Is it possible to save a website onto your home screen?
    I go to Digital Gunfire website a lot and use their streaming audio and was wanting to save it as a favorite on my home screen as an icon. Is that possible? Did a search but did not find any pertinent information. Thank you.
    02-21-09 11:45 AM
    nope......
    02-21-09 12:07 PM
    Yes there is a way to bookmark a favorite on your browsers homepage, and my dumb *** just barely figured out how to do it yesterday. When you're on the page you want saved, just hit the bb button, there'll be a option that says "Bookmark", just click on that, and it'll be added to your homepage. Thank god I figured it out (I had beent ryin to for awhile), because retyping the most frequent websites I visit everytime was a huge hassle.
    02-21-09 12:55 PM
    Yes there is a way to bookmark a favorite on your browsers homepage, and my dumb *** just barely figured out how to do it yesterday. When you're on the page you want saved, just hit the bb button, there'll be a option that says "Bookmark", just click on that, and it'll be added to your homepage. Thank god I figured it out (I had beent ryin to for awhile), because retyping the most frequent websites I visit everytime was a huge hassle.
    I don't think thats what the OP was asking. The OP asked for a homescreen icon. (i.e. a launcher)

xxfire is correct. there is no built in way to do this. you could create a launcher to do this but that is the only way I know of to have an Icon on the home screen. There is a member in the 3rd party forum that is creating launchers for free. look up that thread and post a request. Otherwise there is a tutorial that was in the CB Blogs on how to do this if you have the signing keys and the SDK.
    02-21-09 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD