17 31.48%
  • Me Rocks Neither

0 0%
    What do folks use bb maps & gps for? Just curious
    01-18-09 10:22 PM
    What do folks use bb maps & gps for? Just curious
    Weatherbug.
    01-19-09 08:50 AM
    By the way, you can see street views in fullscreen. Just press the BB button -> expand.

I feel like an *****. Thanks for the tip.

Edit: idi0t is a bad word I guess.
    01-19-09 10:12 AM
    LOL!

Really stayed away from 3rd party apps to keep the sweet smoothness of my storm going while my storm warmed up to new Oses. Just starting to branch out and add apps.

Still, I'm beta testing an app right now so I dont want to try anything out at the same time. Thought I do some research and see what others have experienced. Seems mixed so far.

About to dump bb maps and wait out for some more thoughts on this thread about ggogle maps and street view.
    Rooster, just FYI I cannot remember what it is but I think Weatherbug and not sure if any other programs out there require BB Maps to be installed in order to function and work properly. Do not know the reason for that but I would assume that it probably uses BB Maps for the location via GPS to bring the local weather where you are located at.

Again I do not know if that is correct but I do remember seeing a couple posts one of them being WeatherBug requires BB Maps in order to work properly.

Just some food for thought if you do decide to get rid of BB Maps. By the way I love Google Maps however I dont have it installed because of the lack of GPS for the time being. I used it all the time on my Curve.

Hows that beta testing going
    01-19-09 11:42 AM
    Rooster, just FYI I cannot remember what it is but I think Weatherbug and not sure if any other programs out there require BB Maps to be installed in order to function and work properly. Do not know the reason for that but I would assume that it probably uses BB Maps for the location via GPS to bring the local weather where you are located at.

Again I do not know if that is correct but I do remember seeing a couple posts one of them being WeatherBug requires BB Maps in order to work properly.

Just some food for thought if you do decide to get rid of BB Maps. By the way I love Google Maps however I dont have it installed because of the lack of GPS for the time being. I used it all the time on my Curve.

Hows that beta testing going
    Good post. I dont use weatherbug or weather apps, really no need for me. Get it off my 'puter which I am on ALL THE FREAKIN" TIME!

Anyone know of any other apps that use bb maps? I dumped it already but may throw it back on depending what I hear here.
    01-19-09 01:51 PM
    Google maps is great, but like others have said, until they get the GPS working, I will continue to use BB maps.
    01-19-09 03:20 PM
    I prefer BB Maps for the View on Map feature from the Geo Tagging of Pics!
    01-19-09 03:27 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD