When I unboxed my phone (yes, immediately after unboxing it) I noticed what looked like a small scratch on the screen. I got a similar scratch on my Nintendo DS Lite, which also had a screen protector on it. My friend told me that the "scratch" on the DS was actually just a scratch on the screen protector. I don't like replacing screen protectors unless absolutely necessary, so I took her word for it.

Would you say it's the same with my Storm and that the scratch is on the screen protector and not the screen itself? Or should I be worried? I don't want to take this screen protector off to check unless I get a new one... so I may have to do that.
    01-29-09 05:42 PM
    Yes, the screen protectors that come on the phone generally scratch very easily.
    01-29-09 05:45 PM
    In a situation like this you are going to have to remve the screen protector and check it for yourself. It would be impossible for someone to give you the right answer unless they can see the phone.
    01-29-09 05:47 PM
    In a situation like this you are going to have to remve the screen protector and check it for yourself. It would be impossible for someone to give you the right answer unless they can see the phone.
    I could post a high resolution picture. :P
    In fact, I will later (have an errand to run first).

I just wanted to get a general consensus on the following:
    1. Do the screen protectors get scratched?
    2. If so, is the screen underneath usually still fine?
    01-29-09 06:04 PM
    I could post a high resolution picture. :P
    In fact, I will later (have an errand to run first).

I just wanted to get a general consensus on the following:
    1. Do the screen protectors get scratched?
    2. If so, is the screen underneath usually still fine?
    1. Yes BIGTIME, an easily
    2. I havn't seen a scratched storm screen yet (I'm a vzw salesperson)
    01-29-09 06:09 PM
    I am now looking into another screen protector. I am not OCD but I do like my things to look as good as possible. I recently upgraded to the storm but so far its going uphill.

First, I noticed a tiny chip on the side and figured I would bring it to a vzw store and get it replaced. It was not a big deal and in no way hindered any of the phones functions but I paid a good amount for the phone, options, insurance and accessories. ( I bought the Jawbone package, the case that comes with it is useless and the Jawbone has too much static that might be due to the Storm or Jawbone)

In under 3 minutes I was turned away. They said I dropped it??? This took them under a minute to look at, even though the phone was purchased less than a day before (I still have my 2 yrs old BB 8800 that is in great condition.)

Although I resigned from going any further to get the phone itself replaced I did notice that there was a registration message on my phone with a date of a month before I purchased it. I am just crossing my fingers that nothing else goes bad since I don't want to be out another $50 to replace "me" dropping it.

to make a long story short I researched as best I could and would def recommend getting a case and screen protector ASAP.

I like the bodyguardz or ivisashield along with the Seido Spring-Clip holster myself but to each their own.
    01-30-09 02:42 PM
    Ehh no need for screen protectors...... Maybe protectors for the body but not the main screen.... they cut down the resolution to much....
    01-30-09 02:46 PM
    I have had touch screen PDA phones for over 5 years now. I always use screen protectors and they do the job. I have never scratched the actual screen and I am a heavy user on my phones.
    Yester...I have never noticed a decrease in screen resolution. Is that even possible? I don't think so.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-09 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD