Adding to a bit of my frustration...

There is an Authorized Retailer near me that has a Storm. I went into the store, held the device, and was getting the credit card out... HOWEVER, they were unable to sell me the device due to the "Pending Order" of my Storm which was ordered Friday at 7:30 in the morning (which I was SUPPOSED to get today).

The fact that the order was processed means that evidentially they can't cancel the order. It has NOT shipped, no one will guarantee when it will ship or when I will receive it. There is one that I could have bought today, but Verizon can't seem to do anything about my current order.

The Authorized Agent can't do anything until the Pending Order has been taken away, which I've learned is something I can do by sending back the phone when I get it who knows when... She is unable to do the "Managers Over-Ride" or "Manager's Approval" because it's not a corporate store, and CS as well as Telesales are both saying that I am just out of luck.

This is getting extremely annoying... I guess, for once though, I'm hearing the same thing from more than one person... "We're sorry, but we can't help you."
    11-22-08 04:07 PM
    **** verizon! I have called everyday multiple times a day and getting different answers, verizon will pay for the saturday shipping bulI**** that never happened, I talked to reps and they said to expect either next friday or december 5th, WTF

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 04:08 PM
    Checked my emails all day.... NO tracking number. Mind you my rep said it was sent out at 9am. Its ridiculous that I dont have a tracking number YET.....
    I'm in the same boat as you are.
    11-22-08 04:14 PM

There is an Authorized Retailer near me that has a Storm. I went into the store, held the device, and was getting the credit card out... HOWEVER, they were unable to sell me the device due to the "Pending Order" of my Storm which was ordered Friday at 7:30 in the morning (which I was SUPPOSED to get today).

The fact that the order was processed means that evidentially they can't cancel the order. It has NOT shipped, no one will guarantee when it will ship or when I will receive it. There is one that I could have bought today, but Verizon can't seem to do anything about my current order.

The Authorized Agent can't do anything until the Pending Order has been taken away, which I've learned is something I can do by sending back the phone when I get it who knows when... She is unable to do the "Managers Over-Ride" or "Manager's Approval" because it's not a corporate store, and CS as well as Telesales are both saying that I am just out of luck.

This is getting extremely annoying... I guess, for once though, I'm hearing the same thing from more than one person... "We're sorry, but we can't help you."
    You should have just activated a new line... you could have always canceled it within 30 days!
    11-22-08 04:23 PM
    Checked my emails all day.... NO tracking number. Mind you my rep said it was sent out at 9am. Its ridiculous that I dont have a tracking number YET.....
    Same here, I ordered online yesterday at like 6:45 AM and it still says my order is processing and to check back tomorrow
    11-22-08 04:24 PM
    **** verizon! I have called everyday multiple times a day and getting different answers, verizon will pay for the saturday shipping bulI**** that never happened, I talked to reps and they said to expect either next friday or december 5th, WTF

This is my problem. No one will give me a straight answer.

Meanwhile, I sold the AT&T phone I'm porting the number from on Ebay and have to ship it out. So AT&T will bill me for another month, an ETF, and I won't even have use of the number for 1, 2, or three weeks.

I've some to hate Verizon over this. Not the logistical problems--but the inability to know their butts from a hole in the ground and give me the straight scoop.
    11-22-08 04:28 PM
    I'm in the same boat as you are.
    Same here, I ordered online yesterday at like 6:45 AM and it still says my order is processing and to check back tomorrow
    im with you guys. i hate this my rep told me i would get it today no tracking number no email. I called and they told me that i should get it tuesdya or wendsday this sucks though its complete bull
    11-22-08 04:34 PM
    I just called fedex and just found out that there no shipments to my address for the next couple of days...
    11-22-08 04:44 PM
    Just about 6 PM EST and no FedEx tracking number available for 611. I pretty much planned on sitting around playing with my new toy today (when I get stuff like this, I tend to burn up a lot of time sifting through every little detail; probably not much different than others on here). Well, that certainly didn't pan out for me. I guess I'll just have to be happy watching college football games that I don't care about and wasting time on crackberry.com.

** hum,

-SR-
    11-22-08 04:57 PM
    VZW led everyone to believe the stores were gonna be stocked to the gills with these things. Out of the 3 stores I spoke to they never had more than 20. Probably 10 of those went to Employees. I did go in and order, so I guess I should expect it Tuesday. They did waive the rebate and then gave me my corporate discount on top of that so I only paid 149 + tax so I am pretty pleased about that. Also for the fact that my NE2 wouldnt have officially been up until June 09. Oh well, waited this long for it so a few more days wont matter.
    11-22-08 04:58 PM
    VZW led everyone to believe the stores were gonna be stocked to the gills with these things. Out of the 3 stores I spoke to they never had more than 20. Probably 10 of those went to Employees. I did go in and order, so I guess I should expect it Tuesday. They did waive the rebate and then gave me my corporate discount on top of that so I only paid 149 + tax so I am pretty pleased about that. Also for the fact that my NE2 wouldnt have officially been up until June 09. Oh well, waited this long for it so a few more days wont matter.
    I agree with you but they shouldnt of told us we were getting them on a day and then it not have it happen. I can wait till tuesday then ill have thanksgiving break (no work or school) to play with it.
    11-22-08 05:00 PM
    Don't expect it Tues or Weds. My guess is the 5th.
    11-22-08 05:04 PM
    I just called customer service to get information on my order. bong_water was nice enough to look up tracking for me and found that my secondary line phone was shipped out and will arrive Monday (this is not a storm). I called to see when the Storm will ship out and they assured me that it will go out Tuesday and arrive on Friday.

I am not super happy about this but at this point, I am happy that I do not have to wait another couple of weeks like some other users.

I do feel Verizon should have handled this a little better. There are several people who placed orders after me that have their phones currently. This is just a frustrating situation for those who are in need of a new phone and have waited for this one in particular.
    11-22-08 05:22 PM
    well to some guys here..i am glad i am wrong for some of you..it looks like some of you did get sat overnight delivery which some of you got Well i am like many people..i would like one..but they are sold out everywhere..oh well i can wait..i hope i can get one before this year..
    11-22-08 05:25 PM
    Well, if I post to complain, I should post also when more pleased. While I won't get the Storm until the 5th probably, both a supervisor and Rha at Telesales finally were able to do what I wanted. Not get me the Storm "NAO!" but port over my AT&T number so I won't be without it until the 5th.

I am satisfied.
    11-22-08 05:26 PM
    Yeah I went into my store today to get a holster that puts it into sleep mode automatically and they said that i was lucky to have mine and that others that ordered theirs at the store have to wait till the 5th to receive it.
    11-22-08 05:30 PM

BU11SH1T i was in best buy this afternoon and had the same problem called rha and made him cancel the order, after 2 hour and 2 dead batteries i walked out with a shiny new storm. they got 9 in that they werent expecting, 10 m inutes before i walked in. i got #9
    11-22-08 06:31 PM
    BU11SH1T i was in best buy this afternoon and had the same problem called rha and made him cancel the order, after 2 hour and 2 dead batteries i walked out with a shiny new storm. they got 9 in that they werent expecting, 10 m inutes before i walked in. i got #9
    Who or what is rha? Any advice or tips would be appreciated. She's holding it for me until Monday morning.

I've been on the phone with Customer Service and Telesales all afternoon and all I am hearing is that it's already been processed and "closed" so there is nothing they can do. Like I said in my earlier post, for the first time, they're consistently telling me they can't help me.

Starting to remind me of a cs department from a former phone company I was with back in 2001... We're with Verizon because stuff like this didn't happen... I guess times change when they grow a bit too quickly, eh?
    11-22-08 06:39 PM
    I got the same response. My non storm phone shipped but no tracking info on my Storm, so no way to cancel and no way to purchase and activate one from the store on my line.
    11-22-08 06:41 PM
    I ordered mine at 10am on friday still no word, I called back and the lady told me if I brought it before 12 It would ship out the 25th or soon then we will send it one day for free and she said she would make sure of that. I hope so i don't want to go out of town without it.
    11-22-08 07:06 PM
    stayfly, the CS rep I spoke with tonight said they are not sending any storms out overnight (not even standard) so if the phones go out 11/25 the earliest you would get it is Friday. I hope she was wrong.
    11-22-08 07:16 PM
    This confuses me still: so does this Friday delivery that's supposed to come, this is the "no later than December 5th" date? I hadn't heard anyone give a November 27th date. My rep called me today (after not talking to her ALL DAY yesterday) and told me the East Coast computers were shut down all day yesterday and she was just able to enter my order. She gave me a 7 to 10 business days song and dance, and I told her fine. I mean, what can you do at this point? But I'm starting to wonder if it may come earlier. Or God forbid sometime around December 15.

Man, I tell you, I've been so annoyed all day today.

11-22-08 07:33 PM
    I just called verizon and they told me that my phone is scheduled to be shipped on monday and that it tuesday or wendsday. So you might want to call verizon directly.
    11-22-08 07:37 PM
    I ordered mine from the VZ store early Friday morning. I went back today to verify it was ordered and received the tracking #, it was shipped out the same day and due for delivery on Tuesday.
    11-22-08 07:45 PM
    UPS doesnt deliver on saturdays not sure about Fedex though.
    UPS does deliver on Saturdays. They even have early am shipments if needed. FYI They even have a plane service called Delta Dash for extremely important shipments that need same day delivery.
    11-22-08 07:50 PM
143 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD