This is what you should do:
    Befriend T-Mobile, AT&T, and any other carrier CSR's that could look up in their system WHEN and IF the BB Storm is on their books...

Then, supply them with the serial number, and or IMEI numbers...
    It WILL surface on ANY network that it was activated on...

The law will do the rest once your evidence is corroborated with what documents you have supplied them with (e.g. emails)
    That is what I am trying to do but Verizon doesn't seem to have the IMEI number and that seems to be the only thing that AT&T can search by. Verizon gave me the information they have without it being activated. Right now I am on hold waiting for a technical service tech who can see if they can help. I am gonna see if they can activate it back on my line long enough to get any additional information such as the PIN number and hopefully the IMEI.
    12-12-08 06:31 PM
    Do you know what ignorant means?
    (I didn't think so)

Ignorant=YOU. Uneducated.

I'm actually enlightened because I've had the privilege of being scammed several times in my newbie years as a businessman. You sound like some ghetto a$$ trashbag that thinks ignorant means something you think it means when in reality is ISN'T.

Finish school fa-fa-flunky...GED's are wack homie (I'm trying to appeal to your ghetto side here)

P.S. -Did my comment about morons trampling that poor innocent man to death offend you?
    Hmmm, I wonder why? Jermaine. I wonder why?
    You assuming I'm black says it all. I'm well aware of what ignorant means, and I have finished school. You are worse than the "ghetto trash" you think exists only to scam people.
    12-12-08 06:38 PM
    Yes call the Lodi, CA police if you havent already. This would def. be one of the first things to do. Let them know that either a) she is perpertrating mail fraud or b) mail fraud was comitted at her address when someone stole the package.

also, have you emailed her? if you havent, do so right away. try to get her phone number or get her to call you. It sounds liek you have had no contact with her since she field the dispute.

when she asked about how you unlocked the phone, yes that sounded like she had it. since she said "this phone" and not "the phone" or "the phone i am receiving"

does anyone know if lodi, CA is a good area? like for example, if you were to tell me this happened in Camden, NJ i would tell you, you got scammed. cause its high crime area. obviously this is not going to say anything for certain, but could give clues.

so anyone know anything about lodi, ca? is it a high crime area?
    Lodi CA is physically on the Border of CA and Nevada. It's a tiny town on I80 near Lake Tahoe. Tahoe is nice but Sacramento and Reno are not far away and there are parts that are not nice
    12-12-08 06:56 PM
    I don't have the box, the phone was shipped to her in the box.
    I do have all of my emails. Verizon did search for the ESN and it is not active on their network which I knew it wouldn't be because she bought it to use on AT&T.
    The post office doesn't care, they did their job by delivering it. They can prove that it was or wasn't delivered to her. They even gave me the scanner number that was used to scan the package when it was delivered but that isn't doing anything for me.
    I am waiting for a call back from the United States Postal Inspectors about it being mail fraud.
    Paypal is done working with me. They have already said that they are automatically reverting the money back to her account when the waiting period is up even though I provided the tracking number saying it was delivered. They say they can do this because I didn't purchase signature confirmation and for a package to be covered under the seller protection program if it is over $250 is that there has to be signature confirmation.
    Paypal won't even hold the money longer if the law is involoved to ensure that I do get my money.
    well don't be a moron, you have her information/address/ebay ID, call the police, regardless of whether or not paypal holds the money, you call the police, they investigate, you sue her in small claims court, unless you don't care that ur out 760 bucks. Do what you can or what ur willing, but don't give up just because paypal takes away the money
    12-12-08 07:06 PM
    Lodi CA is physically on the Border of CA and Nevada. It's a tiny town on I80 near Lake Tahoe. Tahoe is nice but Sacramento and Reno are not far away and there are parts that are not nice

Correction Lodi is between Stockton and Elk Grove (technically Galt). Elk Grove being a nicer community back than but dont know about now. Now that part of Stockton closest to Lodi isnt the greatest. So if you think about it your between Sac and Stockton.
    12-12-08 07:07 PM
    You assuming I'm black says it all. I'm well aware of what ignorant means, and I have finished school. You are worse than the "ghetto trash" you think exists only to scam people.
    no, you saying "your effin ignorant" is just a stupid, unproductive and an immature remark.
    12-12-08 07:08 PM
    no, you saying "your effin ignorant" is just a stupid, unproductive and an immature remark.
    Right. So his/her comment that every minority is a worthless scammer was intelligent, productive, and mature?? While I admit I didn't add anything useful to the thread, I can't sit here and read bs like that and just accept it. But that's cool that you call me stupid and unproductive instead of the person who felt it necessary to share his/her racist views.
    12-12-08 07:21 PM
    What are you talking about? Lodi is nowhere near nevada. Its between stockton, where I grew up, and sacramento. Its off the I-5, not the 80. Geez.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-08 07:34 PM
    You guys are talking about beating up a girl... that is Fup.

You have the info you need to make a legal case against her. Just call the police and let them sort it out.
    12-12-08 07:37 PM
    I am so addicted to this like a movie.... I keep coming back here and refreshing the post so I can see what they say when he gets off hold... I am so sorry that this happened to you. I am excited to hear how this will play out... Here is how I see it happening... Verizon adds the phone, gets the EIN, they found out where she lives, the phone is activated through someone else, and the police are on their way to get her... Using Geo-mapping, they find her at the movies! And she is all like "What!?! How did you find me??!?!

I will assist in writing for when the made-for-TV movie is made
    12-12-08 07:41 PM
    So you didn't send in for the MIR? I always keep a copy of the UPC information just in case something happens with my rebate request.
    12-12-08 07:52 PM
    I am so addicted to this like a movie.... I keep coming back here and refreshing the post so I can see what they say when he gets off hold... I am so sorry that this happened to you. I am excited to hear how this will play out... Here is how I see it happening... Verizon adds the phone, gets the EIN, they found out where she lives, the phone is activated through someone else, and the police are on their way to get her... Using Geo-mapping, they find her at the movies! And she is all like "What!?! How did you find me??!?!

I will assist in writing for when the made-for-TV movie is made
    Well so far there are no exciting developments. The rep talked to her supervisor and the supervisor was going to look in her "administrative computer" and try to get the IMEI and pin and all that good stuff. They said they would call me back sometime tonight.

I am eventually going to call the police but I would rather have more ammunition than what I have now. If I can call them and say that the phone is active on another network when it was supposedly never received, I think I have more of a chance. I am just afraid the police are going to say they can't help me. I have already looked up the number for the city police in her area but do you think I should call state police or even if I should call the police out there?
    A police station somewhere is getting called, I am just trying to get more ammunition and decide the best one to call.
    12-12-08 07:59 PM
    Call the police right now.... Explain to them whats going on... Its better to have them on your side through the whole thing. I guarantee that will be better for you.
    12-12-08 08:09 PM
    man.... i read this whole thread...

i hope everything works out.
    12-12-08 08:13 PM
    Well so far there are no exciting developments. The rep talked to her supervisor and the supervisor was going to look in her "administrative computer" and try to get the IMEI and pin and all that good stuff. They said they would call me back sometime tonight.

I am eventually going to call the police but I would rather have more ammunition than what I have now. If I can call them and say that the phone is active on another network when it was supposedly never received, I think I have more of a chance. I am just afraid the police are going to say they can't help me. I have already looked up the number for the city police in her area but do you think I should call state police or even if I should call the police out there?
    A police station somewhere is getting called, I am just trying to get more ammunition and decide the best one to call.
    Once you have gathered as much information as possible, BUT before you call the police, I would highly recommend sending her an emotion-free and concise email detailing the information you have in a very easily readable format.

Offer to keep the matter private. But, be sure to make her understand in clear, express language that you will move forward with a police report and a legal claim. Don't threaten. Don't exhibit emotion. Put as much contact information you want to reveal for her to contact you. And put "Via E-Mail Only" at the top of the email.
    12-12-08 08:14 PM
    Just gather all your proof of shipment and receipt and file a court case. She'll have to come to court or they'll be a warrant out for her arrest. That will make her **** in her pants.
    12-12-08 08:15 PM
    i don't want him to give her a chance. just gather as much evidence as you have and call the Lodi police...

what a scumbag...
    12-12-08 08:16 PM
    No, in all actuality it is called free enterprise.
    just because it's legal doesn't mean it's ethical.
    12-12-08 08:20 PM
    Why not call the Post Office in California that processed the package??

I would think they would have some sort of records on the item, that maybe you could present to PayPal?

I had a similar problem like this when using eBay. I sold one of my girlfriends dresses and this looser was raising **** like the woman in your situation is. I called the actual post office that processed the dress, got some numbers, and gave them to eBay and PayPal reps over the phone, and they pushed the funds through to me. Pissed the other guy off, but w/e.

Good luck.
    12-12-08 08:25 PM
    i don't want him to give her a chance. just gather as much evidence as you have and call the Lodi police...

what a scumbag...
    I had an issue like that with a Cisco item. Called the local police. They went to his house and he fedex next day air certified funds to not bring charges.

suing won't do anything..If you win great. Now how are you going to collect? You have to bring subpoenas to all local banks to find out if she has an account there and put a freeze on it. (Been thru that too).
    Besides you most likely can't sue anyway unless it's in her claims court.
    12-12-08 08:31 PM

I think this would be mail fraud and is a federal crime. It might be a FBI thing. I would call the local police sooner than later. You have emails showing she purchased the item and you have a tracking number proving the item was delivered. Anything more that they need would be gathered by law enforcement.

To get your funds you will have to go through the civil court. The police can not help you recover funds. Crimainal and Civil are handled separately.
    Last edited by Primate; 12-12-08 at 08:41 PM.
    12-12-08 08:38 PM
    ok. i have to pry myself away from this thread... best of luck to you.
    12-12-08 08:39 PM
    just because it's legal doesn't mean it's ethical.

That is correct.
    12-12-08 08:41 PM
    I am eventually going to call the police but I would rather have more ammunition than what I have now.
    BIG mistake sir.

You NEED to file right away.
    Getting more info is great, but you don't even have the ball rolling yet.

The trash who scammed you has a head start...Waiting will give her more time.

This is a crime. Report it.
    12-12-08 08:48 PM
    I have been using ebay for a number of years and to protect myself this is what I do:

1. I only ship UPS as they will require signature for delivery.
    2. I always add insurance for the value of the item in the package.
    3. Upload tracking information to PayPal.

This way there is always signature for the package and in case something is damaged or whatever you are covered. I never ship expensive items via USPS only letters and bills. For some reason bills never get lost lol.
    12-12-08 08:55 PM
218 ... 56789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD