05-19-09 01:59 AM
218 ... 6789
tools
    Well just as an update, I called the police station in Lodi, CA. They said I need to call my police station because everything originated here. I called my local state police barracks in hope of avoiding my local city police.
    State police told me to contact local city police...just what I was trying to avoid. I called the local police control to see if they knew when our police would be back on duty, he had no idea, said they basically call when they will be on duty and only are on duty when they feel like it.
    I live in the middle of nowhere, we have 2 local police officers covering several small towns and boroughs. They are never on duty. I guess the only thing I got going for me is that I know both officers, bad thing is that I know them and know how they are. I will be lucky if they do anything...I will be lucky if anyone will be on duty in the next week.
    I left a message, here's hoping they call be back.

EDIT: Oh, and Verizon called me back. They were unable to find anymore information than what they already gave me. They said to call Blackberry and see if they could give me what I needed. Has anyone tried to call Blackberry and get a live person? It seems impossible. Have any clues on how to get a real person at Blackberry?
    Last edited by k761110e; 12-12-08 at 09:24 PM.
    12-12-08 09:21 PM
    "EDIT: Oh, and Verizon called me back. They were unable to find anymore information than what they already gave me. They said to call Blackberry and see if they could give me what I needed. Has anyone tried to call Blackberry and get a live person? It seems impossible. Have any clues on how to get a real person at Blackberry?"

I know from the past, dealing with RIM support requires a carrier help ticket, otherwise you will get charged to talk to them.
    12-13-08 12:05 AM
    "EDIT: Oh, and Verizon called me back. They were unable to find anymore information than what they already gave me. They said to call Blackberry and see if they could give me what I needed. Has anyone tried to call Blackberry and get a live person? It seems impossible. Have any clues on how to get a real person at Blackberry?"

I know from the past, dealing with RIM support requires a carrier help ticket, otherwise you will get charged to talk to them.
    Thanks for letting me know that, I thought I was going crazy. For one, the lady's voice on their system is annoying and somewhat hard to comprehend.

Anyhow, it all doesn't matter because the buyer finally emailed me and she ended the paypal dispute.

She said it was not on her porch when she got home from work so she opened the dispute. Timeline and details still don't make sense but at this point I don't care. She still didn't say that she got it but I am assuming she did but why did it take so long for her to cancel the dispute? Maybe the mail fraud and law stuff scared her. I sent her an email on Thursday saying what the consequences could be. Maybe she read this thread? (If you are reading this, communication goes a long way, don't just jump the gun or make false accusations)

Thanks for all the advice everyone, it is greatly appreciated!
    12-13-08 12:31 AM
    Thanks for letting me know that, I thought I was going crazy. For one, the lady's voice on their system is annoying and somewhat hard to comprehend.

Anyhow, it all doesn't matter because the buyer finally emailed me and she ended the paypal dispute.

She said it was not on her porch when she got home from work so she opened the dispute. Timeline and details still don't make sense but at this point I don't care. She still didn't say that she got it but I am assuming she did but why did it take so long for her to cancel the dispute? Maybe the mail fraud and law stuff scared her. I sent her an email on Thursday saying what the consequences could be. Maybe she read this thread? (If you are reading this, communication goes a long way, don't just jump the gun or make false accusations)

Thanks for all the advice everyone, it is greatly appreciated!
    So did you get your money???

This can't be the end. I demand a grander ending than this. I want gunfights, car chases, heliocopter searchlights, and hellfire!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-08 01:07 AM
    WOW, i cant believe this. I had so much to say after reading 3 pages, until i see it was resolved.

First of all, why would she file a dispute if it wasnt on her porch? were you emailing her every day to tell her when it would be there? plus that is ridiculous. if something is supposed to be delivered to you, and its not there, you dont file a paypal dispute. was she trying to say you drove there and took it off her porch?

second, i would ask her to leave positive feedback right away. when she does, leave negative feedback on her. god knows how many times she;s tried something, and it doesnt go on her feedback if she doesnt get caught, etc.

third, i bet she got scared. she probably didnt realize cell phones could be tracked, etc. she probably realized it wasnt something she was gonna get away with.

but what did she put for her dispute reason? i am still not understanding the original dispute. was she saying that cause it was not on her porch that you never sent it? something is still weird wit hthat.

finally, the jermo or whoever, dude, that guy never said anything about minorities. he said uneducated people. and i agree most criminals are uneducated people.

if you associated minorities with uneducated people then that is your own baggage/prejudice.
    12-13-08 01:15 AM
    So did you get your money???

This can't be the end. I demand a grander ending than this. I want gunfights, car chases, heliocopter searchlights, and hellfire!!!

Haha, sorry for the disappointment. I thought it was going to come to a more dramatic ending too but either way I am glad things are over. The money was deposited back into my account.
    12-13-08 01:16 AM
    Just to let you know I did not listen to you and I emailed her and she responded and said she was going to do the right thing.....
    12-13-08 01:18 AM
    I am so happy you got your money back.....drinks on k7611110e!!!!!
    12-13-08 01:19 AM
    she used the words "do the right thing" ?
    that implies she was scamming and it wasnt just a mistake.

haha **** yeah drinks on OP!
    12-13-08 01:22 AM
    i still wanna hit her up, whats the address lol
    12-13-08 01:28 AM
    Just to let you know I did not listen to you and I emailed her and she responded and said she was going to do the right thing.....
    paste that convo on here I'm sure the OP would like to read
    12-13-08 01:38 AM
    lol, what exactly did you say?

Also, it turns out that she was a he. He said in his message to me that he talked to his wife and they decided to drop the dispute. I was a bit confused about the gender because the name Jesse is usually how a male spells it but Paypal told me it was a female. Scam or not, it is all over. I am just glad I didn't give up when Paypal told me they were going to give the money back to the buyer. On that note, screw Paypal, they suck.
    12-13-08 01:46 AM
    ^Glad the dispute was settled! IF you need swat next time in Lodi,Ca I can hook you up I know a couple guys on the Lodi,Ca Swat team. Also, I went to school in Lodi but live in Stockton. I can get to Lodi in fifteen minutes.

12-13-08 03:09 AM
    WOW, i cant believe this. I had so much to say after reading 3 pages, until i see it was resolved.

First of all, why would she file a dispute if it wasnt on her porch? were you emailing her every day to tell her when it would be there? plus that is ridiculous. if something is supposed to be delivered to you, and its not there, you dont file a paypal dispute. was she trying to say you drove there and took it off her porch?

second, i would ask her to leave positive feedback right away. when she does, leave negative feedback on her. god knows how many times she;s tried something, and it doesnt go on her feedback if she doesnt get caught, etc.

third, i bet she got scared. she probably didnt realize cell phones could be tracked, etc. she probably realized it wasnt something she was gonna get away with.

but what did she put for her dispute reason? i am still not understanding the original dispute. was she saying that cause it was not on her porch that you never sent it? something is still weird wit hthat.

finally, the jermo or whoever, dude, that guy never said anything about minorities. he said uneducated people. and i agree most criminals are uneducated people.

if you associated minorities with uneducated people then that is your own baggage/prejudice.
    Exactly.
    Just one thing though, people do things that are unexplainable.

I'd rather avoid making parallels to a movie but sometimes there isn't a reason as to why people do the things they do (a la the joker in Dark Knight lol)

I'm originally from "the ghetto" -but this doesn't mean I treat people like $hit.
    It's the person's character that is most important.
    12-13-08 04:38 AM
    I think it was Col Mustard in the library with the candlestick...
    12-13-08 06:12 AM
    Reminds me of the time I was scammed on Egay!

Had a 62" tv with built in speaker sytem, cost $5,000 brand new. It got to $1,400USD and auction ended at that price (not bad for a 6 year old tv) so I cotacted seller who transfered the money to my PP acount which I then withdrew and refused to release tv until it had cleared.

When money cleared in my account the buyer came to my home to collect (too big to post) and I got him to sign a receipt to confirm he had collected.

2 days later he filed an "item not received" claim with PP and even though he signed a receipt, because I had no proof of sending (which I wouldnt have because I didnt send) then PP sided with the buyer and tried to take money from my PP account (which was empty)

They gave him his money and chased me for the money which I refused to pay, they cant take money from my account without my permission si I just created a new PP account and made sure I never sent anything without signiture ever again! Paypal never linked the 2 accounts so I havent heard anything since it happened 4 years ago.
    12-13-08 08:58 AM
    Bro, if I were you I would delete that bank account information that is linked to your paypal account, just in case.
    12-13-08 09:18 AM
    I read somewhere in this thread that they would just put the account to collections if they couldn't get the money. Bad credit is not worth it.
    Just because it goes to collections doesn't mean it hurts your credit. Does PayPal have your Social Security number? If not, then I highly doubt they could do anything to your credit.
    12-13-08 09:20 AM
    it was on the news this is happening all over... people are following ups,fed ex, usps trucks around waiting for them to deliver the packages and stealing the packages right off the porch and just continue to follow the trucks, crazy CRAZY
    12-13-08 09:31 AM
    ^^ That is f'd up. That is exactly why all of my packages get delivered either to my business (which they come in to deliver) or to my house only when a signature is required. I hardly ever have something delivered to my house, but if I know I will be home then I do so but make sure a signature is required.

Speaking of which, I'm waiting on a Nikon D90 to be delivered from FedEx right now.
    12-13-08 09:38 AM
    lol, what exactly did you say?

Also, it turns out that she was a he. He said in his message to me that he talked to his wife and they decided to drop the dispute. I was a bit confused about the gender because the name Jesse is usually how a male spells it but Paypal told me it was a female. Scam or not, it is all over. I am just glad I didn't give up when Paypal told me they were going to give the money back to the buyer. On that note, screw Paypal, they suck.
    im so happy this worked out for you, ive been following this thread like crazy. Because in all honesty things like this have happened to me in the passed, not to your exact issues, but ive been dicked over on paypal and things of that sort before. I really hope you do what ever you can to make this thing **** for her. Negative Feedback, Report her to Paypal give them all the details so they can make a note on her account so she can't pull this **** again. Good Job!
    12-13-08 03:03 PM
    This happened to me as well. It sucks. Expensive lesson but DO NOT MAKE it easy on her. One...Absolutley cancel the phone and show it as stolen. YOU need to do this immediatley...sim card or not! Two...Email her that you have contacted the USPS for an investigation and contacted her local pd to take a trip over to chat with her (even if you do not actually go through with that part)...she'll freak. Or tell her your brother lives in the area and he'll be stopping by. Again, she'll freak. If you had insurance on it via the USPS you will get that part of it back...signature or not. Paypal always favors the buyer and NEVER the seller. Never forget that. When selling on eBay...I always have insurance and signature confirmation and I do not care how much the item sold for. For $50, $150, or $1050...insurance and sign confirmation. They pay for it in terms of your shipping fees listed in the auction. Third...Call ATT and Sprint and see if you can somehow give them the serial number of the hardware...maybe they can show it as stolen. Either way...do not make it easy on her. No way. No how.
    12-13-08 03:47 PM
    Never use PayPal. This is an expensive lesson for you, unfortunately.

I would submit a claim to eBay as well, they own PayPal. And I wouldn't dawdle with the USPS, stay on them.

Unfortunately, if the USPS can't help you, you are stuck without money or a phone.

Lesson learned.
    12-13-08 06:25 PM
    I'm going to say it up front I did not read 14 pages of this post.

Anyways, I had a similar problem. Call paypal immediately. If she is disputing that she never recieved the phone and you can provide a valid tracking number that states otherwise its case closed.

I had a buyer dispute recieving an item before the tracking info even said it should be delivered. I called after delivery and not hearing from the seller. The rep I spoke with said since They opened it for not recieving it and the tracking number in fact says they recieved it they are closing it because they can obviously tell it was delivered. Easy as that. They also said they are not able to open a claim for another reason because of claiming this and losing. Hope this helps and its not too late.
    12-13-08 06:32 PM
    In the UK its so much easier!

Report the phone as stolen to the police, get whats called a crime referance number (CRN) and call your carrier (called a network here)

Give the CRN and IMEI to your carrier and they put an instant block on the actual handset so its useless anywhere in the UK on all networks!
    12-14-08 01:46 AM
218 ... 6789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD