Wow, that sucks.

But, to be fair, weren't you trying to make an easy buck, too? I mean, you had to manipulate the system to make the sale, now she's manipulating it to get a free phone.

Will they give you just the 250 back from the carrier? If so, you're still ahead of the game, right?
    12-12-08 02:05 AM
    Where in CA does she live? I'll **** her up for you...take the phone..and her money!
    Last edited by Chaz; 12-12-08 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Language
    12-12-08 02:14 AM
    I'm in Los Angeles and ready to take off with the rest of the guys whenever you're ready to hand over the address. We can either get the phone back, or get even, or both, whichever you prefer..
    12-12-08 02:30 AM
    Original poster didnt even respond once. Duh! Dude come on lets do this!
    12-12-08 02:50 AM
    **** I have family there who would put in work just on gp! problem is he never responded so this would be a no go. FAIL!
    12-12-08 02:56 AM
    i assume you purchased the phone from verizon for $250.00? you then attempted to sell it on ebay for $760.00 for a profit of $520.00.

sounds to me like someone took advantage of you just like you took advantage of them.

it's called payback
    12-12-08 02:58 AM
    Guess u never used this phone. Verizon should be able to lock it up. What good would unlocking it do unless you had another carrier that supported their signal? Does Altel service CA? Even if they do Verizon just bought them.
    Uhhhhh what?

Unlocking it allows it to be used on GSM (What they use overseas and on TMobile and ATT). All you have to do after an unlock is drop a SIM card in from another company and you're off to the races. As for unlocking as a whole for the storm though....it's meant so you can use Verizon overseas.....not so you can use Voda, Orange, T-Mobile, etc. overseas (though you can if you buy a prepaid card for any one of those carriers and there are quite a few sites out there that charge you for the card and then have a going rate of x cents/minute domestic and international). Basically unlocking it just opens allows the GSM signal to be used.
    12-12-08 03:04 AM
    ^^^^^^so what....he is a businessman^^^^don't hate on him....the person who bought it is a moron
    12-12-08 03:05 AM
    You can still report it lost or stolen it goes on a global list for all carriers not just Verizon. They are smart otherwise we would all be getting new phones from insurance for 50$ each then unlocking them and sell them for 760 on ebay =).
    12-12-08 03:07 AM
    ^^^^^^so what....he is a businessman^^^^don't hate on him....the person who bought it is a moron
    Eh, No offense to the OP, i understand what he was doing, but IMO they're both morons. She's an ***** for ruining Ebay (she's the reason I'd trust craigslist over Ebay for large transactions) and the OP is an ***** for trying to take advantage of Supply and Demand problems. Can't say I feel bad for him for anything more than the 250 that he's out now.

To the OP, you could be a good guy for all I know, but I've always held a sort of resentment toward people who buy stuff at a low price because they're willing to sit in line over night only so they can sell it online later on for big profits. I know I didn't get my xbox 360 on launch night because of that.
    12-12-08 03:08 AM
    yeah I here ya, but he was doing everything right
    12-12-08 03:13 AM
    cant believe paypal would ever give her money back since it was delivered, this is a first for me
    12-12-08 03:15 AM
    Legally right? yes, Personally I have moral issues with buying something popular on launch for the purpose of making a quick buck due to supply issues. Might just be me.
    12-12-08 03:15 AM
    no one's a moron for selling high, no one's a moron for buying high... that's their choice. supply and demand has always been and will never change, so why b!tch about it.
    12-12-08 03:18 AM
    Wait so....

1) was the cash still in the account? and they took it from you?

2) if the cash was withdrawn, did paypal actually take it from your linked bank account?!?!?!?!

3) doesnt the phone still have an esn/imei? couldnt it be blacklisted? then it wouldnt activate on any carrier.

4) the only thing that would make me happy here is for this chick to be arrested. maybe using the phones agps, the authorities can find her. (please god, tell me they can)

5) i am surprised paypal is screwing you so easily. if you dont post back soon, i am going to start thinking this was fake.
    12-12-08 03:22 AM
    This post is like a good novel, but we need the OP to talk now to find out what happens next... Gripping stuff!
    12-12-08 04:42 AM
    Spoiler:

The OP is actually not a real person but rather the "woman" who bought the Storm. In the end though we find out that the "woman" has been dead for years and Pay Pal stole her identity and has been using this scam to take money out of her account unnoticed for years.

Sorry to ruin it for you guys.
    12-12-08 04:48 AM
    I didn't read the rest of the thread but based on Paypal policies if you have a tracking number on the package and it shows that is was delivered they can't refund her money.
    12-12-08 04:49 AM
    Eh, No offense to the OP, i understand what he was doing, but IMO they're both morons. She's an ***** for ruining Ebay (she's the reason I'd trust craigslist over Ebay for large transactions) and the OP is an ***** for trying to take advantage of Supply and Demand problems. Can't say I feel bad for him for anything more than the 250 that he's out now.

To the OP, you could be a good guy for all I know, but I've always held a sort of resentment toward people who buy stuff at a low price because they're willing to sit in line over night only so they can sell it online later on for big profits. I know I didn't get my xbox 360 on launch night because of that.
    Your calling someone a moron for taking advantage of supply and demand.....thats funny. What you really resent is your laziness for not goin out a few days ahead of the launch date to wait in line for your xbox. You think if people who wanted to scalp the xbox weren't allowed to purchase it on launch day there wouldn't still be camp lines? Don't be angry because you were the dumbass who shows up 30mins before the store opens thinking how dope its gunna be when I get back home and start playing halo in high defineition.
    12-12-08 06:58 AM
    Ha, no, I was on a list that was "guaranteed" to get them but they didn't get as many as expected and the people ahead of me, who were selling theirs, got them instead......so they did just as much work as I did.

You seem a bit angry homeboy, mad that ya got called out? Not everyone can go camp out at a walmart for a few days btw, some people have this thing call school and this other thing called a job where they EARN their money.
    12-12-08 07:01 AM
    This is why I don't eBay and Paypal. Paypal is the biggest POS company in the world. They blow when it comes to protecting their accounts. I'm surprised no lawsuits have been filed against their shifty ways. I feel for you. I'd be knocking on her door by now.
    12-12-08 07:01 AM
    Wow.. I will never get the 15 minutes it took me to read this thread back....

Now i am dissapointed that the OP hasn't responded!

I had paypal do this to me as well on Tickets to a football game. They told me that they would hold the funds for 21 days or until the buyer left good feedback. That is CRAP considering the day it shipped i provided a signature and tracking number on the package. BS PayPal...

Civic... TUNS of lawsuits have been filed against paypal. Just google it... Welcome to PayPalSucks.com, PayPal Lawsuit, PayPal Alternative, PayPal Complaints, Fraud & Evil behind the PayPal system!
    12-12-08 07:02 AM
    I'm one of those people who's about to go insane if they get another phishing attempt for paypal or ebay....i get about one a day, not sure why they don't try and do something about it over there....
    12-12-08 07:04 AM
    i assume you purchased the phone from verizon for $250.00? you then attempted to sell it on ebay for $760.00 for a profit of $520.00.

sounds to me like someone took advantage of you just like you took advantage of them.

it's called payback

No, in all actuality it is called free enterprise.
    12-12-08 07:10 AM
    Ha, no, I was on a list that was "guaranteed" to get them but they didn't get as many as expected and the people ahead of me, who were selling theirs, got them instead......so they did just as much work as I did.

You seem a bit angry homeboy, mad that ya got called out? Not everyone can go camp out at a walmart for a few days btw, some people have this thing call school and this other thing called a job where they EARN their money.

They obviously did their work faster than you. I understand not everybody can camp out in line for days but those that can't, can't expect to get a hot item that is in short supply on launch day. Most of these college kids work some bull**** job making minimum wage so the smart ones did the math and figured out that the money they would make off the xbox, ps3, wii, tickle me elmo or whatever other trendy item was more than the time they missed from their job. You seem angry that you got beat out by faster smarter scalpers who "are morons" because they take advantage of people who will pay anything to have what they can't get.
    12-12-08 07:30 AM
218 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD