I've had the phone for about a week now, its been perfect.. But today I put it in my pocket and when I took it out... There were scratches on the top of the phone. Basically where it says BlackBerry .. Now the thing is you can only see the scratches when its under a light....
    What I would like to know is I just ordered bestskinever.. Do you think after I apply it you will still see the little scratches?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-08 03:43 AM
    I've had the phone for about a week now, its been perfect.. But today I put it in my pocket and when I took it out... There were scratches on the top of the phone. Basically where it says BlackBerry .. Now the thing is you can only see the scratches when its under a light....
    What I would like to know is I just ordered bestskinever.. Do you think after I apply it you will still see the little scratches?

Hard to say, the thin film may mask the scratches (pending if there deep scratches or soft surface type scratches). I have a soft case for mine and it helps tremendously with scratches.
    12-29-08 03:59 AM
    BSE should mask light scratches. alternatively, you could also buy a replacement...

BlackBerry Storm 9500/9530 OEM top cover- NEC, Acer, Microsoft, Motorola, SonyEricsson, HTC, Accessories Store, BenQ-Sieme
    Last edited by changal; 12-29-08 at 12:31 PM.
    12-29-08 04:12 AM
    Good to know....I hadn't seen replacement parts out there yet. Thanks for the heads up
    12-29-08 04:22 AM
    Don't you still have the stock skin that the storm came with or did you already take it off?

12-29-08 05:01 AM
    I just buffed out the screen on my Curve, this past week!

I used something called Flitz, it a rubbing compound, but hard to find. Brass-O would probably work too!

I use cotton balls and Q-tips to apply and buff the screen. It works slicker than snot!

12-29-08 05:16 AM
    Man I just went outside and while out there got a email pulled my storm out the case and it slipped out my hand and landed on the face side.... no scratches on the screen but scratched all 4 corners.... need some touch-up paint... LMAO.... going to verizon and getting more screen protectors and that clear protector ASAP...
    12-29-08 06:02 AM
    I nuts about my phone, ITS the SMALLEST Scraches, you gotta rotate it it in the light to actually see it
    12-29-08 12:29 PM
    How hard do you think it is to install this?
    12-29-08 12:31 PM
    I think any of the shinny or glossy surfaces on the Storm will eventually get "swirl" marks on them. Just a matter of time
    12-29-08 01:06 PM
    My BSE hid a couple of light scratches, I was very happy.
    12-29-08 01:10 PM
    How hard do you think it is to install this?
    not too hard as long as you have the right tool. you need something like the tool below (or any thin, rigid plastic edge) to pry off the current cover - it's held on with a few small clips and double sided tape.

Last edited by changal; 12-29-08 at 01:18 PM.
    12-29-08 01:15 PM
    Not good, hate scratches. When I bought my phone from Best Buy, I had them put on the screen protector and bout a case, now I bought a universal belt holder for it as well....I dont want scratches on a 500.00 phone
    12-29-08 01:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD