Actually scratched the screen. Worked long hours and didn't get in til 7am. Tossed the phone on the dresser and when I woke up there are two small scratches in the screen. The phone was sitting next to a pair of nail clippers so best I can figure is it grazed the clippers blade when I tossed it.
    Oh well. Sucks to be me. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 05:18 PM
    Actually scratched the screen. Worked long hours and didn't get in til 7am. Tossed the phone on the dresser and when I woke up there are two small scratches in the screen. The phone was sitting next to a pair of nail clippers so best I can figure is it grazed the clippers blade when I tossed it.
    Oh well. Sucks to be me. Lol

Screen protector dude. I got 4 scratches on my last protector....not one on the screen.

05-23-09 06:13 PM
    I'm using invisible shield and it is truly scratch proof. Its the best thing I've ever had on a phone sorry to hear about ur screen.

05-23-09 06:16 PM
    Are you sure your Storm doesn't have a pre-installed screen protector and the scratches aren't really on the screen? As far as I know, Storms come with pre-installed ones. All of my Storms, even warranty replacements have had them on.

05-23-09 06:18 PM
    Are you sure your Storm doesn't have a pre-installed screen protector and the scratches aren't really on the screen? As far as I know, Storms come with pre-installed ones. All of my Storms, even warranty replacements have had them on.

The 2 i bought didn't.

05-23-09 06:21 PM
    There's a youtube video floating around of a guy going at his screen with a pretty hefty looking blade.

HARD.

You sure it's not the screen protector mate?
    05-23-09 06:25 PM
    Yeah positive. When I run my fingernail across u can feel the dent on the glass. Also I can see the reflection on the bottom of the glass.

05-23-09 06:41 PM
    That really sucks. I was scared that would happen to mine when I got it, and since the entire phone runs through the screen...well yeah. I bought my screen protector for cheap from BlackBerry Storm Cases. So far it's been perfect, no complaints here...
    05-26-09 04:01 PM
    i think the new ones have good screens because when i got a replacement for my 1st one i decided to take a steak knife to it just to test the unscratchabality of the screen and i tried to scratch that thing with everything i could including nails and my watch band, with no scratches at all. on my replacemnt storms ive noticed the screen is alot easier to scratch because every one ive sent back since has had a scatch at some point on the screen and idk why that is(one i had for a week and it stayed in my soft jeans back pocket almost its whole life, what happens... 2 big gashes on the screen.

was it the orriginal or a refurb?
    05-26-09 08:27 PM
    This was the refurb. I guess ur thesis is correct. Lol

05-26-09 09:27 PM
    i have no idea why but it seems to be true for me so thats how i got that conclusion, who knows...
    05-27-09 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD