
    02-26-09 02:27 PM
    My storm is only two weeks old and there are so many hairline scratches all over the screen already. I keep it in the case when out so I am not sure how to avoid this. Any tips?
    theres a guy on yourtube that TRIES to scratch his screen a sharp knife and keys, and did now damage, yet we get hairline scratches. what gives? we are going to have to get a car buffer and buff the scratches out!
    02-26-09 02:31 PM
    Screen protectors probably is one the best ways, I think its pretty near imposible to keep any BB device screen sratch free I have an otterbox for my curve and it is great

We've Got Technology Covered // OtterBox.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 02:33 PM
    Maybe thats the nature of the beast. I put a screen protector on what is exposed. Tacky but it works.
    02-26-09 02:51 PM
    Yep, hairline scratches for me too. Still prefer to keep it naked though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 03:21 PM
    Remember that a new Storm comes with OEM screen protector installed on it. Mine shows screen scratches even before activating it (really thought that VZW was giving me a used one). But when then I noticed a tiny bubble on the screen, I realized the OEM screen protector was on (not exactly professionally installed IMO).

I read from other threads that many people removed the OEM screen protector and have been very happy, as the glass screen surface is apparently very durable and does not easily scratch.

I myself will keep the OEM screen protector until the time it bothers me.

For the body, I use the silicone skin sold by VZW. It attracts lint/dust (due to its somewhat sticky/rubbery surface) but provides the body with overall protection.
    Last edited by PeekPoke; 02-26-09 at 03:26 PM.
    02-26-09 03:24 PM
    Yeah. i just kept the one on that was on when i bought it. Its holding up.
    02-26-09 03:28 PM
    I used the Verizon screen protector. First...It worked great but was oily all the time and easily smeared. Second...My responsiveness on the keys went down a bit. Eventually, I took it off and pitched the sp. While it's naked now...it's still clear and sharp. Even with tiny scratches...I'll leave the sp off.
    02-26-09 03:54 PM
    I love my invisishield and I would recommmend it to anyone. It covers almost the whole phone and comes with a lifetime replacement. Well worth it in my opinion.
    02-26-09 03:58 PM
    whomever is complaining of scratches on the screen needs to remove the protector that comes with the phone. the glass does not scratch, 2 days before I was gonna replace my phone anyway due to dust under the screen I took a screwdriver, a knife, sandpaper, steele wool and a few other things I don't remember and TRYED to scratch the screen. IT IS GLASS, UNLESS YOU ARE RUBBING A DIAMOND RING ON IT YOU WILL NOT GET A SCRATCH.
    02-26-09 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD