found this youtube video where dude takes a knife to the screen trying to scratch it and it doesnt. Trying to see if any experienced Storm users can vouch... seems like a screen protector is pointless...

also is this dudes clicking video legit?

would post a link but apparently need 10 posts for this privilege

briances911 is the user name
    12-15-08 01:34 AM
    The screen is glass. Unless you plan on rubbing diamonds against the screen or dropping it pretty hard onto concrete, the screen will be pretty safe from scratches.
    12-15-08 01:38 AM
    .... im pretty sure the video you are referring to is the one that another crackberry member made...

The screen isnt invincible.... but its pretty hard to scratch. Same with the iphone. There are videos of people doing scratch tests with knives and what not and it doesnt show any scratches. The fact of the matter is, it will eventually scratch but its not gonna be easy.
    12-15-08 01:39 AM
    .... im pretty sure the video you are referring to is the one that another crackberry member made...

The screen isnt invincible.... but its pretty hard to scratch. Same with the iphone. There are videos of people doing scratch tests with knives and what not and it doesnt show any scratches. The fact of the matter is, it will eventually scratch but its not gonna be easy.

I woudln't even say eventually..

my 1.5 year iphone is crystal clear as day one in and out of my pockets all the time.. with keys and everything..
    12-15-08 02:37 AM
    My friend has and iphone and she has a scratch across the screen I recommend a protector just in case

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-08 03:54 AM
    That was me.....
    12-15-08 04:31 AM
    I'm actually shocked by how tough this screen is. I've had many devices, and regardless of how well I take care of them, they always manage to get some unwanted scratches. I don't want to jinx myself, but take it from me, this thing is unbelievably tough.

Don't ask how it happened, but it fell out my window (second floor) -- a few bumps and hits as it made it's way to the floor and would you believe me if I said not a single scratch on the screen? The worse it received was a mark on the back of the device that can be easily missed.

I most likely got lucky so nobody get any crazy ideas
    12-15-08 05:03 AM
    to many people think because its glass it cant or wont scratch. look at the windshield of your car. there be scratches. your phone wont go through what a windshield does. just saying it can and will scratch over time. most screen protectors you cant even tell they are on anyway. so why not.
    12-15-08 05:45 AM
    Plus screen protectors a great when it comes to cleaning fingerprints etc.
    12-15-08 05:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD