So I sold my Storm on ebay.

I called Verizon and got the unlock code and all that good stuff. Put it on ebay and the auction ended for $760. Buyer took a week to pay for it and the day I shipped it, she demanded I give her a tracking number or she was going to report me. (I paid for tracking, not her) I should have known then she was going to be trouble.

Anyhow, I gave it to her. It was delivered to her on Wednesday morning. That afternoon she sent me an email stating "how did you unlock this phone"
    I told her and asked her why wondering if she was having problems getting it to work. I didn't get a reply but then 2 hours later I got an email from Paypal saying that she opened a dispute against me. Her claim, she never received the phone. Tracking number says differently.

I was eligible for seller protection but my dumb a$$ didn't know that I had to have signature confirmation if the item was over $250...expensive mistake there. Paypal is going to give her her money back even though I have the tracking number that says it was delivered.

Paypal told me to get the law involoved and she could be charged with mail fraud. Post office is already investigating it.

My question to you guys, is there any way to disable the phone so that it can't be used since it was unlocked. I know Verizon can put it on the lost/stolen list but I know that won't do anything if she is using a SIM from another carrier. Is there anything that can be done in that respect?

I am going after her one way or another. Paypal isn't going to be any help but I will do what I can to make sure she doesn't get away with it, if that includes mail fraud, mail fraud it is.

Anyone have any ideas? She is in California, I am in Pennsylvania.
    12-12-08 12:24 AM
    What's her address, we'll go tp her house.
    12-12-08 12:27 AM
    Sorry man I'm not sure what more you can do more than you're already doing... That really sucks.. I'm sorry to hear this happened to you.
    12-12-08 12:28 AM
    What's her address, we'll go tp her house.
    Agreed... We got your back lol.
    12-12-08 12:28 AM
    Yeah, give us her address... some of us HAVE to live around her.
    12-12-08 12:29 AM
    Didnt you make sure funds were secured before sending it out? Not familiar with paypal though. Have only ever bought not sold. Does it stay in PayPal acct for x amount of time before you can remove it?
    12-12-08 12:29 AM
    Yeah, what city in CA?
    12-12-08 12:30 AM
    I live in CA... Lets do this baby.
    12-12-08 12:31 AM
    Didnt you make sure funds were secured before sending it out? Not familiar with paypal though. Have only ever bought not sold. Does it stay in PayPal acct for x amount of time before you can remove it?
    Since there is a tracking #, and he has emails most likely stating she received it, he will most likely succeed in getting his money and/or phone back.

Is she anywhere around the SF Bay Area?
    12-12-08 12:32 AM
    Guess u never used this phone. Verizon should be able to lock it up. What good would unlocking it do unless you had another carrier that supported their signal? Does Altel service CA? Even if they do Verizon just bought them.
    12-12-08 12:32 AM
    Where in California....I will go get her for you.........I am in Los Angeles.
    12-12-08 12:33 AM
    Guess u never used this phone. Verizon should be able to lock it up. What good would unlocking it do unless you had another carrier that supported their signal? Does Altel service CA? Even if they do Verizon just bought them.
    If the phone is unlocked she could insert a sim from another carrier and use it.. I'm not sure Verizon locking it would stop that?
    12-12-08 12:34 AM
    yep... paypal has been dicking sellers since it started. as a buyer you have all the protection in the world.
    12-12-08 12:38 AM
    I am sorry to hear about the problem that you are having. I have sold items on eBay for the past 6 years and I learn something new every day. I have completed my ad for the phone that I am receiving. I figure that there will be a lot of scams out there regarding the phone and am looking for every way to protect myself. Ebay works hard to protect buyers and make it really easy for them to find methods to protect themselves but I couldn't find much information on how to protect myself against scammers. I hope that you can get your issue corrected and get your money back.
    12-12-08 12:38 AM
    Where does she live I swear to GOD....if she is close....I will go and get your phone and money back...YESSS SIRRRRRRRR
    12-12-08 12:39 AM
    In LA here too. Im down to brawl!
    12-12-08 12:43 AM
    i recently sold my lg dare and paypal held my money till positive feedback was left, luckily i had an honest buyer...but if they said the box i sent was empty or something i wouldnt have received my money. It almost benifits the thief more than the seller using paypal
    12-12-08 12:49 AM
    Paypal should have taken the evidence showing the tracking information & the email that she sent to you. I am so worried about my auction cause honestly it would be the most expensive item I have ever sold. Thank you for the information about the signature requirement. I didn't realize that either. It's a shame that people out there are willing to scam people of this phone & so many other things in the world.

I live in SC, but if a possey is ready to role out, count me in. I will pitch in on gas.

I will not allow her to disrespect my gangster.

Woohoo!
    12-12-08 12:50 AM
    damn that sucks, hopefully you get your phone or money back.
    12-12-08 12:51 AM
    I am sorry to hear about the problem that you are having. I have sold items on eBay for the past 6 years and I learn something new every day. I have completed my ad for the phone that I am receiving. I figure that there will be a lot of scams out there regarding the phone and am looking for every way to protect myself. Ebay works hard to protect buyers and make it really easy for them to find methods to protect themselves but I couldn't find much information on how to protect myself against scammers. I hope that you can get your issue corrected and get your money back.
    For something like the Storm, given this story, you proably will have to require bank check or something like that. And mail out when it clears.
    12-12-08 12:52 AM
    do you remember the pin#...?
    12-12-08 12:54 AM
    "we could kill her dog... does she have a dog if not we could get her one and then kill it" i hate people like that on ebay similar thing happened to me with an ipod
    12-12-08 01:14 AM
    As long as all communication was done over ebay you should be good. Also next time hold on to the unlock code till you have the money in the bank. I never keep money in my paypal acc. vary long, always send it to my bank asap.
    Last edited by sanj0; 12-12-08 at 01:51 AM.
    12-12-08 01:47 AM
    do you remember the pin#...?
    Ya I was going to ask this same question. I don't believe that the pin can be changed... as far as i know...
    12-12-08 01:55 AM
    man that is some bs, sue... let her learn a lesson from this, seriously.
    12-12-08 02:03 AM
218 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD