They obviously did their work faster than you. I understand not everybody can camp out in line for days but those that can't, can't expect to get a hot item that is in short supply on launch day. Most of these college kids work some bull**** job making minimum wage so the smart ones did the math and figured out that the money they would make off the xbox, ps3, wii, tickle me elmo or whatever other trendy item was more than the time they missed from their job. You seem angry that you got beat out by faster smarter scalpers who "are morons" because they take advantage of people who will pay anything to have what they can't get.
    It's not worth arguing with you because your opinion clearly isn't gonna change seeing as how angry you got over my comments.

but for you to say "most of these college kids work some bull**** job making minimum wage"? Really? That comment makes you sound like a grade A ******* man. What do you expect a college kid going to school full time to actually do that isn't a "bull****" job exactly? I'm EXTREMELY interested in hearing what it is....in fact....I'm also interested in hearing what you did that supposedly wasn't a "bull****" job when you were in college.
    12-12-08 07:33 AM
    Wow.. I will never get the 15 minutes it took me to read this thread back....
    [/url]
    It took you that long to read the thread so far? You need to call 1-800-ABC-DEFG LOL.....just kidding
    12-12-08 07:38 AM
    It's not worth arguing with you because your opinion clearly isn't gonna change seeing as how angry you got over my comments.

but for you to say "most of these college kids work some bull**** job making minimum wage"? Really? That comment makes you sound like a grade A ******* man. What do you expect a college kid going to school full time to actually do that isn't a "bull****" job exactly? I'm EXTREMELY interested in hearing what it is....in fact....I'm also interested in hearing what you did that supposedly wasn't a "bull****" job when you were in college.
    I worked 38 hours a week as a project engineer in a pharmaceutical company while taking 18 credits in Electrical Engineering... Did this for almost 3 years.

But that wasn't typical and I HAD to... bills pile up with no $$$....

My friends worked night jobs as waiters and such. They made really good money though!!!! Maybe minimum wage, but the tips were incredible...
    12-12-08 07:40 AM
    It took you that long to read the thread so far? You need to call 1-800-ABC-DEFG LOL.....just kidding
    Hahah as i said in my last post. I am an Engineer... reading comes second to math....
    12-12-08 07:41 AM
    Since she is claiming that she never received the phone I would report is stolen. That way if the sneaky Tw@t tries to activate it she gets nailed for felony theft.
    12-12-08 07:44 AM
    Doesn't make me sound like an *******...its the truth and I don't expect them to do anything else I was simply making a statement that any job a college kid has probably isn't paying that much so in turn they would make more money by taking off and scalping an xbox or ps3...understand? I didn't go to college because I couldn't deal with being broke for 4-8 years while in school so I started my own company during senior year of HS and when I graduated I was able to devote my full attention to it. Lucky for me it took off quickly and I am doing better than alot of people who spent 1000's on college.
    12-12-08 07:45 AM
    Send the buyer one more email. Remind her that you have proof of delivery. remind her that she contacted you AFTER she received the phone, asking how to unlock it. Tell her that you saved all emails with a time line (Postal service has to scan something for delivery, that shows the time of delivery) Then, remind her that mail fraud is a federal offensive punishable by jail time.

It might be enough to scare her.

Hopefully, you send it to a location inside the U.S.
    12-12-08 07:56 AM
    She files a claim that she didnt receive but yet, the tracking says she did? She has no way of winning. Did you enter the tracking number in the PayPal payment? This will show proof to PayPal that it was delivered.

Here is my MAIL FRAUD FAQ that I wrote

eBay Guides - HOW TO FILE FOR MAIL FRAUD
    12-12-08 09:27 AM
    So I sold my Storm on ebay.

I called Verizon and got the unlock code and all that good stuff. Put it on ebay and the auction ended for $760. Buyer took a week to pay for it and the day I shipped it, she demanded I give her a tracking number or she was going to report me. (I paid for tracking, not her) I should have known then she was going to be trouble.

Anyhow, I gave it to her. It was delivered to her on Wednesday morning. That afternoon she sent me an email stating "how did you unlock this phone"
    I told her and asked her why wondering if she was having problems getting it to work. I didn't get a reply but then 2 hours later I got an email from Paypal saying that she opened a dispute against me. Her claim, she never received the phone. Tracking number says differently.

I was eligible for seller protection but my dumb a$$ didn't know that I had to have signature confirmation if the item was over $250...expensive mistake there. Paypal is going to give her her money back even though I have the tracking number that says it was delivered.

Paypal told me to get the law involoved and she could be charged with mail fraud. Post office is already investigating it.

My question to you guys, is there any way to disable the phone so that it can't be used since it was unlocked. I know Verizon can put it on the lost/stolen list but I know that won't do anything if she is using a SIM from another carrier. Is there anything that can be done in that respect?

I am going after her one way or another. Paypal isn't going to be any help but I will do what I can to make sure she doesn't get away with it, if that includes mail fraud, mail fraud it is.

Anyone have any ideas? She is in California, I am in Pennsylvania.
    I think the disappointment she will experience in actually using the Storm is punishment enough. The frustration in dealing with the phone is sure to shave a few years off her life....
    12-12-08 09:30 AM
    To the OP, i'm not located in Cali but I do feel your pain.

Sellers are always on the short end of the stick when dealing with PayPal so it is necessary to take every precaution necessary.

When you ship something, no matter what it is, try to use UPS or FedEx, try to avoid USPS as much as possible. Insure the package for the full value of the auction, regardless of if the buyer paid for it or not as this will cover you. Also always request an adult signature, with UPS and FedEx when added this option cannot be waived, with USPS it can. Keep as much paperwork until they leave you positive feedback meaning shipping receipts and invoices.

It sucks that some buyer are out there to scam you as this person did you but it is not going to change. You have to protect yourself as you are the only seller protection you have.
    12-12-08 09:37 AM
    i assume you purchased the phone from verizon for $250.00? you then attempted to sell it on ebay for $760.00 for a profit of $520.00.

sounds to me like someone took advantage of you just like you took advantage of them.

it's called payback
    Well said
    12-12-08 09:43 AM
    What's her Ebay ID?
    12-12-08 09:51 AM
    I dont know how it works but E911 can track device location. So you can make a visit.
    12-12-08 10:02 AM
    i assume you purchased the phone from verizon for $250.00? you then attempted to sell it on ebay for $760.00 for a profit of $520.00.

sounds to me like someone took advantage of you just like you took advantage of them.

it's called payback
    Business is business. Just like a dealership or Apple, Dell, Sony, etc. They are all taking advantage of everyone.

You buy a car for $30,000. Does it cost the dealership $30k? They're making $5k-$10k profit on you. Same goes for buying an MP3 player or a laptop. Retailers buy stuff in bulk for a cheaper price and charge you retail price.

Just going to a diner. You think what they charge you is what costs them? A large glass of OJ is $3. I can go to a supermarket and buy a carton for $3. If anything, the buyer is ripping themselves off. They could of simply walked into a Verizon, Best Buy, Circuit City and purchased the phone for $500+ tax but they opted to go and pay $800 for a phone.

Same idea when the Wii, WiiFit and PS3 first came out. People paying $600-1200 for the systems and like $200 for a $90 product.
    12-12-08 10:08 AM
    the op is not dumb or selling it the way he did. he did it legit. just post the address you mailed it too, and have someone go there. cause some trouble.
    12-12-08 10:16 AM
    just show paypal the email saying she got it and didnt know how to unlock it. that will show them she is lying.

i run a business and have seen all sorts of issues with paypal, but as long as you can prove that it was delivered you should be in the clear.

make sure you take all the money out of your paypal account and delete your bank account references and credit card references and you should be good!
    12-12-08 10:19 AM

it's called payback
    how is that taking advantage of? he paid $250 and is stuck in a 2 year contract with verizon for at least $40/month for the monthly plan. x 24 = $960. its not wrong to decide to sell your upgrade since hes still stuck with whatever phone he had unless he buys another phone, which he will have to pay full price for.

sucks that happened to you. i hate selling stuff on ebay for those reasons.
    12-12-08 10:28 AM
    Woohoo first post... I felt compelled to chime in. The debate of the free market is pointless, it is what it is. I too listed a couple of these phones on eBay (auctions still active) and even after being a member since 99' I was a tad bit nervous about it all. The previous posters are right in that all the protection slides to the buyer which is not right. I despise eBay in every sense and limit what I do on there. But if you want to make the bucks on flipping products you have to take the risk. The best thing you can do is be knowledgeable about your requirements as a seller to protect yourself. The most important as the OP stated he learned, make sure you pay for a direct adult signature and always ship through PayPal. This ups the sellers stance significantly.

I also limited the auctions to bidders with positive feedback only, feedback of 20 or more and have the option of canceling bids if they do not comply. The bidders are also required to use PayPal and pay immediately, and I only ship to confirmed addresses.

Now I may be lowering what I could sell these for by limiting the buyers that meet those requirements, but I also am lowering the odds I get burned and that is worth it.

Bottom line, you better educate yourself before you enter the eBay arena because it is thick with scammers and one can easily be had.

Funny to that the OP has not responded once...that makes one wonder in itself. I applaud the community here for stepping up and being so willing to help another member. To bad he can't share some info to help himself seeing how so many others are willing to help him...

See ya'll around....
    Last edited by MXZDrew; 12-12-08 at 10:31 AM.
    12-12-08 10:28 AM
    call verizon and have them lock the phone.
    12-12-08 10:32 AM
    get her phone # thru paypal give it to me ill call and harrass her =D
    12-12-08 10:32 AM
    I have to agree with the above poster. All this bantering back and forth on whether he was right or not to try and make a few bucks or how everyone will help to get his phone back, is pretty much pointless now.

The OP is gone. Thinking it was all us at the Storm forum that was scammed.

My .02
    12-12-08 10:33 AM
    Paypal is a pile of crap and always side with the buyer. I hear more and more stories like this everyday. Its just a matter of time before paypal gets sued hardcore. EBAY is way to risky these days if your a seller.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-08 10:37 AM
    whats her ebay name =D
    12-12-08 10:38 AM
    I know the feeling. I've scammed a couple times thru paypal. I even withdrew my money but they just put a debt in my account and eventually sent it to collections. I was so pissed cut I had delivery confirmation too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-08 10:48 AM
    What's her address, we'll go tp her house.
    lol..... but seriously that is awful that happened to you that sucks!!
    12-12-08 10:51 AM
218 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD