Similar thing happened to me over the summer. Too many thieves out there. I ended up winning my dispute though because the buyer failed to respond to one of paypals requests

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-08 10:55 AM
    i had something similar with paypal. I sold my curve and they put a hold on my funds til either i got a positive feeback from the client or proof of dilvery which they automactical released three days after proof of delivery. Call paypall directly and talk to a supervisor. You have proof as to what you do and what she is doing
    12-12-08 11:00 AM
    As stated, go to PayPal, click on DETAILS next to payment and at the bottom, ADD TRACKING. You not entering it, PayPal will not know. Faxing and emailing or calling would not always solve the problem. They need documentation and adding that tracking number is enough proof.

Since she filed a complaint, you MUST respond back. In the response, add the tracking # and state that you have email proof that buyer received it.

As for those who have their funds put on hold until its delivered or positive feedback is left..this is a new security procedure placed by eBay/PayPal. You either dont have enough feedback or you're new. I have over 1087+ positive feedback. None of my funds are held whether it be $5 or $800.
    12-12-08 11:05 AM
    Just go to paypal and that transaction, add the tracking number. Assuming you shipped it with USPS and got delievery confimation., provide that to paypal. It will take about 2 to 3 weeks but you have nothing to worry about, it will be decided in your favor.....as long as you get tracking and some sort of confimation it was recieved, the buyer cannt win, unless they file a claim saying it was damaged, not what they ordered etc. But you already said it was for her not recieving it. Youll be fine
    12-12-08 11:07 AM
    IFL when one of your ******* goes to her house to get your money back and gets shot.
    12-12-08 11:24 AM
    Just go to paypal and that transaction, add the tracking number. Assuming you shipped it with USPS and got delievery confimation., provide that to paypal. It will take about 2 to 3 weeks but you have nothing to worry about, it will be decided in your favor.....as long as you get tracking and some sort of confimation it was recieved, the buyer cannt win, unless they file a claim saying it was damaged, not what they ordered etc. But you already said it was for her not recieving it. Youll be fine
    Truth. I have over 400 verified transactions with paypal. If you can provide tracking, you are fine.
    12-12-08 11:24 AM
    i hope paypal sides with you so you get your money AND she gets arrested by USPS for mail fraud. would serve her right.
    12-12-08 11:26 AM
    Ok lets think about this... who is the bigger moron
    1. they op who sold his phone in a bad economy for a quick buck (a big buck at that) or......
    2.ALL OF US. Who didn't and kept our beloved laggy storms.
    hmmmm.... you decide, in the meantime someone IM email PIN the op and last get this witchberry
    12-12-08 11:51 AM
    Wow, that sucks.

But, to be fair, weren't you trying to make an easy buck, too? I mean, you had to manipulate the system to make the sale, now she's manipulating it to get a free phone.

Will they give you just the 250 back from the carrier? If so, you're still ahead of the game, right?
    I'm trying to figure how he was manipulating the system. If he purchased the phone and is tied into a contract then he is able to do with the phone what he wants to. He shouldn't be penalized for trying to make a buck, that is what commerce is all about. When people purchase items they should inform themselves as much as possible on how much an item costs based on new or used status. You also have to look at supply and demand. A seller on eBay isn't doing anything different than a retail store.

If he didn't send her the item or misrepresented it, then he should expect to lose money on the deal. However, that doesn't sound like the case here. The woman is a thief and she should be punished.
    12-12-08 12:00 PM
    Where in California....I will go get her for you.........I am in Los Angeles.
    SoCal to the rescue!
    12-12-08 12:02 PM
    Hello Op...........where Are You?
    12-12-08 12:05 PM
    Wtf!!!!!!!!!???????????
    12-12-08 12:05 PM
    SoCal to the rescue!
    Hey, another Crackberry addict from Torrance!
    12-12-08 12:07 PM
    Eh, No offense to the OP, i understand what he was doing, but IMO they're both morons. She's an ***** for ruining Ebay (she's the reason I'd trust craigslist over Ebay for large transactions) and the OP is an ***** for trying to take advantage of Supply and Demand problems. Can't say I feel bad for him for anything more than the 250 that he's out now.

To the OP, you could be a good guy for all I know, but I've always held a sort of resentment toward people who buy stuff at a low price because they're willing to sit in line over night only so they can sell it online later on for big profits. I know I didn't get my xbox 360 on launch night because of that.
    He's out more then $250. The only way Verizon is giving out Unlock codes is if you bought your phone for full price or you've satisfied the contract you had (2years) that you signed when you got the phone.

Purchase price without Contract is around $400.00. he sold a high demand item on eBay that people are willing to pay double to price to get. Look at the Nintendo Wii, the system is $250 in stores but yet people but them for $350 - $600 especially during the holidays when stores are sold out.
    12-12-08 12:16 PM
    yep... paypal has been dicking sellers since it started. as a buyer you have all the protection in the world.

Very sorry to hear about this. I had this EXACT issue happen to me earlier this year and I got the BIG STIFFY from Paypal and they gave all her money back and I was out money and a phone. I opened up a dispute with the USPS and tried filing a police report but the PD said there wasnt enough grounds for a report.
    12-12-08 12:21 PM
    Post her full name and address on here... and everywhere else you can...nothing wrong with calling attention to a scammer...maybe she is going the same to others on here...
    12-12-08 12:26 PM
    Funny to that the OP has not responded once...that makes one wonder in itself. I applaud the community here for stepping up and being so willing to help another member. To bad he can't share some info to help himself seeing how so many others are willing to help him...

See ya'll around....
    Did you ever consider that he has a life other than CB? I have the luxury of lingering around here all day at my job... others are not so fortunate. So being that the OP was at like 130 this morning (EST), it is possible that he hasn't been able to come back on. You guys cut him some slack for not coming back to update! Or... maybe he's at his college class and then going to his underpaid job (for the convo earlier )
    12-12-08 12:26 PM
    IFL when one of your ******* goes to her house to get your money back and gets shot.

if i was the seller i dont like scandelouz bltches so id probably just burn her house down, and leave a note under her windshield wiper stating " enjoy the storm " HAHHAAHHAHHAHA
    12-12-08 12:34 PM
    i hope you post her name and address id love to send her a letter from an anonymous source
    12-12-08 12:36 PM
    So........
    I from Nigeria and I have millions of dollars to transfer in to yours accounts.
    My son is very sick and really wants a storm for the holidays.
    Give mr your bank, name, number, ssn, and address.

I will have my account transfer all the fundses.
    Many thank yous,
    -shady guy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-08 12:44 PM
    As state paypal is sh!t, dont use them. Buyers get all the protection sellers get sh!t. I sold ps3's on ebay back when it came out and paypal froze my account for too much transaction wtf? you take my money for fees and then you freeze my account? got my money and left painpal.
    12-12-08 12:45 PM
    This thread sure is a good way to kill time!

The first thing I love about it is all the hardcore Cali peeps ready to rumble. That had me cracking up

Then it turned into a debate about free trade. Debate about the cost of hot items in a free market aside, the main thing is the OP acted legally and the buyer did not.

Then the lynch mob gathers because OP hasn't responded to the masses who are now foaming at their mouths for any one of a number of reasons!! haha

Anyway, OP hasn't made any other posts since this one. He probably slept, went to work or something and will come back to this later and be like "OMG WTF did I start here?!?!"

EDIT - - I forgot the whole PayPal bashing portion of the thread...LOL. There is something for everyone here!
    Last edited by BTsee; 12-12-08 at 12:57 PM.
    12-12-08 12:55 PM
    So I sold my Storm on ebay.

I called Verizon and got the unlock code and all that good stuff. Put it on ebay and the auction ended for $760. Buyer took a week to pay for it and the day I shipped it, she demanded I give her a tracking number or she was going to report me. (I paid for tracking, not her) I should have known then she was going to be trouble.

Anyhow, I gave it to her. It was delivered to her on Wednesday morning. That afternoon she sent me an email stating "how did you unlock this phone"
    I told her and asked her why wondering if she was having problems getting it to work. I didn't get a reply but then 2 hours later I got an email from Paypal saying that she opened a dispute against me. Her claim, she never received the phone. Tracking number says differently.

I was eligible for seller protection but my dumb a$$ didn't know that I had to have signature confirmation if the item was over $250...expensive mistake there. Paypal is going to give her her money back even though I have the tracking number that says it was delivered.

Paypal told me to get the law involoved and she could be charged with mail fraud. Post office is already investigating it.

My question to you guys, is there any way to disable the phone so that it can't be used since it was unlocked. I know Verizon can put it on the lost/stolen list but I know that won't do anything if she is using a SIM from another carrier. Is there anything that can be done in that respect?

I am going after her one way or another. Paypal isn't going to be any help but I will do what I can to make sure she doesn't get away with it, if that includes mail fraud, mail fraud it is.

Anyone have any ideas? She is in California, I am in Pennsylvania.
    I'll take a road trip with you..

by the way.. i'm kidding - just one of those bored at work folks..
    Last edited by gb__; 12-12-08 at 01:01 PM.
    12-12-08 12:57 PM
    This is WHY you screen your buyers....

When you do this you can HEAR how they talk....

Undastawnd?
    Why you no call me?

Uneducated people scam, lie, cheat, steal, rob, kill, TRAMPLE people to death in Walmarts....

It's obvious the OP would have had NO trouble selling this Storm, so SCREENING is paramount. That is what happens without due dilligence. Sure, it sucks this has to be done, but as for me doing business this way:

ZERO chargebacks
    ZERO scammers

Not to mention you royally screwed yourself without any recourse because you too failed, failed to READ the fine print when you enter into a contract and allow Ebay, or Paypal to be the medium.
    12-12-08 01:06 PM
    I thought if you provided a valid tracking number that says the item was delivered there was nothing the buyer can do once the item is received. You just have to provide Paypal with the tracking number.

Someone opened a dispute against me once and I gave Paypal the tracking # and they closed the dispute and I got to keep the money.
    12-12-08 01:11 PM
218 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD