I just got off the phone with Verizon inquiring about my order status. My phone didn't even ship and I had my order confirmation email from telesales at 8:30 c.s.t yesterday morning. I paid for the Sat. delivery as indicated by the line item below.
    FEDEXSHP006 FEDEX SAT BY 12PM $19.99

They had no idea when it might ship. Way to build a product launch up and totally botch it. I'm pretty sure I'll just cancel my order now and look at some other device.
    11-22-08 07:47 AM
    Since I live close to the local facility I'm going to take a chance and drive over there and see if I can just pick it up rather than wait until Monday. It's worth a try. Maybe I'll tell them I'm heading out of the country Monday and I have to have a world phone and I thought "overnight" meant I'd have it by Saturday.
    nice, i have been out there so many times cause fedex always messes up my packages. it wasn't on the truck yet as of 8
    11-22-08 07:54 AM
    I am so unbelievably pissed. I ordered online at 6:30 am EST. I've lost count of how many people ordered after me, both online or over the phone, and have tracking numbers. I don't. And my CC wasn't charged.
    11-22-08 07:55 AM
    I am so unbelievably pissed. I ordered online at 6:30 am EST. I've lost count of how many people ordered after me, both online or over the phone, and have tracking numbers. I don't. And my CC wasn't charged.
    I am joining your club....
    11-22-08 08:03 AM
    I'm seriously considering canceling Verzion over this. I'll go with AT&T and get a bold. Sheesh. I don't mind the straight scoop, but I HATE being lied to. I've now had 5 different people at Verizon lie to me.
    11-22-08 08:40 AM
    Business rep entered order at 0700 and I approved order at 0730. Waited all day for a confirmation or tracking and had nothing as of 2300. Got up this morning and had email at 0745 from Verizon with confirmation and tracking. Received Storm at 0930.
    11-22-08 08:56 AM
    Business rep entered order at 0700 and I approved order at 0730. Waited all day for a confirmation or tracking and had nothing as of 2300. Got up this morning and had email at 0745 from Verizon with confirmation and tracking. Received Storm at 0930.
    If only I were so lucky.
    11-22-08 09:14 AM
    Just called them up and got my tracking number OFFICIALLY. On the truck for delivery as we speak.

On another note, it was funny talking to her. I asked her how she was doing after yesterday and she said she was off sick, so she missed that madness. Lucky her.
    11-22-08 09:17 AM
    I called FedEx and confirmed nothing coming my way. I talked to Verzion and they'll deliver to my work on Monday they say. I said, "if it's not Monday, I'm going to AT&T to get a bold and you're not charging me any early termination fee." They agreed.
    11-22-08 09:22 AM
    To those of you who were told yours wouldn't ship until 11/25 or 12/5, have hope.

I ordered mine thru CS at 6:30-ish this morning, and didn't complete the call for almost two hours. It was to be over-nighted and received by 12:30 pm tomorrow. When I called a few hours later for a tracking number, I was told it wasn't going to ship until 11/25. I called back an hour or two later and was told 12/5. I got kinda pissed and that CSR went to her manager and came back saying since the order was placed before 2:00 it would ship 11/25.

However, I just now got an email w/the FedEx tracking info saying it'll be delivered before 1:30 pm tomorrow. Yay!
    I ordered mine at the store at around 9:30 after they sold out at my store. I called CS this morning and they said the same thing. That it wouldn't ship until 11/25. I told her that the rep at the store said I would have it by Sat. I made her check to see if I had a tracking number just to make sure, and low and behold, I had a tracking number, it's not for today, but I will be getting it for Monday, so I guess that's okay as well.
    11-22-08 09:22 AM
    just to all you guys that call verizon reps liars are kinda being rude about it. They are not told that the phones would not get shipped. They dont know themselves whats going on. Normal shipping is before 5pm EST gets shipped. I wish you guys would realize that you should not get so upset over a phone. No one had any idea this phone would sell the way it did either. And im sure no one had intentions on "lying" to you. They want to get you the phone ASAP
    11-22-08 09:28 AM
    I was told Friday at 9am when I ordered my phone in store that it would be delivered on Saturday. FedEx shows Monday. I called FedEx and they told me that Saturday delivery was not ordered, so it will not be delivered until Monday. Since I can't be at home on Monday, I wanted to pick it up at FedEx. They told me because it is a Verizon package, a delivery attempt must be done first, before any pickups can occur.
    I should have known better and ordered online, instead of going to the store and dealing with incompetent sales people.
    11-22-08 09:32 AM
    Oh and guess what just arrived???????
    11-22-08 09:33 AM
    just to all you guys that call verizon reps liars are kinda being rude about it. They are not told that the phones would not get shipped. They dont know themselves whats going on. Normal shipping is before 5pm EST gets shipped. I wish you guys would realize that you should not get so upset over a phone. No one had any idea this phone would sell the way it did either. And im sure no one had intentions on "lying" to you. They want to get you the phone ASAP
    My bank account has been charged for something I didn't receive and they tell me I cannot cancel the order, so I am without the money until I tell FedEx to send it back.

I was told Saturday delivery and don't worry by 4 different people. I am traveling next week and if I don't have it Monday, it'll sit.

I put the AT&T phone up for sale on Ebay and have to send it out Monday.

This will mean that come Monday, I send out my AT&T phone but have no Verizon phone to add to my account. Actually, I have an old one I could activate, but they say no, that I have to activate the AT&T number when the Storm comes.

So I have been lied to--including this AM by someone who said "it didn't ship because we're out of stock but it'll ship today because we're back in stock." and then I was told that wasn't true, and then I was told it WAS true.

I don't mind paying for things, and I don't complain about the $130 a month I pay to Verzion. But what I will not accept is being told one thing when it's another. If you don't know something for a fact, and you tell me what you think I want to hear, you're lying to me.
    11-22-08 09:34 AM
    Like so many others, I place my Storm order in the store since they were all out of stock. The order was placed around 10 AM. The rep had told me that overnight shipping wasn't free and I told here to check on the price. About that time, another rep tells his customer that they could not guarantee overnight shipping because they didn't know how many orders were being placed around the country. After hearing that, I made a deal with my rep to give me free overnight shipping so that I wouldn't be paying for nothing if my order didn't show up on Saturday. She agreed. Shortly after, a store manager came around and told all of the reps to give everyone free overnight shipping.

I called *611 around 2:30 yesterday to get tracking info. I was told that the info was not available but their records showed that there was plenty of stock available to fill the order, so there shouldn't be any problem with me getting my order on Saturday. I called again at 6:30. Still no tracking info, but they gave me the same song and dance that there was plenty of stock available to fill my order. The operator also added that often-times, the tracking numbers for overnight orders aren't even available until the order has already arrived. Obviously, that's not the case based on other posts in this thread.

I called again this morning (10:00) and that's when they finally gave me the whole "Since you ordered Friday morning, your order will ship no later than 11/25" nonsense. I was less than pleased and made is clear.

Frankly, after all of this, I don't believe anything they tell me anymore. The order will arrive whenever it does, I guess. They say no later than 11/25 ship date, but I wouldn't be surprise if it went later.

Well, at least I got free overnight shipping.

-SR-

PS: Based on some other reports about OS security problems and downgrading the previous OS and what not, perhaps the silver lining here is that, when I do get my order, the Storms will have a newer, better OS on them. Here's to hoping.
    11-22-08 09:35 AM
    nice, i have been out there so many times cause fedex always messes up my packages. it wasn't on the truck yet as of 8
    No luck. It wasn't there and he said he wouldn't have been able to get it if it had because there are just too many packages to sort through. It's still scheduled to be delivered Monday. I suppose I'll live without it until then.
    11-22-08 09:36 AM
    Just went to Best Buy and they had 13 for sale. But when I tried to get mine, they tried to work me, and get me to pay extra. I refuse

Saturday 11am....NO confirmation number YET.

Called my telesales rep, says its been shipped. And its too late for me to cancel

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 10:11 AM
    fedex just dropped mine off, says his truck is filled with storms
    11-22-08 10:12 AM
    I paid $14.99 for saturday delivery. My account was charged for Saturday delivery. I looked at my tracking and it said it was scheduled for Monday delivery. I called FedEx and they told me that the Saturday delivery box was never checked off. FedEx said to call Verizon and either get the $14.99 credit or Verizon could call FedEx and tell them to fix the mistake. Verizon said they wouldn't call FedEx and gave me my credit. As I walked in the back door this morning I saw the FedEx truck pull away from my house and no package was left. Double checked my tracking and somehow the Saturday delivery was corrected. AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
    11-22-08 10:23 AM
    My Verizon rep just called and apologized and credited my account with the overnight shipping fee that i paid. Im still upset though. I feel like they just gave me the run around...how do you plan for months on launching the next big thing and mess it up this badly?

PS. im not getting my storm until TUESDAY. >_<
    Last edited by seriouslyluxurious; 11-22-08 at 10:37 AM. Reason: forgot something...
    11-22-08 10:37 AM
    i was told mine would get here today. after talking with vzw customer support six times, and receiving three different tracking numbers:

Nov 22, 2008 1:37 AM
    Arrived at FedEx location
    MEMPHIS, TN

Nov 21, 2008 11:44 PM
    Left FedEx origin facility
    MEMPHIS, TN

Nov 21, 2008 7:34 PM

Picked up
    MEMPHIS, TN

Now it just needs to get to Florida, then my front door.
    11-22-08 10:47 AM
    Saturday... Still no tracking number. Called my rep said I should get it no later than the 25th. Granted I'm getting my phone shipped to my house....

Luckily i'll have someone here to recieve it.
    11-22-08 10:49 AM
    Make sure you check the e-mail address on your account at verizonwireless.com. I hadn't updated it and thought that my storm hadn't been shipped yet until I went to my old e-mail.

This morning I discovered this and now I know it will be here by 12 AM.

My order was placed at 9:30 AM pacific time on Friday.
    11-22-08 11:01 AM
    I am in Los Angeles, ordered yesterday at 8 a.m. and my Storm is on the Fed Ex truck for delivery. I can't wait! I keep walking up to look out the window and look for the truck!
    11-22-08 11:27 AM
    Mine showed up at 10 this morning, unfortunately, i'm still a couple hour out..
    Looks like Heini's and a Storm all afternoon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 12:08 PM
143 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD